1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Aug '19 17:20
    So Ghost will hold that there is nothing special about the Bible.
    Nothing more special then any other bound book.
    They are ALL unique.

Folks, the First Rule of Atheism - Always be very clever.
  2. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    14 Aug '19 17:25
    @sonship said
    They are ALL unique.

That is just not true.
    The first rule of atheism (if there can even said to be a first rule) is to look for the truth.
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Aug '19 17:30
    @sonship said
    They are ALL unique.

The reason, of course, you would be denied membership.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Aug '19 17:31
    @caissad4 said
    That is just not true.
    The first rule of atheism (if there can even said to be a first rule) is to look for the truth.
    The first rule of atheism....is that you don't talk about atheism!!!

Lol, sorry couldn't resist the Fight Club joke here.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Aug '19 18:59
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

No need to deny. No interest in being your member.

I don't like to push down and suppress my human conscience so violently. I know there must be God. At least the creation informs me of that.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Aug '19 19:03
    @caissad4

That is just not true.

I don't think so. Rather the first thing is to cleverly suppress the truth that the human conscience informs you of.

"Don't know which religion is true. But the universe must have come from SOMEBODY bigger than you and I."

Clever suppression of that truth of the source of all creation is what the Atheist must keep up.
  7. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Aug '19 19:20
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

No need to deny. No interest in being your member.

I don't like to push down and suppress my human conscience so violently. I know there must be God. At least the creation informs me of that.
    Atheists don't suppress their conscience. Theists however often suppress their questioning intellect.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Aug '19 21:112 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Atheists don't suppress their conscience. Theists however often suppress their questioning intellect.

No. theists can ask plenty of questions.

Atheists learn how to ask questions so that the answer will not involve a maximal Person. They must assure themselves that whatever is responsible for the universe it is on a lower level of being then themselves - not a person, not a will, not a mind.

The questions are rigged to exclude what they most wish to avoid - a greatest possible Person.
  9. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    19 Aug '19 18:121 edit
    @lemondrop said
    why is the bible such a piece of dull, dry, humorless, violent writings?
    I've tried reading it
    never could
    never will
    there were some beautiful literature, poetry, etc, during that time but the writers of the bible were nearly illiterate
    if only Mya Angelou had written the Bible
    then it would have been beautiful
    thus proof that God must not exist
    for who prose could be more beautiful than His words
  10. Standard memberfireagate
    Grasshopper
    Honolulu
    Moves
    19 Aug '19 20:49
    Fireagate
    Religion has developed a negative connotation. I suggest to think of religion as a system of belief that is organized. With this guideline, we can ignore the negative, and focus our communications on detail. Don't we all have a set of beliefs that we follow? How do we make our decisions? What are the guidelines that we use to make our minor as well as major decisions in our daily life? A person who calls him or herself an atheist, that is a religion in itself, if you use my definition, correct? So basically, John follows a religion called, John's religion. Susan follows a religion called Susan's religion, etc. etc.. If so, then now we can discuss the specifics and details of why Susan has decided the way she has. For example, if Susan's position on abortion is to oppose it, if she wants to, she will share with us why? Specifically why? So now Susan can explain that she believes that the moment there is a heartbeat from the baby in the mother's womb that proves life and so to abort that life is considered murder. Then John responds with, "in my research of the question of, who are we(?), I believe that we are a spirit or soul that only inhabits the physical body. I am not my physical body but rather, I believe that I am a soul that inhabits a physical body. Therefore, I have a question as to what constitutes "life" . Is it possible that the soul does not inhabit the baby in the womb until just moments before birth? If so, then aborting the baby from the womb before that moment is not murder, correct?"
  11. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    19 Aug '19 22:16
    @sonship said
    @caissad4

That is just not true.

I don't think so. Rather the first thing is to cleverly suppress the truth that the human conscience informs you of.

"Don't know which religion is true. But the universe must have come from SOMEBODY bigger than you and I. ...[text shortened]...
    Clever suppression of that truth of the source of all creation is what the Atheist must keep up.
    This, from someone who thinks snakes and donkeys used to talk, but don't anymore,
    whilst simultaneously denying evolution. Bible literalists don't suppress the truth, they just lie continually.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Aug '19 00:343 edits
    @caissad4

This, from someone who thinks snakes and donkeys used to talk, but don't anymore,
    whilst simultaneously denying evolution. Bible literalists don't suppress the truth, they just lie continually.

If evolution took place so that every living thing we see is the result of lucky accidents - that is a miracle.

A speaking serpent in the deep world of the occult is not unbelievable.

A speaking donkey temporarily enabled by God so that the significance of what is being said cannot be missed, concurs with His wisdom.

ie. "Maybe if a animal speaks the truth, you will listen. Maybe if a dumb creature talks to you where your conscience cannot, your utter greedy madness would be arrested, Balaam."

The two instances on the Bible of speaking creatures has the hallmarks of God's wisdom on them.
  13. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    21 Aug '19 00:47
    @sonship said
    @caissad4

If evolution took place so that every living thing we see is the result of lucky accidents - that is a miracle.

A speaking serpent in the deep w ...[text shortened]...

The two instances on the Bible of speaking creatures has the hallmarks of God's wisdom on them.
    No, the two instances of creatures speaking is an indication of a fairy tale.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Aug '19 11:332 edits
    @caissad4

No, the two instances of creatures speaking is an indication of a fairy tale.

I disagree. But then again I read the Bible in its entirety. Its much more than a speaking serpent in Genesis and a speaking ass in Numbers.

Now if you are more realistic, then in your next post explain to us what was the very first instance of biological natural selection.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Aug '19 11:541 edit
    @Indonesia-Phil

Well, they'd have had to be fairly stupid to believe the stuff they were writing about.

Phil, what do you think of this discussion on the apparent collapse of Darwinism today?

Is Darwinism Collapsing ? Jay Dyer on Sunday Wire

YouTube&t=1148s

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree