no title

no title

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
10 Jan 15

Originally posted by galveston75
Never said that. The posting is speaking of God's true followers only. Most who claim to be christians will never see any persecustion. Not a good sign for them...
The thing about everyone who follows Christ will be persecuted is in your own OP.

F

Moves
10 Jan 15

12 Everyone who wants to live a godly life in union with Christ Jesus will be persecuted...
How can you possibly claim that this is the current state of the world?

Moves
10 Jan 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Isaiah 9: 6-7 referenced...

Galveston75; you recognise 2 gods (at least).

A Mighty god and an Almighty god.

One of these gods (the "Mighty" one) you admit is Jesus who you also claim is an angel.

Jesus is your Mighty God and Saviour and the archangel Michael.

The Archangel Micheal is your Saviour.

Jehovah is also your Almighty God and Saviour.

This is polytheism Galveston. Paganism.
Bump for Galveston75.

You asked for me to show you where you are wrong, I'm doing that and now you are ignoring me.

😕

Moves
10 Jan 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
The thing about everyone who follows Christ will be persecuted is in your own OP.
Matt 10:20 Jesus said his followers will be persecuted for his names sake. Not the name of Jehovah. This is another interesting scripture that the JWs sort of claim but fail to realise the significance. Jesus never said you will be persecuted for the name of Jehovah.

Of course Galveston75 will ignore my claim and my use of scripture and continue claiming I'm not using scripture and not claiming anything.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
10 Jan 15

Matt 10:20 Jesus said his followers will be persecuted for his names sake. Not the name of Jehovah. This is another interesting scripture that the JWs sort of claim but fail to realise the significance. Jesus never said you will be persecuted for the name of Jehovah.

Of course Galveston75 will ignore my claim and my use of scripture and continue claiming I'm not using scripture and not claiming anything.
Matthew 10:20 Good News Translation (GNT)

20 For the words you will speak will not be yours; they will come from the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

Matthew 10:20 King James Version (KJV)

20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

Matthew 10:20 International Standard Version (ISV)

20 It won’t be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through[a] you.

Don't really understand your comment on this scripture as it is speaking of Jehovah working thru his spirit in helping or directing ones to speak or having the knowledge needed to speak about spiritual issue.
Perhaps you quoted the wrong scripture?

Moves
10 Jan 15
2 edits

Matthew 10:20 Good News Translation (GNT)

20 For the words you will speak will not be yours; they will come from the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

Matthew 10:20 King James Version (KJV)

20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

Matthew 10:20 International Standard Version (ISV)
...[text shortened]... g the knowledge needed to speak about spiritual issue.
Perhaps you quoted the wrong scripture?
Did Jesus say that Christians will be persecuted for HIS name (Jesus) or not?

You can hem and haw all you like Galveston, it's there in scripture, I've pointed you to it, I'm educating you...as you requested...brother.

🙂

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
10 Jan 15
1 edit

Did Jesus say that Christians will be persecuted for HIS name (Jesus) or not?

You can hem and haw all you like Galveston, it's there in scripture, I've pointed you to it, I'm educating you...as you requested...brother.

🙂
That scripture does not speak of persecusion or being hated. But Matt 10:22 does....

So what is your point?

Moves
10 Jan 15

That scripture does not speak of persecusion or being hated. But Matt 10:22 does....

So what is your point?
I'm sorry I'm obviously not explaining myself well, please be patient while I try again...

Jesus said that Christians will be persecuted for his name. His name is Jesus. Not Jehovah.

Edit: Hang on a minute, didn't I just day that...?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
10 Jan 15

I'm sorry I'm obviously not explaining myself well, please be patient while I try again...

Jesus said that Christians will be persecuted for his name. His name is Jesus. Not Jehovah.

Edit: Hang on a minute, didn't I just day that...?
So yes Jesus said that as I just showed. So still what's your point?

Moves
10 Jan 15
1 edit

So yes Jesus said that as I just showed. So still what's your point?
I shall try to ignore your dishonesty at pretending you don't see the point. You realise that doing that IS dishonest don't you...?

Persecution is congruent with the name of JESUS, not the name of Jehovah.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
10 Jan 15

I shall try to ignore your dishonesty at pretending you don't see the point. You realise that doing that IS dishonest don't you...?

Persecution is congruent with the name of JESUS, not the name of Jehovah.
Dishonest about what? Did I disagree with you are are you just bent on calling me dishonest for the fun of it?

Moves
10 Jan 15
1 edit

Dishonest about what? Did I disagree with you are are you just bent on calling me dishonest for the fun of it?
You keep asking what my point is. I say you know what it is as I've clearly explained it at least two or three times. I think you are being dishonest Galveston75, I've called you on this several times in the past. You can either keep pretending and being dishonest or you can address my point about persecution and the name of JESUS.

🙂

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
10 Jan 15

You keep asking what my point is. I say you know what it is as I've clearly explained it at least two or three times. I think you are being dishonest Galveston75, I've called you on this serval times in the past. You can either keep pretending and being dishonest or you can address my point about persecution and the name of JESUS.

🙂
Whatever dude....... I was honestly trying to listen to you and answer you. What a waste of time.

Moves
10 Jan 15
1 edit

Whatever dude....... I was honestly trying to listen to you and answer you. What a waste of time.
Do you have an response to my point that Jesus said that persecution of Christians would be because of his names sake, his NAME, JESUS. Not the name of Jehovah?

Edit: you asked me to show you what you don't know, to prove you are wrong. I'm trying to respond and have made two attempts now. This one about persecution in JESUS name and about your polytheism.

You can opt out if you want to.

Moves
10 Jan 15

I guess your claim that you want me to show you something was a somewhat hollow one.

I'll be here when you get back.

🙂