New Testament

New Testament

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
12 Dec 12
1 edit

Originally posted by stellspalfie
what limits gods powers?
I'm not aware of anything he can't do but lie.

Moves
13 Dec 12

Originally posted by galveston75
I'm not aware of anything he can't do but lie.
i asked you - could god have eradicated evil from the earth without killing everybody?

you replied - apparently not

if god can do anything, then he should be able to think of a way of solving the problem of humanities evil without killing millions of people.

so is his power limited or not?

why cant he lie, what stops him?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Dec 12
1 edit

i asked you - [b]could god have eradicated evil from the earth without killing everybody?

you replied - apparently not

if god can do anything, then he should be able to think of a way of solving the problem of humanities evil without killing millions of people.

so is his power limited or not?

why cant he lie, what stops him?[/b]
God is absolute perfection. He cannot sin and lying is a sin.

Jehovah God cannot lie (Nu 23:19; Heb 6:13-18), and he hates “a false tongue.” (Pr 6:16-19)

He also knows exactly what to do in any situation to correct anything. If you don't agree with him and his decisions you should call him out and speak your mind to him..............

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
13 Dec 12

Jehovah God cannot lie (Nu 23:19; Heb 6:13-18), and he hates “a false tongue.” (Pr 6:16-19)

He also knows exactly what to do in any situation to correct anything. If you don't agree with him and his decisions you should call him out and speak your mind to him..............
I thought killing was a sin?

Moves
13 Dec 12

why cant he sin? who decided that perfection cannot include sin? isnt sin just a way of describing some moral rules that god created?

could god have clicked his fingers and made evil disappear?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Dec 12

why cant he sin? who decided that perfection cannot include sin? isnt sin just a way of describing some moral rules that god created?

could god have clicked his fingers and made evil disappear?
This has been discussed here many times. You need to notice that stuff.

F

Moves
13 Dec 12

Didn't you dodge it previous times too, saying something or other like "This has been discussed here many times; you need to notice that stuff"?

rc

Moves
13 Dec 12

LOL, there should be a basic Christian theology sticky thread for noobs and zoobs!

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Dec 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I thought killing was a sin?
If Jehovah talks a life, it is justified. He never ends a life to just to end it and make others suffer from it.
But all life belongs to him as he is the giver of life. If anyone abuses it especially that of another, he has every right to do as he sees fit.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
13 Dec 12
1 edit

Edit

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Dec 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
LOL, there should be a basic Christian theology sticky thread for noobs and zoobs!
Sounds good to me. Lol. They do need a search option to use here so anyone can go back and find a previously discussed subject. I may invent that for us... 🙂

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
13 Dec 12

If Jehovah talks a life, it is justified. He never ends a life to just to end it and make others suffer from it.
But all life belongs to him as he is the giver of life. If anyone abuses it especially that of another, he has every right to do as he sees fit.
Let's get this straight -

Lying is a sin therefore God cannot lie.

Killing is a sin but God can kill someone if it is 'justified'?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Dec 12

Good night all...........

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Dec 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Let's get this straight -

Lying is a sin therefore God cannot lie.

Killing is a sin but God can kill someone if it is 'justified'?
Ok lets try this... Is a judge or jury guilty of sin when they sentance someone to death for killing other humans like at the movie theater in Colorado for instance? Is that not justice?
Think on it, good night.

F

Moves
13 Dec 12

Sounds good to me. Lol. They do need a search option to use here so anyone can go back and find a previously discussed subject. I may invent that for us... 🙂
Yep. We could search for the words "waist" or 'explination" as in "It's a waist of my time if you dont understind my explination then there is nothing I can do, gotta go now bye".