1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Mar '23 07:11
    Violence against people because of their religious beliefs [assuming that's what this attack in Hamburg was about] is the kind of atrocity that law enforcement should pull out all the stops to crack down on.

Agree?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Mar '23 15:19
    @fmf said
    Violence against people because of their religious beliefs [assuming that's what this attack in Hamburg was about] is the kind of atrocity that law enforcement should pull out all the stops to crack down on.

Agree?
    I agree. However the JWs are not without fault. They have not practiced a live and let live policy, and instead persecuted and shunned those who have disagreed with their beliefs. They have destroyed families and used their constant predictions of the return of Chirist to discourage peoples investment in their future.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Mar '23 16:35
    @rajk999 said
    I agree. However the JWs are not without fault. They have not practiced a live and let live policy, and instead persecuted and shunned those who have disagreed with their beliefs. They have destroyed families and used their constant predictions of the return of Chirist to discourage peoples investment in their future.
    Not sure that warrants or justifies them being gunned down.
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    10 Mar '23 21:461 edit
    @fmf said

Agree?
    No disagreement on this one. Initial reports indicate the shooter to have been a former member of the congregation; pending further investigations, it appears to be a revenge or grudge massacre, some very personal motive.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Mar '23 02:13
    @divegeester said
    Not sure that warrants or justifies them being gunned down.
    I am not commenting on whether or not murder is justified. Often people are pushed and the reaction is fatal... thats life.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '23 02:58
    @moonbus said
    Initial reports indicate the shooter to have been a former member of the congregation; pending further investigations, it appears to be a revenge or grudge massacre, some very personal motive.
    Orchestrated, vengeful shunning can be really brutal and stuff can happen if the victim is fragile and dislocated by the ostracisation.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Mar '23 08:581 edit
    @rajk999 said
    I am not commenting on whether or not murder is justified. Often people are pushed and the reaction is fatal... thats life.
    Your use of “however” in the post I was replying to indicates that you were inferring justification of the murders. But I accept you clarifying that that wasn’t what you meant.

The JWs have a track record of abuse, that is for certain.
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    11 Mar '23 12:411 edit
    @divegeester said

The JWs have a track record of abuse, that is for certain.
    A particularly abhorrent kind of abuse which presents itself in the guise of love.

It’s a twisted sect, IMO. They teach that higher education is like polishing the railings on a sinking ship.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Mar '23 13:02
    @moonbus said
    A particularly abhorrent kind of abuse which presents itself in the guise of love.

It’s a twisted sect, IMO. They teach that higher education is like polishing the railings on a sinking ship.
    Indeed.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Mar '23 13:18
    @moonbus said

A bunch of morons. Members were forced to sell property and live simply in preparation for the return of Christ back in the earlier days. Now they are not so hard and fast since they ahve been proven wrong over and over. Still followes are blind to their nonsense.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Mar '23 15:20
    I’m half expecting @Galveston75 to turn up and start talking about the JWs are god’s chosen ones because they are persecuted.
  12. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    11 Mar '23 16:06
    @divegeester

As I recall, robbie was also a JW.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Mar '23 16:151 edit
    @moonbus said
    @divegeester

As I recall, robbie was also a JW.
    Yes he was, although Galveston75 distanced himself from him as he became increasingly dysfunctional and off message, culminating in his removal from the site for cheeting (sic) and abusing Russ.

Edit, there was another JW posting for a while but I forget his name; FMF will remember as he has detailed files 😅

Also there was the tragic @beauroberts who was a disfellowshipped JW as they tried to come between him and his wife when he took a blood transfusion. Robbie and Galveston75 were awful to him on this forum.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree