1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '19 02:28
    @philokalia said
    However, just like being an alcoholic, it is something that you can choose to not be.
    A homosexual can "choose" to have heterosexual orientation? Homosexuality is comparable to having a form of poison (alcohol) in one's blood system and being physically addicted to it? Really?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '19 02:31
    @philokalia said
    I see a parallel here, because our sexuality is, to some degree, fluid. So, too, our other vices have aspects that are fluid.
    So are you like KellyJay who stated that he could choose to be a homosexual [and choose not to be a heterosexual] if he wanted to?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Jun '19 02:38
    @philokalia said
    Right:

condemn
    κατακρίνω (katakrinō)
    Verb - Present Indicative Active - 1st Person Singular
    Strong's Greek 2632: To condemn, judge worthy of punishment. From kata and krino; to judge against, i.e. Sentence.

( https://biblehub.com/john/8-11.htm )

He was forgiving her, and not condemning her. He was not saying that her sin was irrelevant, hence sin no more.
    Yes, and the difference is that you continue in your sin of condemnation. It is not our place to condemn; this is the difference between OT Jews and NT Christians.
  4. S. Korea
    Moves
    14 Jun '19 04:09
    @suzianne said
    Yes, and the difference is that you continue in your sin of condemnation. It is not our place to condemn; this is the difference between OT Jews and NT Christians.
    I am not actually condemning. I am saying that it is wrong. I cannot condemn any person.

Where do you get the idea that I am condemning them?
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Jun '19 07:251 edit
    @philokalia said
    (1) "Homophobia" is a made up word designed to pathologize the political opponents of the LGBTQ+ agenda.

(2) We do not decide our sexual attractions easily. Sometimes we have to rage against our urges and instincts. In fact, this is the nature of much of sin, especially pride.

We all have the ability to choose to live the way that we want to.

(3) Christ tells u ...[text shortened]... our spiritual fathers. Of course, it is also good to talk about these things with other compatriots.
    All words are made up. That is how language works. 'Homophobia' is a word created to describe a very real 'hate-filled fear' experienced by many insecure individuals.

And I agree. We do not decide our sexual attractions easily. Indeed, we do not decide them at all.
  6. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    14 Jun '19 07:421 edit
    I just don't get it. Why are religions seemingly fixated upon bedroom and gender issues?
    There's so much global need to be addressed.
    One would think that the priority is obvious: Accomplishing some good in the world.

A good start pertaining to the OP might lie in following the "Silver Rule": Mind your own damned business!
  7. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    14 Jun '19 10:15
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    All words are made up. That is how language works. 'Homophobia' is a word created to describe a very real 'hate-filled fear' experienced by many insecure individuals.

And I agree. We do not decide our sexual attractions easily. Indeed, we do not decide them at all.
    Thanks, you saved me the bother of responding.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Jun '19 10:16
    @indonesia-phil said
    Thanks, you saved me the bother of responding.
    God bless telepathy.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Jun '19 12:21
    @wolfe63 said
    I just don't get it. Why are religions seemingly fixated upon bedroom and gender issues?
    One would think that the priority is obvious: Accomplishing some good in the world.

A good start pertaining to the OP might lie in following the "Silver Rule": Mind your own damned business!
    That is very good advice for churches. Another piece of good advice for them is to clean up their own house first. Churches are corrupted with all manner of sin and evil some of which is condoned by the leaders /pastors.
  10. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    14 Jun '19 19:19
    @philokalia said
    Alright.

So why does the Bible say, in both the Old and New Testament, that homosexuality is wrong? And why does it provide clear definition of marriage as between a man and a woman, and why is this said to be the concession to the sexual desires of man, but nothing else..?

Why does it say created them male and female, and why does St. Paul write that even t ...[text shortened]... if you reject the words of the Bible and the Fathers, you should not consider yourself a Christian.
    Believe anything; you have a guarantee of freedom of religion. But don't try to legislate your religious dogma, because, in a pluralist secular society, there is an equal guarantee of freedom from religion for those who do not share yours.

You are entitled to believe that homosexuality is a sin. However, a secular pluralist state has no business regulating sin. Sin is between you and your God.

We have already seen quite enough of states which regulate sin. It's called theocracy, and it looks like Iran; they hang homosexuals from cranes in public stadiums, you know. Maybe that would suit you better; no one is stopping you from settling there.
  11. S. Korea
    Moves
    15 Jun '19 00:19
    @moonbus said
    Believe anything; you have a guarantee of freedom of religion. But don't try to legislate your religious dogma, because, in a pluralist secular society, there is an equal guarantee of freedom from religion for those who do not share yours.

You are entitled to believe that homosexuality is a sin. However, a secular pluralist state has no business regulating si ...[text shortened]... ic stadiums, you know. Maybe that would suit you better; no one is stopping you from settling there.
    I don't know all the details of every criminal hanged in Iran, but some of the famous examples were sexual predators hanged for molesting children. The famous gay couple hanged together turns out to have been serial child molesters together...

And i live in Korea.

We're a republic with guaranteed freedom of speech, but we aren't a pluralistic society in many ways, though we are secular.

Why should I live in a secular and pluralistic society, and why should I care about voting to uphold your conception of such a society.

I'm going to keep voting for the government I want regardless of your conceptions of how America should be.

The rainbow flag has much less of a place in American history than the cross.
  12. S. Korea
    Moves
    15 Jun '19 00:20
    @wolfe63 said

I don't get why major media is so fixated on forcing the gay agenda down everyone's throats to the point that every TV show and advertisement focuses on it in America...

But here we are.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jun '19 01:43
    @philokalia said
    I don't know all the details of every criminal hanged in Iran, but some of the famous examples were sexual predators hanged for molesting children. The famous gay couple hanged together turns out to have been serial child molesters together.
    What do some sexual predators hanged for molesting children have to do with homosexual people generally?
  14. S. Korea
    Moves
    15 Jun '19 02:18
    @fmf said
    What do some sexual predators hanged for molesting children have to do with homosexual people generally?
    In this case, the people that the Western media championed as having been "hanged for being gay" were actually sexual predators, and thus I was addressing the issue that "Iran hangs gays" (!!!) and making it accurate for people.

There are gays and atheists in Iran that are fairly open about their orientations and their ideologies because the Police don't regularly engage them, especially in the North.

During Hatemi, I am sure, many gay people were using apps and hooking up.

It's probably still going on.

I know a bit about this because my significant other is an Iranian.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jun '19 02:39
    @philokalia said
    In this case, the people that the Western media championed as having been "hanged for being gay" were actually sexual predators, and thus I was addressing the issue that "Iran hangs gays" (!!!) and making it accurate for people.
    Does Iran hang gays?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree