1. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Dec '20 22:16
    @suzianne said
    Paul also said: "Women should remain silent in the churches, They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church." -- 1 Corinthians 14:34-35, NIV
    It appears that the writer of most of the New Testament, Paul, offered more of his opinions than facts from Jesus.

If one was LGBT, then I wouldn't blame them for ignoring Paul and his opinions.
  2. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    20 Dec '20 23:57
    @hakima
    you sound agnostic to me..
  3. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    25 Dec '20 14:122 edits
    @chaney3 said
    Does anyone know how Christians from the LGBT community get around the stigma of sin that is perceived by most in the Bible? They must feel that their lifestyle is accepted by Jesus, right?

I think that separate churches exist exclusively for the LGBT community?

As mentioned in a different thread, Jesus never commented on the issue of being gay, and salvation.

Edit:. I don't know any gay Christians or I would ask them.
    Does anyone know how Christians from the LGBT community get around the stigma of sin that is perceived by most in the Bible?

Probably the same way Evangelical Christians who are lying and corrupt politicians do. The only difference I see, is the LGBT community isn't harming anyone
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Dec '20 17:49
    @mchill said
    Does anyone know how Christians from the LGBT community get around the stigma of sin that is perceived by most in the Bible?

Probably the same way Evangelical Christians who are lying and corrupt politicians do. The only difference I see, is the LGBT community isn't harming anyone
    Gays, lesbians and all sexual deviants will fare better in the day of judgment than lying crooked politicians.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Dec '20 23:051 edit
    @mchill said

Are you suggesting that they are in denial about their actions being wrong?

Or do they just ignore anything in the Bible that would suggest that they are sinning?

My guess regarding the LGBT community is that despite what may be written about sexual orientation, they just will not believe that Jesus loves them any less.
  6. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    26 Dec '20 03:222 edits
    @chaney3 said

Or do they just ignore anything in the Bible that would suggest that they are sinning?

My guess regarding the LGBT community is that despite what may be written about sexual orientation, they just will not believe that Jesus loves them any less.

Not at all, I'm sure they are very aware there actions are wrong, just as any Christian who sins by lying, cheating, and stealing are aware of it.

I'm sure this is true, but the same can be said for any Christian who sins in any other way.

For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. James 2:10 (NIV)
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Dec '20 03:371 edit
    @mchill said

Not at all, I'm sure they are very aware there actions are wrong, just as any Christian who sins by lying, cheating, and stealing are aware of it.

My guess regarding the LGBT community is that despite what may be written about sexual orientation, they just will not believe that Jesus lov ...[text shortened]... the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. James 2:10 (NIV)
    What I am most curious about is the repenting, and changing one's ways if it's determined that an action is a sin.

The LGBT community, likely not to change their sexual orientation, is in a catch 22 situation. Either they believe that they're doing nothing wrong, or they feel that they're wrong, yet refuse to change. And it's this refusal to change that's contrary to Christian principles.

Note: perhaps they are relying more on what Jesus did NOT say about being gay, than what Paul or James warns.
  8. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    26 Dec '20 05:084 edits
    @chaney3 said
    What I am most curious about is the repenting, and changing one's ways if it's determined that an action is a sin.

The LGBT community, likely not to change their sexual orientation, is in a catch 22 situation. Either they believe that they're doing nothing wrong, or they feel that they're wrong, yet refuse to change. And it's this refusal to change that's contrary to Chri ...[text shortened]... haps they are relying more on what Jesus did NOT say about being gay, than what Paul or James warns.

I can't answer that. It's a noble thing to want to stop sinning; it's quite another to achieve that. My attitude regarding repenting can be summed up in this one:

-but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ Romans 23, 24
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Dec '20 11:02
    @mchill said

I can't answer that. It's a noble thing to want to stop sinning; it's quite another to achieve that. My attitude regarding repenting can be summed up in this one:

-but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a p ...[text shortened]... cue me from this body that is subject to death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ Romans 23, 24
    Thats the end of Romans 7. Immediately after in Romans 8, Paul explains and I get the impression that t is a little more that noble to want to stop sinning. In fact Paul stated categorically that it is required, as the path of the flesh and carnal living leads to death, while a life in the Spirit leads to life.
  10. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    26 Dec '20 11:111 edit
    @rajk999 said
    Thats the end of Romans 7. Immediately after in Romans 8, Paul explains and I get the impression that t is a little more that noble to want to stop sinning. In fact Paul stated categorically that it is required, as the path of the flesh and carnal living leads to death, while a life in the Spirit leads to life.
    Immediately after in Romans 8, Paul explains and I get the impression that t is a little more that noble to want to stop sinning. In fact. Paul stated categorically that it is required, as the path of the flesh and carnal living leads to death, while a life in the Spirit leads to life.

That all sounds great, but how does one do this? Does one wake up and say "Today I'll stop sinning!" and it happens? People have been trying this for centuries, to no avail. So - please let me know just how one achieves this...
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Dec '20 11:28
    @mchill said
    Immediately after in Romans 8, Paul explains and I get the impression that t is a little more that noble to want to stop sinning. In fact. Paul stated categorically that it is required, as the path of the flesh and carnal living leads to death, while a life in the Spirit leads to life.

That all sounds great, but how does one do this? Does one wake up and say "Today I'll s ...[text shortened]... e been trying this for centuries, to no avail. So - please let me know just how one achieves this...
    I would think that it is like a grossly overweight person loosing weight. Its a process and it all starts with a single step. Maybe there is a weight trainer and nutritionists around and family members helping out, places you avoid, friends you let go etc. Its a lifestyle, but the person has to want to do t.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Dec '20 14:201 edit
    @mchill said

That all sounds great, but how does one do this? Does one wake up and say "Today I'll s ...[text shortened]... e been trying this for centuries, to no avail. So - please let me know just how one achieves this...
    This is exactly my point with the LGBT community:. Let's say that one feels that being gay is a sin, and tries to repent and change, but obviously cannot. They are then caught in an endless cycle of feeling bad about themselves for "living in the flesh".

It's unhealthy to continually feel bad about who you are because you cannot meet an impossible standard.

Is that Christianity? Causing one to feel bad about who they are, because it's not good enough, and change is always required..... change that we cannot make due to the flesh?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Dec '20 14:33
    @chaney3 said
    It's unhealthy to continually feel bad about who you are because you cannot meet an impossible standard.
    What's your guestimate of the percentage of gay followers of Jesus who "continually feel bad" about who they are?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Dec '20 14:381 edit
    @fmf said
    What's your guestimate of the percentage of gay followers of Jesus who "continually feel bad" about who they are?
    I cannot answer that because I still don't know how gay people view their sexual preference with regards to the Bible and Christianity.

They may feel that they are not sinning or doing anything wrong at all.

Edit: but IF a gay Christian thinks he is sinning, then he's likely to always feel guilty about who he is. He cannot repent, because he cannot change. He either lives in continuous turmoil, or discards his faith.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Dec '20 18:29
    @chaney3 said
    I cannot answer that because I still don't know how gay people view their sexual preference with regards to the Bible and Christianity.

They may feel that they are not sinning or doing anything wrong at all.

Edit: but IF a gay Christian thinks he is sinning, then he's likely to always feel guilty about who he is. He cannot repent, because he cannot change. He either lives in continuous turmoil, or discards his faith.
    Do you believe all 'rich Christians' walk around in a perpetual state of depression and guilt, bearing in mind the biblical stance on wealth, or do you think they have balanced the issue of being rich and a Christian on a personal, individual level?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree