1. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Dec '20 18:35
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Do you believe all 'rich Christians' walk around in a perpetual state of depression and guilt, bearing in mind the biblical stance on wealth, or do you think they have balanced the issue of being rich and a Christian on a personal, individual level?
    It's a little bit different.
    Being rich, in itself, is not a sin. It's how one conducts himself with the wealth that matters.
    But homosexuality is frowned upon in the Bible, in itself, no matter what you do.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Dec '20 19:35
    @chaney3 said
    Does anyone know how Christians from the LGBT community get around the stigma of sin that is perceived by most in the Bible? They must feel that their lifestyle is accepted by Jesus, right?

I think that separate churches exist exclusively for the LGBT community?

As mentioned in a different thread, Jesus never commented on the issue of being gay, and salvation.

Edit:. I don't know any gay Christians or I would ask them.
    The words in the Bible mean nothing in themselves.

When you understand what I just said, you will have your answer.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Dec '20 19:52
    @eladar said
    The words in the Bible mean nothing in themselves.

When you understand what I just said, you will have your answer.
    Explain, and make a point.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Dec '20 20:09
    @chaney3 said
    Explain, and make a point.
    No amount of explaining will help you find the truth. You will need to find it yourself or remain blind.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Dec '20 20:13
    @eladar said
    No amount of explaining will help you find the truth. You will need to find it yourself or remain blind.
    Are you gay?

Can you explain how gay Christians interpret what some say is sin? They must have found a way to interpret scripture differently.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Dec '20 21:39
    @chaney3 said
    It's a little bit different.
    Being rich, in itself, is not a sin. It's how one conducts himself with the wealth that matters.
    But homosexuality is frowned upon in the Bible, in itself, no matter what you do.
    The Bible frowns on a great many things, including drunkards I believe.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Dec '20 22:05
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    The Bible frowns on a great many things, including drunkards I believe.
    You're missing my point.
    I'm trying to determine how people, who know that they're sinning, just continue to sin, and ignore the repentance piece that Jesus desires. Unless.....they 'think' that they're not sinning at all, which becomes an interpretation issue.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Dec '20 11:001 edit
    @chaney3 said
    You're missing my point.
    I'm trying to determine how people, who know that they're sinning, just continue to sin, and ignore the repentance piece that Jesus desires. Unless.....they 'think' that they're not sinning at all, which becomes an interpretation issue.
    It's not that I miss your point, but rather am incredulous to it, remembering as I do some of the vile comments you have made previously about people from the LGBT community.

(Ironically, you made those comments while intoxicated, something similarly 'frowned upon' in the Bible).
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Dec '20 18:09
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    It's not that I miss your point, but rather am incredulous to it, remembering as I do some of the vile comments you have made previously about people from the LGBT community.

(Ironically, you made those comments while intoxicated, something similarly 'frowned upon' in the Bible).
    Instead of merely bringing up my past, try commenting on the OP, which only uses the LGBT community as an example.

Regardless of the sin, what do you say about the unwillingness to repent and change?

Or you can continue to post about my drinking from the past.

Note: I've been away from this site for months, and upon my return I see the same old crap in these threads. Immature bickering with NO real substance.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Dec '20 18:33
    @chaney3 said
    Instead of merely bringing up my past, try commenting on the OP, which only uses the LGBT community as an example.

Regardless of the sin, what do you say about the unwillingness to repent and change?

Or you can continue to post about my drinking from the past.

Note: I've been away from this site for months, and upon my return I see the same old crap in these threads. Immature bickering with NO real substance.
    We are what we post, and in the past you have brought the worst crap imaginable to these forums. Anti-gay, sexist, racist. - Why is it do you think you can return here after a few months with a clean slate and think people will forget the things you posted previously and take your current threads seriously?

Have you repented, have you changed?!
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Dec '20 18:47
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    We are what we post, and in the past you have brought the worst crap imaginable to these forums. Anti-gay, sexist, racist. - Why is it do you think you can return here after a few months with a clean slate and think people will forget the things you posted previously and take your current threads seriously?

Have you repented, have you changed?!
    The threads in this forum are dwindling, with less and less contributing, but the same old 3 or 4 posters. So I started a couple, with legitimate topics.

If YOU don't want to contribute due to my past.....then please just stay out of the threads.

Thanks.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Dec '20 18:511 edit
    @chaney3 said
    The threads in this forum are dwindling, with less and less contributing, but the same old 3 or 4 posters. So I started a couple, with legitimate topics.

If YOU don't want to contribute due to my past.....then please just stay out of the threads.

Thanks.
    One might possibly imagine that this issue of your 'past' is why no one who is gay has spoken up. The OP seems disingenuous.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Dec '20 18:56
    @suzianne said
    One might possibly imagine that this issue of your 'past' is why no one who is gay has spoken up. The OP seems disingenuous.
    My focus is not on gay people, but rather how one goes about being a Christian while living a lifestyle that seems frowned upon in the Bible.

That question interests me.

It can be anything, including living as a drunkard. Do you really think a person can live that lifestyle daily, then just ask for forgiveness each day?

Jesus knows better.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Dec '20 18:591 edit
    @chaney3 said
    My focus is not on gay people, but rather how one goes about being a Christian while living a lifestyle that seems frowned upon in the Bible.

That question interests me.

It can be anything, including living as a drunkard. Do you really think a person can live that lifestyle daily, then just ask for forgiveness each day?

Jesus knows better.
    That's not the question posed in the OP.

That's another reason it seems disingenuous. You've apparently made up your mind.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Dec '20 19:08
    @suzianne said
    That's not the question posed in the OP.

That's another reason it seems disingenuous. You've apparently made up your mind.
    That's not true, you're making a false assumption.

I am looking to see if one may believe that they were born a certain way, and that God knows who they are, and will not send them to hell because of it....no matter what is written in the Bible.

This thread is about the possibility that common sense may override what Paul or James said.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree