killing in the name of

killing in the name of

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
05 Apr 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
No, the punishment should be proportional to the crime. This does not always
happen because evil men are sometimes judges.
I think driving under the influence of drugs should be a criminal offence - and supplying it minors too. I think an employer should be able to fire a worker who is under the influence during work hours too, if they want to. But, broadly speaking, I don't see why something that you do at home - that doesn't harm others, that is conducted voluntarily with informed consent, and doesn't involve defrauding anyone - I don't see why it should be seen as a "crime".

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Apr 12

Originally posted by FMF
I think driving under the influence of drugs should be a criminal offence - and supplying it minors too. I think an employer should be able to fire a worker who is under the influence during work hours too, if they want to. But, broadly speaking, I don't see why something that you do at home - that doesn't harm others, that is conducted voluntarily with informe ...[text shortened]... t, and doesn't involve defrauding anyone - I don't see why it should be seen as a "crime".
Okay. I'll go along with that. HalleluYah !!! 😏

P

Moves
05 Apr 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Penguin
Hmm, I detect a circle here:

1. [b]Original question:
If God told you to kill, would you do so?
2. RJHinds Yes. God is Good by definition so if he commands me to kill, it must be good to do so.
3. Penguin: But how do you tell real communication from God from imaginary communication from God? With such a drastic commandment, surely you efs, possibly out of a sub-conscious fear of the implications of those beliefs.

--- Penguin.[/b]
Do you have any response to my 'going round in circles' post? ie:

1. When asked if you would follow a command from God to kill, you say that yes you would.
2. I ask you how you can tell a communication from God apart from a hallucination of a communication from God, with enough confidence to comply with a communication telling you to kill.
3. You say the whole question is hypothetical and therefore does not need an answer.
4. I point out that if you believe the Bible, you must believe that such communications have happened in the past and therefore could happen to you and therefore the question is not really hypothetical and deserves an answer.
5. You say that you believe that God would communicate a way
6. Goto 2.

The drugs issue seems to have come along at just the right time to allow you to ignore this circle of evasion and I would rather we stick to the topic in this thread.

--- Penguin.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Apr 12

Do you have any response to my 'going round in circles' post? ie:

1. When asked if you would follow a command from God to kill, you say that yes you would.
2. I ask you how you can tell a communication from God apart from a hallucination of a communication from God, with enough confidence to comply with a communication telling you to kill.
3. You say th ...[text shortened]... his circle of evasion and I would rather we stick to the topic in this thread.

--- Penguin.
Believe whatever you want. It is your life anyway. I am nobody of importance
for you to listen to.

F

Moves
05 Apr 12

Believe whatever you want. It is your life anyway. I am nobody of importance
for you to listen to.
Penguin's point about the supposedly divine justification for killing 'going round in circles' is interesting and it arose logically from your exchange of posts with him/her. You shouldn't just withdraw from the discussion. You should address the point. It will be interesting to see what you say.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Apr 12

Originally posted by FMF
Penguin's point about the supposedly divine justification for killing 'going round in circles' is interesting and it arose logically from your exchange of posts with him/her. You shouldn't just withdraw from the discussion. You should address the point. It will be interesting to see what you say.
Why don't you answer him. None of you believe me anyway. Good luck on
figuring it all out.

F

Moves
05 Apr 12

Why don't you answer him. .
Because the question is addressed to you and concerns things you have said. It is the latest post in a discussion that you and Penguin have been having here. Why bail all of a sudden? It would be more interesting to find out how you answer it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Apr 12

Originally posted by FMF
Because the question is addressed to you and concerns things you have said. It is the latest post in a discussion that you and Penguin have been having here. Why bail all of a sudden? It would be more interesting to find out how you answer it.
Well, I am tired of being seen as a liar and I am not interested in trying to
explain things to idiots anymore. I am logging off. Goodbye.

P

Moves
05 Apr 12
1 edit

Well, I am tired of being seen as a liar and I am not interested in trying to
explain things to idiots anymore. I am logging off. Goodbye.
Oh, he's run away. Well, let's hope he never imagines God telling him to kill someone, he has shown how effectively he scrutinises his thoughts.

I am starting to wonder whether RJHinds is even more scary than Dasa!

For the record, I am not accusing RJHinds of being a liar on this occasion. He may well believe that he would kill on a command from God and he may well believe that he will be able to tell such a command from the illusion of one. It's just a shame that when prompted to look at his justifications and logic behind his beliefs, he shies away.

--- Penguin (Mr)

F

Moves
05 Apr 12

Oh, he's run away. Well, let's hope he never imagines God telling him to kill someone, he has shown how effectively he scrutinises his thoughts.

I am starting to wonder whether RJHinds is even more scary than Dasa!

--- Penguin (Mr)
Greetings hale fellow, well met!

P

Moves
05 Apr 12

Originally posted by FMF
Greetings hale fellow, well met!
Thanks.

Well we seem to have scared off the only person who says he would kill if commanded to by God. So I suppose we are left to speculate how such people can have so much confidence in the 'holyness' of the voices in their heads.

I personally have no idea at the moment. Any suggestions?

--- Penguin.

F

Moves
05 Apr 12
1 edit

Well we seem to have scared off the only person who says he would kill if commanded to by God.
He's not the only person. Dasa may come back and continue where he left off on page 8 of this thread.

"The question is that if God the Supreme knower of all things past present and future were to order you to slay the stranger next to you .....would you do it? The person next to you is not known to you, so you do now know the history of this person. However God does know the person and even better that the person knows themselves, so the answer must be YES.......because God knows all things and all outcomes and you do not. Understanding this .....you can now without any doubt or pause or guilt slay the person. Its a no brainer."

This extends to killing a 10 year old child "if God asks you [to]". Indeed, apparently it is "a no brainer" too.

So if Dasa decides or believes God ordered him to do so, he can "without any doubt or pause or guilt slay the person [next to him]".

P

Moves
05 Apr 12

Originally posted by FMF
He's not the only person. Dasa may come back and continue where he left off on page 8 of this thread.

"The question is that if God the Supreme knower of all things past present and future were to order you to slay the stranger next to you .....would you do it? The person next to you is not known to you, so you do now know the history of this person. However G ...[text shortened]... m to do so, he can "without any doubt or pause or guilt slay the person [next to him]".
Oh yeah. I must admit that I have tended recently to just skip over many of Dasa's posts.

I had hopes for an intelligent and considered conversation with RJ but unfortunately he pushed himself into an extremist hole early on and was then unable to climb out of it. Dasa is not only living in the hole, he's digging the damn thing!

--- Penguin.

F

Moves
05 Apr 12
1 edit

Oh yeah. I must admit that I have tended recently to just skip over many of Dasa's posts. [...] Dasa is not only living in the hole, he's digging the damn thing!
Dasa's just popped up on the 'proud Christian' thread [he's been telling me, once again, that I am "dishonest" - that seems to be the main thrust of it]. So perhaps he will come here and continue to explain his 'killing in the name of God' idea more.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
05 Apr 12

Originally posted by FMF
Dasa's just popped up on the 'proud Christian' thread [he's been telling me, once again, that I am "dishonest" - that seems to be the main thrust of it]. So perhaps he will come here and continue to explain his 'killing in the name of God' idea more.
the scary part is that he's probably honest about that, if nothing else.