killing in the name of

killing in the name of

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
10 Apr 12

Originally posted by googlefudge
And this is why people flew planes into the twin towers and why faith is so damned dangerous.
No - it's people that are dangerous , not faith. Faith can lead a man to change the world for the better or worse. So can lack of faith.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Apr 12

Originally posted by knightmeister
No - it's people that are dangerous , not faith. Faith can lead a man to change the world for the better or worse. So can lack of faith.
Right, googlefudge has faith in many things I bet, like gravity, evolution, and
his beloved Atheism, but he does not consider that dangerous.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
11 Apr 12
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
despite the fallacy of your claims, none of those things will talk to him privately and command him to murder another human being.

which is more than i can say for you and dasa, the two most despicable people on this forum have claimed you would murder on orders from your gods.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Apr 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
despite the fallacy of your claims, none of those things will talk to him privately and command him to murder another human being.

which is more than i can say for you and dasa, the two most despicable people on this forum have claimed you would murder on orders from your gods.
His Atheism may allow it's master to enter him and take over. And as we all should know, Satan was a murderer from the beginning.

Jesus said, "He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the
truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from
his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

(John 8:44 NKJV)

P

Moves
12 Apr 12
2 edits

His Atheism may allow it's master to enter him and take over. And as we all should know, Satan was a murderer from the beginning.

Well maybe but his natural reaction to a voice in his head telling him to kill, is to doubt the voice in his head, suspect it is an illusion and therefore ignore it and/or seek objective, outside corroboration or medical/psychiatric help.

Whereas there are voices (or maybe feelings, an awareness of a presence) in your head that, if they commanded you to kill, you would obey without question. You have not offered any method you have to tell an illusion of such a command (or such a command from Satan) from one form God.

Therefore, Satan (if he existed) would have a better chance of success by commanding you to kill than he would by commanding GoogleFudge.

Welcome back to the thread RJ.

--- Penguin.

Moves
12 Apr 12

I have faith in none of those things because I have no faith.

I do not believe ANYTHING at all whatsoever on faith.

Moves
12 Apr 12

Atheism is a result of my world view not the source of it.

And satan is just as fictional as god is.

While I obviously can't claim to know what I would do if I went insane...

I can say that for me to accept a 'voice in my head' as being that of god and following it's
orders to kill someone would require a change in my personality so great as that it wouldn't
be in any meaningful way me any more.

There is no way anything that remotely resembles me would ever accept any 'voice in my head'
as being from god and of doing what it says because it tells me to do it.

Moves
12 Apr 12

Originally posted by knightmeister
Blind faith is dangerous because it allows PEOPLE to base decisions on delusions and
falsehoods rather than reality.

And you can't reason with faith, because beliefs based on faith are not held based on
reason and are held against all reason.

Thus people believing things based on faith is inherently dangerous.

Moves
12 Apr 12

Originally posted by Penguin
Well maybe but his natural reaction to a voice in his head telling him to kill, is to doubt the voice in his head, suspect it is an illusion and therefore ignore it and/or seek objective, outside corroboration or medical/psychiatric help.

Whereas there are voices (or maybe feelings, an awareness of a presence) in your head that, if they commanded you to k ...[text shortened]... kill than he would by commanding GoogleFudge.

--- Penguin.
Thankyou.

P

Moves
13 Apr 12
1 edit

Whereas there are voices (or maybe feelings, an awareness of a presence) in your head that, if they commanded you to k ...[text shortened]... kill than he would by commanding GoogleFudge.

--- Penguin.
Hi RJHinds,

Any response to my suggestion that you are more susceptible to being influenced by a supernatural 'devil' than Googlefudge due to your willingness to follow voices in your head without question?

--- Penguin.

P

Moves
14 Apr 12

Hi RJHinds,

Any response to my suggestion that you are more susceptible to being influenced by a supernatural 'devil' than Googlefudge due to your willingness to follow voices in your head without question?

--- Penguin.
It seems not. I reckon that without a response from RJ (who has plenty of time to be as active on other threads as he has been on this one so he can't claim to be too busy) we could legitimately infer that he concedes the point that he is more likely to be misled into commiting murder by the 'voices' in his head than Googlefudge.

Penguin.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 Apr 12
1 edit

--- Penguin.
Not so, because googlefudge does not have enough power to resist Satan on
his own. He would be like the demon possessed man that could not be bound
by chains because he snapped them in pieces. He was in need of a savior who
could drive the demons out. Along comes Christ and does the job.

We Christians have the Holy Spirit to keep the demons away, including Satan.
HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! 😏

P

Moves
15 Apr 12

Whereas you would not even attempt to resist him because you would believe his was the voice of God since you have no way of differentiating the 'real' voice of God from an illusion of it or from Satan posing as God.

Googlefudge's natural reaction to a voice in the head is to assume a hallucination. Yours is to assume the voice of God (particularly if it feels like the last time you 'heard' God)

--- Penguin.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
15 Apr 12

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! 🙄
the holy spirit possesses people, ergo it's a demon.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Apr 12

If your god spoke to you it would be because you were totally insane and hallucinating. That has happened thousands of times, God told me to kill all those kids. It wasn't me. It would not be a proof of faith, it would be a proof of insanity.