JESUS vs. muhammad

JESUS vs. muhammad

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cape Town

Moves
13 Feb 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
would i kill someone if they did not adopt my religious views, would i kill them once they had adopted them and decided they wanted to change, would i go to other cities and give them letters of fire and sword, stating that if they did not accept my religious views then they would be destroyed, would i make it a capital offense to criticize my religi ...[text shortened]... out my religious decree, promising them happiness in the afterlife if they did so, well would i?
I wouldn't know - which is one of the reasons I asked. So it appears that you do not "resort to violence", but what about the rest of your criticism:
" there is a complete unwillingness to accept that it could in any sense be wrong, and not only that it is not founded on reason but indoctrination, thus when you ask a Muslim to reason they are at a complete loss, become emotional and defensive,"

rc

Moves
13 Feb 09

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
You're being emotional and defensive instead of reasonable right now.

Do you accept that your religion could be wrong?
yes absolutely, infact were not even the apostles of Christ wrong on many occasions and needed correction? also Paul in his wisdom states,

When I was a babe, I used to speak as a babe, to think as a babe, to reason as a babe; but now that I have become a man, I have done away with the traits of a babe. For at present we see in hazy outline by means of a metal mirror, but then it will be face to face. At present I know partially, but then I shall know accurately even as I am accurately known.

1 Corinthians 13:11,12

therefore even at present there are inaccuracies and refinements that need to be made!

as for whether i was emotional and defensive, i dunno?

rc

Moves
13 Feb 09

Originally posted by twhitehead
I wouldn't know - which is one of the reasons I asked. So it appears that you do not "resort to violence", but what about the rest of your criticism:
[b]" there is a complete unwillingness to accept that it could in any sense be wrong, and not only that it is not founded on reason but indoctrination, thus when you ask a Muslim to reason they are at a complete loss, become emotional and defensive,"
[/b]
oh Whitey my friend what about it?

s

At the Revolution

Moves
14 Feb 09

Originally posted by Rajk999
Progressive? Lol .. public executions of 13 yr olds in a football stadium? progressive yeah .. . whatever ...
Proof, please!!

Oh, yeah, government funded killing of two innocent people by electrocution! How barbaric!

s

At the Revolution

Moves
14 Feb 09

Originally posted by Rajk999
Media + My personal experience.
Personal experience??!? Haha ... which Muslim countries have you been to?

rc

Moves
14 Feb 09

Originally posted by scherzo
Personal experience??!? Haha ... which Muslim countries have you been to?
one does not need to go to a predominately Muslim country to meet with Muslims does one?

ZellulÀrer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
14 Feb 09
1 edit

one does not need to go to a predominately Muslim country to meet with Muslims does one?
Yes, all Muslims are the same, whether they're from Bradford or Beira. Meet one, you've met them all 🙄

It's idiotic to claim to understand what's happening in Somalia 'from experience' when you haven't once set foot there.

I've met scores of Scots but I wouldn't claim to have experience of Scotland. And I've met many Somalis in Cape Town but that doesn't give me much idea of the conditions they've fled.

rc

Moves
14 Feb 09

Yes, all Muslims are the same, whether they're from Bradford or Beira. Meet one, you've met them all 🙄

It's idiotic to claim to understand what's happening in Somalia 'from experience' when you haven't once set foot there.

I've met scores of Scots but I wouldn't claim to have experience of Scotland. And I've met many Somalis in Cape Town but that doesn't give me much idea of the conditions they've fled.
bla de blah and fla de flah, its a very old philosophical argument, whether to actually know something one needs to experience it, is it not? for there are many things in life we take upon trust, is there not? therefore you're taking exception to whether Rakk999 has set foot in Somalia is neither here nor there, for he has taken it upon trust that the source from which he received the information was trustworthy.

no one is saying all Muslims are the same, infact they are as diverse in beliefs and culture as anyone else, although no doubt there may be certain universal characteristics, like the Scots for example, our egalitarian sensibility is generally universal, although not in all cases, and no one can draw stereotypical images with any certainty!

when i meet Muslims in my community i have great empathy for them, this is true empathy and not condescension, for i truly believe they are a very sincere people, not all, but generally, and this is despite Islam, for i truly believe it is devoid of spirituality and is governed by perfunctory rituals and unjust laws (e.g. Muta and Halale) to name but a few, and offers no comfort nor any real hope. Muslims i can empathize with, Islam i cannot stomach!

ZellulÀrer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
14 Feb 09
1 edit

bla de blah and fla de flah, its a very old philosophical argument, whether to actually know something one needs to experience it, is it not? !
No, it's just common sense, really.

You're telling me the likes of Rumi was 'devoid of spirituality'?

rc

Moves
14 Feb 09

No, it's just common sense, really.

You're telling me the likes of Rumi was 'devoid of spirituality'?
no i am saying Islam is devoid of spirituality, or at very least is a semblance of spirituality!

ZellulÀrer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
14 Feb 09

no i am saying Islam is devoid of spirituality, or at very least is a semblance of spirituality!
Rumi was a Muslim. So was Kabir. Do you know who they were?

rc

Moves
14 Feb 09

Rumi was a Muslim. So was Kabir. Do you know who they were?
honestly no i do not, although i am sure that you posted something by them a while ago, although i could be mistaken.

ZellulÀrer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
14 Feb 09

honestly no i do not, although i am sure that you posted something by them a while ago, although i could be mistaken.
And yet you pontificate about Islam.

I've nothing further to say.

rc

Moves
14 Feb 09

And yet you pontificate about Islam.

I've nothing further to say.
well thank goodness for that! for my opinions are dictated from my own perceptions and personal experience, yours from book learning, cya!

ZellulÀrer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
14 Feb 09
1 edit

well thank goodness for that! for my opinions are dictated from my own perceptions and personal experience, yours from book learning, cya!
"bla de blah and fla de flah, its a very old philosophical argument, whether to actually know something one needs to experience it, is it not?"đŸ˜”