JESUS vs. muhammad

JESUS vs. muhammad

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Feb 09

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
No, thats's my own version. Rajk's version is what the media has been serving up.

What's your version?
Media + My personal experience.

rc

Moves
12 Feb 09

Originally posted by scherzo
We've been more progressive than you Christians as a whole since our creation. You only hear about the extremely conservative Muslims, but there are over a billion of us. You're going to have to learn about us and learn to live with us.
actually my friend i used to live in Pakistan, my wife is a Pakistani national, i have learned much about Islam by observing it firsthand and in conversation with its adherents, there is a complete unwillingness to accept that it could in any sense be wrong, and not only that it is not founded on reason but indoctrination, thus when you ask a Muslim to reason they are at a complete loss, become emotional and defensive, and in many cases resort to violence. yes you exist and live, but this lack of base honesty has resulted in the enslavement of millions to a doctrine that is non nonsensical and is implemented by fear!

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
12 Feb 09

Originally posted by Rajk999
Media + My personal experience.
I didn't realise you'd been to Somalia.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Feb 09

I didn't realise you'd been to Somalia.
I dont have to go to the Serengeti to know that vultures like to eat rotting flesh of elephants. There are a few vultures here and I see them eating roadkill. So when I look at Discovery Channel and see them eating elephants I am not surprised.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
12 Feb 09

I dont have to go to the Serengeti to know that vultures like to eat rotting flesh of elephants. There are a few vultures here and I see them eating roadkill. So when I look at Discovery Channel and see them eating elephants I am not surprised.
In other words, your views on Somalia are based on the media, not personal experience.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Feb 09
2 edits

In other words, your views on Somalia are based on the media, not personal experience.
Both. Just like my view of vultures is based on personal experience + Discovery Channel.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
12 Feb 09

Both. Just like my view of vultures is based on personal experience + Discovery Channel.
But you have no experience of Somalia. So we go in circles -- like vultures. Unless you disengage from your emotional attachment to the 'Muslim genocide of Christians' story that you have constructed, you'll never begin to be able even to interpret the news.

Cape Town

Moves
12 Feb 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
i have learned much about Islam by observing it firsthand and in conversation with its adherents, there is a complete unwillingness to accept that it could in any sense be wrong, and not only that it is not founded on reason but indoctrination, thus when you ask a Muslim to reason they are at a complete loss, become emotional and defensive,
Sounds like a perfect description of the way I view you with regards to Christianity. In what ways is your behavior different from theirs?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Feb 09

But you have no experience of Somalia. So we go in circles -- like vultures. Unless you disengage from your emotional attachment to the 'Muslim genocide of Christians' story that you have constructed, you'll never begin to be able even to interpret the news.
Vultures in Somalia or in Trinidad... they eat the same rotting flesh. Whats the difference?

rc

Moves
12 Feb 09

Originally posted by twhitehead
Sounds like a perfect description of the way I view you with regards to Christianity. In what ways is your behavior different from theirs?
you are asking me to justify your views, now please it is not enough that you Borgs try to assimilate us Christians into the collective subconscious, but now you want us to justify it?

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
12 Feb 09

Vultures in Somalia or in Trinidad... they eat the same rotting flesh. Whats the difference?
Some eat dead meat, some eggs, some palm nuts -- you can't even generalise about vultures.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Feb 09

Some eat dead meat, some eggs, some palm nuts -- you can't even generalise about vultures.
I agree that there are varieties of vultures, and muslims.
I know all types. I still dont need to be physically present in Somalia to understand.

Cape Town

Moves
13 Feb 09

you are asking me to justify your views, now please it is not enough that you Borgs try to assimilate us Christians into the collective subconscious, but now you want us to justify it?
I don't understand. In what way did I ask you to justify my views? I simply asked you how your behavior differs from the behavior you were criticizing because they appear to be identical.

rc

Moves
13 Feb 09

Originally posted by twhitehead
I don't understand. In what way did I ask you to justify my views? I simply asked you how your behavior differs from the behavior you were criticizing because they appear to be identical.
you are asking me to comment on your view, your perception, to give an explanation with regard to how you perceive my behavior in relation to others, now let me ask you why i would do that, but just for the record,

would i kill someone if they did not adopt my religious views, would i kill them once they had adopted them and decided they wanted to change, would i go to other cities and give them letters of fire and sword, stating that if they did not accept my religious views then they would be destroyed, would i make it a capital offense to criticize my religious views, would i ask others to strap semtex to themselves and carry out my religious decree, promising them happiness in the afterlife if they did so, well would i?

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
13 Feb 09

you are asking me to comment on your view, your perception, to give an explanation with regard to how you perceive my behavior in relation to others, now let me ask you why i would do that, but just for the record,

would i kill someone if they did not adopt my religious views, would i kill them once they had adopted them and decided they wanted t ...[text shortened]... out my religious decree, promising them happiness in the afterlife if they did so, well would i?
You're being emotional and defensive instead of reasonable right now.

Do you accept that your religion could be wrong?