Jesus Said 'Beware of False Prophets'

Jesus Said 'Beware of False Prophets'

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
13 Apr 18

"... Im apostate." Rajk

From 2 Thessalonians 2:3
apostasia - a falling away, defection, apostasy.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Apr 18

Originally posted by @secondson
[b]"... Im apostate." Rajk

From 2 Thessalonians 2:3
apostasia - a falling away, defection, apostasy.[/b]
That passage applies properly to the modern Christians
They have fallen away from the truth preached by Christ and the apostles.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Apr 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
[b]Not interested enough to search through 20 pages of posts for the answers.

I started posting on the previous page and you responded to that post just several hours ago so I know that you've already read it and are well aware of it. I'm not surprised that you're pretending that you don't know that Jesus defined false prophets even though it's th ...[text shortened]... as for those Christians who believe it impossible for any human to no longer commit sin.[/quote][/b]
Here’s what you wrote only a few posts ago:

“It makes perfect logical sense that the only true prophets are those that no longer continue to sin.”

This is utter nonsense as Jonah defied God’s order that he preach to a group of people he disliked. If you’re trying to claim Jonah was not a “true prophet,” your argument is with Jesus Christ, Who identified Jonah as a prophet.

The rest of this post is you lashing out because I exposed the error of your thinking (and a quite elementary error it was.)

I don’t bother reading most of what you post and don’t remember that which I do read because so much of what you believe is contrary to the Bible and what Jesus said and did.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Apr 18
3 edits

Originally posted by @romans1009

“It makes perfect logical sense that the only true prophets are those that no longer continue to sin.”

This is utter nonsense as Jonah defied God’s order that he preach to a group of people he disliked. If you’re trying to claim Jonah was not a “true prophet,” your argument is with Jesus Christ, Who ident ...[text shortened]... o read because so much of what you believe is contrary to the Bible and what Jesus said and did.
I suspect that Christians dont like to hear that anyone is or can be righteous and can actually live without sin. While it is a difficult task it is humanely possible. The bible is full of descriptions of people called perfect, righteous in the sight of God and similar statements.

Jesus said:
For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them. (Matthew 13:17 KJV)
Was Jesus mistaken in calling these people righteous?

John said:
By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. (1 John 5:2-3 KJV)
Keeping the commandments makes one free of sin.
But Christians say the commandments are legalistic and Pharisaical and trying to earn ones salvation.

Like said before Christians have failed to understand many things about the teachings of Jesus and the Apostles
- the purpose of the death of Christ
- what the resurrection signifies
- What is Grace.
- how Gentiles are saved
- how Gentiles get eternal life in the Kingdom of God
- What is the New Covenant.

Everything in Christianity now is a fatalistic lackadaisical attitude to life itself...
.. Jesus did the work, I just have to believe and do nothing ..
and that is the broad road to damnation.

T

Moves
13 Apr 18

This is utter nonsense as Jonah defied God’s order that he preach to a group of people he disliked. If you’re trying to claim Jonah was not a “true prophet,” your argument is with Jesus Christ, Who ident ...[text shortened]... o read because so much of what you believe is contrary to the Bible and what Jesus said and did.

This is utter nonsense as Jonah defied God’s order that he preach to a group of people he disliked. If you’re trying to claim Jonah was not a “true prophet,” your argument is with Jesus Christ, Who identified Jonah as a prophet.

I never claimed that Jonah was not a true prophet. This is what you do. You make things up about what others post and state them as if they were fact. You're dishonest.

I don’t bother reading most of what you post and don’t remember that which I do read because so much of what you believe is contrary to the Bible and what Jesus said and did.

If you don't read most of what others post, then stop making things up about what they post and stating them as if they were fact. Stop being so dishonest. You repeatedly make claims that others "bear false witness", yet are guilty of it yourself. You're a hypocrite.

Much of what I post is the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry. No wonder you remain ignorant of what He actually said. No wonder you evidently don't understand what He preached about hypocrisy.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Apr 18
1 edit

[b]Here’s what you wrote only a few posts ago:

This is utter nonsense as Jonah defied God’s order that he preach to a group of people he disliked. If you’re trying to claim Jonah was not a “true prophet,” your argument is with Jesus Christ, Who ...[text shortened]... hat He actually said. No wonder you evidently don't understand what He preached about hypocrisy.
I was simply pointing out that the following assertion you made is false: “It makes perfect logical sense that the only true prophets are those that no longer continue to sin.”

Jonah was a prophet and Jonah sinned in disobeying God’s instruction that he preach to a group of people he disliked.

I understand you’re embarrassed at making such an elementary error and are lashing out at me for correcting you. Instead of being grateful for receiving correction, you’re angry due to your foolish and sinful pride.

Sad!

T

Moves
13 Apr 18

I was simply pointing out that the following assertion you made is false: “It makes perfect logical sense that the only true prophets are those that no longer continue to sin.”

Jonah was a prophet and Jonah sinned in disobeying God’s instruction that he preach to a group of people he disliked.

I understand you’re embarrassed at making such an eleme ...[text shortened]... ng grateful for receiving correction, you’re angry due to your foolish and sinful pride.

Sad!
The fact remains that I never claimed that Jonah was not a true prophet as you asserted. This is what you do. You make things up about what others post and state them as if they were fact. You're dishonest.

Since you don't read most of what others post, you need to stop making things up about what they post and stating them as if they were fact. Stop being so dishonest. You repeatedly make claims that others "bear false witness", yet are guilty of it yourself. You're a hypocrite.

The fact that you are unable to wrap your mind around the fact that saying that "the only true prophets are those that no longer continue to sin" is not the same thing as saying that they have never sinned. That's a failing on your part. If you remain true to form, you won't own your failing.

What's "sad" is how dishonest you've been and continue to be.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Apr 18

The fact remains that I never claimed that Jonah was not a true prophet as you asserted. This is what you do. You make things up about what others post and state them as if they were fact. You're dishonest.

Since you don't read most of what others post, you need to stop making things up about what they post and stating them as if they were fact. Stop ...[text shortened]... m, you won't own your failing.

You apparently missed the word “IF” that preceded what I wrote. I was trying to understand how you made such an elementary error and thought maybe you were claiming Jonah wasn’t a true prophet. I frankly didn’t realize your knowledge of the Bible was so superficial.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Apr 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @rajk999
[sarcasm] And stereotyping is SO "Christian". [/sarcasm]

Did Jesus teach you to stereotype and treat others as worthless?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say "No."

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Apr 18

I suspect that Christians dont like to hear that anyone is or can be righteous and can actually live without sin. While it is a difficult task it is humanely possible. The bible is full of descriptions of people called perfect, righteous in the sight of God and similar statements.

Jesus said:
For verily I say unto you, That [b]many prophets and ri ...[text shortened]... e work, I just have to believe and do nothing ..
and that is the broad road to damnation.
You remind me of a used-car salesman, selling something he would never dream of using himself.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
13 Apr 18

It applies to you.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Apr 18

Originally posted by @secondson
It applies to you.
There are many kinds of apostasy.
Accusation of apostasy is like the wind blowing.
Paul was accused of it.
The dangerous fatal kind is when a doctrine is promoted which is not from Christ.

So tell me what doctrine I have promoted which is not from Christ.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
13 Apr 18

"I am now an apostate. Apostate and proud." Rajk

Isaiah 5:20
Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

That fits you.

T

Moves
13 Apr 18

You apparently missed the word “IF” that preceded what I wrote. I was trying to understand how you made such an elementary error and thought maybe you were claiming Jonah wasn’t a true prophet. I frankly didn’t realize your knowledge of the Bible was so superficial.
Now you're dishonestly trying to pretend that all of your false assertions were qualified with the word "IF" which is a blatant lie. Rather than admit you're failing, this is the course that you continue to take. You're as dishonest as they come.

Since you don't read most of what others post, you need to stop making things up about what they post and stating them as if they were fact. Stop being so dishonest. You repeatedly make claims that others "bear false witness", yet are guilty of it yourself. You're a hypocrite.

The fact that you are unable to wrap your mind around the fact that saying that "the only true prophets are those that no longer continue to sin" is not the same thing as saying that they have never sinned. That's a failing on your part. If you remain true to form, you won't own your failing.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Apr 18

There are many kinds of apostasy.
Accusation of apostasy is like the wind blowing.
Paul was accused of it.
The dangerous fatal kind is when a doctrine is promoted which is not from Christ.

So tell me what doctrine I have promoted which is not from Christ.
"So tell me what doctrine I have promoted which is not from Christ."

No. According to you, all words are "mouth-worship". Let's go down that road, shall we?

All you do here is flap your jaw about what everyone else "should" do.

Yet what exactly do you do yourself? I'm not interested in what you "promote". According to you, that is worthless. I, like Jesus according to YOU, am interested in what you DO.

You have said Jesus doesn't want "mouth-worship". According to your own definition, this means that all of your proselytizing here means absolutely zip, nada, NOTHING. What DO you DO? ALL we've seen from you is, yes, NOTHING.

Do YOU actually "follow Jesus" as you demand everyone else here do?

Do you have ANY action to back up your words? ANY at ALL?

Or can we just blow off everything you say as more "mouth-worship"?