I’m think about dumping this forum for a while

I’m think about dumping this forum for a while

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
05 Jun 22

@kellyjay said
A cheap shot is easier, even here he is doing it.
I was tempted to turn things around and suggest that maybe we should take his side of things into account, but what I don't get is why such a fractal thousand-conceptions guy should even deign to talk to us, unless some residual hostility might be involved.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Jun 22

@kevin-eleven said
I was tempted to turn things around and suggest that maybe we should take his side of things into account, but what I don't get is why such a fractal thousand-conceptions guy should even deign to talk to us, unless some residual hostility might be involved.
I think he is still trying to justify a choice he once made.

F

Moves
05 Jun 22

@kellyjay said
You are getting no "cheap shots" from me, KellyJay.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Jun 22

@fmf said
You are getting no "cheap shots" from me, KellyJay.
From where I'm sitting, that is pretty much all you got.

F

Moves
05 Jun 22

@kellyjay said
From where I'm sitting, that is pretty much all you got.
It isn't cheap, KellyJay. It's just candid.

Moves
05 Jun 22

@kellyjay said
Maybe he just doesn't know any better. 😉

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Jun 22

@kevin-eleven said
Maybe he just doesn't know any better. 😉
Well, the only place he finds the truth is where he makes it in his head; he cannot
see beyond that, all the while criticizing others for the truth in theirs.

F

Moves
05 Jun 22

@kellyjay said
Well, the only place he finds the truth is where he makes it in his head; he cannot
see beyond that, all the while criticizing others for the truth in theirs.
Your take on "the truth" in these matters is something that is in your head, including what it is to you think you see when you think you "see beyond that".

Your disagreements with me and my disagreements with you are all functions of cognition.

There is no indication that anything supernatural is happening to either of us, despite your recitation of religious doctrines that claim there is.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Jun 22

@fmf said
Your take on "the truth" in these matters is something that is in your head, including what it is to you think you see when you think you "see beyond that".

Your disagreements with me and my disagreements with you are all functions of cognition.

There is no indication that anything supernatural is happening to either of us, despite your recitation of religious doctrines that claim there is.
No, disagreeing with what we think is arguing opinions; the truth is something no
matter what our opinions are about it. Facts don't change only our opinions on what
they are and what they mean. As it has been said to you and ignored countless
times, I can have an opinion about something and get it right; that does not change
the fact it is my opinion; if I'm wrong, that too is still an opinion.

F

Moves
05 Jun 22

@kellyjay said
No, disagreeing with what we think is arguing opinions; the truth is something no
matter what our opinions are about it. Facts don't change only our opinions on what
they are and what they mean. As it has been said to you and ignored countless
times, I can have an opinion about something and get it right; that does not change
Both of us can only speculate about what "the truth" is in these matters and all you have are your subjective opinions about what "the truth" is.

F

Moves
05 Jun 22

@kellyjay said
As it has been said to you and ignored countless
I have not been "ignoring" this rhetorical riff of yours at all. You can claim I have "ignored" it "countless times", but the weakness ~ and disingenuousness ~ of your stance is not helped one little whit by you repeating it over and over and over and over again.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Jun 22
1 edit

@fmf said
Both of us can only speculate about what "the truth" is in these matters and all you have are your subjective opinions about what "the truth" is.
Yes, you never hear me denying that, but I take it a little further, the truth can be
known, and even if all deny it, that doesn't change it. You deny anyone can know,
which is a truth statement that you cannot know is true because you are limited to
just you. You assume much but claim to know little.

F

Moves
05 Jun 22

@kellyjay said
Yes, you never hear me denying that, but I take it a little further, the truth can be
known, and even if all deny it, that doesn't change it.
We can only speculate about "the truth" to which you are referring. If you think it will be "known" to you after you die, then good for you. If having such faith gives you consolation and purpose, I am sure it is a good thing for you.

F

Moves
05 Jun 22

@kellyjay said
You deny anyone can know,
which is a truth statement that you cannot know is true because you are limited to
just you. You assume much but claim to know little.
You can't "know" whether your beliefs about supernatural things are "the truth" until you die, at which point, I suspect, you will no longer "know" anything.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
07 Jun 22

@divegeester said
The chocking casual intellectual dishonesty of people claiming to be Christians is awful to me and I’m really quite sick of its nauseating stench.

So if you want to call me…
- a heretic (sonship)
- a tare (kellyjay)
- an a@@hole (Josephw)
- demon possessed (sonship)

And because these always make me laugh…
- actual sadist (startreader )
- worse than satan (Gal ...[text shortened]... hat failure.

And let’s be clear, your version of Jesus is an utterly despotic genocidal failure.
This is terrible. It must be quite painful for you. I pray the conflict you're experiencing brings you closer to Jesus.

In comparison to Jesus everyone is an ahole. It ain't about you or me or anyone else. It's all about Jesus, and the believers eventual transformation into his image from the inside out.

Welcome to the warfare.