Islam Is Right About Women

Islam Is Right About Women

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
15 Oct 19

@philokalia said
Women scored much higher than in men in Sensitivity, Warmth, and Apprehension, while men scored higher than women in Emotional Stability, Dominance, Rule-Consciousness, and Vigilance.
Why forbid women from assuming leadership roles? So what if they are different from men? So what if the leadership they provided was imbued with different temperament and character? How is it justified that men use their control of institutional power to exclude and prevent them from being leaders?

F

Moves
15 Oct 19

@philokalia said
If you don't want to discuss the points that I have brought up which are rooted in science, then just say so. You don't have to make half a dozen embarrassingly elusive posts.
Your points "which are rooted in science" do not address my question.

F

Moves
15 Oct 19

@philokalia said
Do you have any point you want to make -- do you have any argument with any backing, or are you just going to make the same accusations over & over again, and provide tiny soundbytes & bad takes?
I'll just settle for a head-on answer to the question I have put to you.

F

Moves
15 Oct 19

If your real answer is 'Because God said so', just man-up and admit it.

S. Korea

Moves
15 Oct 19

@fmf said
Why forbid women from assuming leadership roles? So what if they are different from men? So what if the leadership they provided was imbued with different temperament and character? How is it justified that men use their control of institutional power to exclude and prevent them from being leaders?
So, this is the last response because you wasted so much time with fruitless questions and an interrogative stance that got you nowhere. I am not going to play the shell game with you and answer dozens of questions that lead nowhere.

It is clear why the characteristics of the male temperament are ideally suited for church leadership -- changelessness and doctrinal rigor are essential to passing something down indefinitely.

Just look at the last again:

Women scored much higher than in men in Sensitivity, Warmth, and Apprehension, while men scored higher than women in Emotional Stability, Dominance, Rule-Consciousness, and Vigilance.

We see how one is conducive to family life and potentially many other occupations, and the second set is perfectly suited to what is demanded of our situation.

And, at this point, I know you understand, and I just won't be bothered to be interrogated in senseless directions over it.

I'll check back in a week or two and if you have said something with a cool head that furthers discussion, I will reply.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Oct 19

@philokalia said
I'd point out that:

- The 10% overlap is extremely small. Some of the overlap will also be men overlapping with women. So, what amount of women actually overlap significantly with the male psychological profile? If it was right down the middle, it'd be 5%.

- Even given that number, the role of women as the primary caretakers of children (something recognized by sec ...[text shortened]... what?[/quote]

It's very fundamentally different and this is vital to the health of the church. ^^
Thanks so much for your overly patriarchal, parochial, narrow-minded, condescending outlook on women as anything more than concubines of men and breeders of children. Hardly surprising that the writers of the New Testament got this one so spectacularly wrong. I'm pretty sure that if Jesus had been a woman, they'd have missed his entire message as blatantly as they got this one wrong.

S. Korea

Moves
15 Oct 19

@suzianne said
Thanks so much for your overly patriarchal, parochial, narrow-minded, condescending outlook on women as anything more than concubines of men and breeders of children. Hardly surprising that the writers of the New Testament got this one so spectacularly wrong. I'm pretty sure that if Jesus had been a woman, they'd have missed his entire message as blatantly as they got this one wrong.
My view of women is that...

They are the mother of God.
https://tomperna.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/theotokos-orans.jpg

I invoke the Holy Theotokos, the Ever-Virign Mary, to save us.

I pray that the Logos flows through you and gives you the mercy & charity necessary to understand the nuance of my view and of gender complimentarianism in general. ^^ You do not have to change your mind, but respect would be nice.

Tolerance does not have to be a one-road street.

F

Moves
15 Oct 19

@philokalia said
So, this is the last response because you wasted so much time with fruitless questions and an interrogative stance that got you nowhere. I am not going to play the shell game with you and answer dozens of questions that lead nowhere.

It is clear why the characteristics of the male temperament are ideally suited for church leadership -- changelessness and doctrinal rigo ...[text shortened]... now you understand, and I just won't be bothered to be interrogated in senseless directions over it.
Yes, I get it. Men and women are different. I havent asked "dozens of questions". I've been asking just one, and it'snot "senseless". Here it is: why should women be barred from leadership roles?

F

Moves
15 Oct 19

@philokalia said
I'll check back in a week or two and if you have said something with a cool head that furthers discussion, I will reply.
My recognition that men and women are different will be waiting for you in two weeks, unchanged. And my question, still unanswered, will still be waiting for you in two weeks. This one: why should women be barred from leadership roles?

F

Moves
15 Oct 19

@philokalia said
It is clear why the characteristics of the male temperament are ideally suited for church leadership -- changelessness and doctrinal rigor are essential to passing something down indefinitely.
I get that you prefer men for the job. But what justifies the use of the institutional power, which is monopolized by men, to prevent women [who want to be involved in church leadership] from participating in things like handling doctrine and passing the faith down to future generations?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Oct 19

@philokalia said
My view of women is that...

They are the mother of God.
https://tomperna.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/theotokos-orans.jpg

I invoke the Holy Theotokos, the Ever-Virign Mary, to save us.

I pray that the Logos flows through you and gives you the mercy & charity necessary to understand the nuance of my view and of gender complimentarianism in general. ^^ You do not ...[text shortened]... to change your mind, but respect would be nice.

Tolerance does not have to be a one-road street.
I will not show respect towards anyone who shows none to my sisters.

Moves
15 Oct 19

@suzianne said
I’m sure why anyone is surprised at Philokalia’s attitudes in this thread, they guy is a blatant racist and it is of non surprise to me that he is also sexist.

Moves
15 Oct 19

@suzianne said
I will not show respect towards anyone who shows none to my sisters.
Why do you have to use the term “sisters”?

Moves
15 Oct 19

@fmf said
And my question, still unanswered, will still be waiting for you in two weeks. This one: why should women be barred from leadership roles?
Because they don’t have a penis.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Oct 19

@divegeester said
Why do you have to use the term “sisters”?
I didn't "have to".

Perhaps you meant "choose to"?