[YouTube] YouTube&feature=youtu.be[/YouTube]
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Sep '19 12:30
    @philokalia said
    Is Islam right about women?

[YouTube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMHQJ1Er8xA&feature=youtu.be[/YouTube]
    Was Paul right about women?
  3. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    20 Sep '19 13:24
    i have a missing cat,
    is islam right about that???
    her demented old uncle is running around naked
    i'm in the corner with the tombstone blues
    right wrong stuck in the middle
    paper printed with words causing a piddle
    barefoot, sandals, no you must have a shirt
    lol the things we find funny
    are dumber than dirt
  4. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    20 Sep '19 15:52
    @philokalia said
    Is Islam right about women?

[YouTube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMHQJ1Er8xA&feature=youtu.be[/YouTube]
    Very few people actually have read what the Quran writes about women .
    I have read a bit of the Quran and hadiths and can say it is a 7th century manmade misogynistic and anti-Semitic document. The Quran is dehumanizing towards women repeatedly .
    Muslims who believe in the literal interpretation of the Quran and hadiths are a danger to the freedoms we enjoy . I freely admit that , when it comes to the followers of literal Islam , I am a total Islamaphobe .
    I would feel the same of any Christian group who advocated returning to the barbaric laws of the Old Testament . The Quran is the OT on steroids .
    Read the Quran and hadiths, then realize that there are 1000's of Imams preaching from their pulpits that literal Islam MUST be followed.
    Please do not say that literal Islam is "a religion of peace" , as it only shows your having never read the Quran or hadiths .
    In my opinion, the Quran needs to be rewritten to bring it into the present real world.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Sep '19 22:25

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Sep '19 23:156 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Include Paul's breaking down in the church of social oppression based on certain customary contemporary stratifications.

"For as many as are baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

There cannot be Jew and Greek,
    there cannot be slave and free,
    there cannot be male and female;

for you are all one in Christ Jesus." (Galatians 3:27,28)

In the proper new testament church life-
    No Jew verses Greek.
    No slave verses free.
    "there cannot be MALE and FEMALE" but oneness in Christ.

No male verses female.
  7. S. Korea
    Moves
    20 Sep '19 23:53
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    (1) Aw, you see ,Islam actually advanced the case of women by forever legalistically recording them as being incapable of giving testimony that is worth that of a man and enshrining polygamy as permissable (but, of course, not bigamy).

(2) What you say might not actually be accurate. I am not sure what Islamic history provided for women upon divorce, but I know that the policy in medieval England was that women's possessions became part of their husband's possession during marriage, but reverted to her upon death/divorce. Single women were also allowed to buy & own things.

https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/manuscriptsandspecialcollections/learning/medievalwomen/theme3/propertyownership.aspx

And if you are ready to understand the social context to Muslims and be lenient concerning their cultural situation, it'd certainly be only fair to understand that the Christian tradition views men & women becoming one flesh, and therefore would view joint ownership of property with all property defaulting to the head of the household as the norm.
  8. S. Korea
    Moves
    20 Sep '19 23:55
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Yes, completely.

I affirm the fact that there should be no women Priests or Bishops -- which is the only significant distinction that actually exists.
  9. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    21 Sep '19 01:13
    Duchess , I do not ignore anything about literal Islam . I have actually read some of the Quran and hadiths and recommend you do the same . Historically , Islam had the greatest "Golden Age" of learning and science in history right up until around the 12th century when it plunged itself into the swamp of religious ignorance and never returned . You are disputing my statements about literal Islam with a reply concerning places which are clearly not followers of literal Islam . I recommend you actually read the Quran AND hadiths and not get any information from sites which lean towards being apologists . Look at the countries where apostasy , homosexuality and insulting Muhammed are currently punishable by death . This is not civilized behavior . The numbers of Muslims who support these barbaric laws number in the tens of millions . History is what once was , not what is . Maybe if Islam could have a renaissance , like the Jews ending the authority of the Sanhedrin centuries ago, things could get better and more civilized . There is a glimmer of hope for Islam , but it must change .
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Sep '19 05:202 edits

11. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Sep '19 05:343 edits

12. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    21 Sep '19 05:48
    I rely on someone who is fluent in Arabic and an ex-Muslim .
    I feel certain that if you actually read the Quran your view would change.
    My own view has changed dramatically .
    Books written by apologists for Christianity , Judaism or Islam are closer to propaganda rather than truth.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Sep '19 05:59

14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Sep '19 06:32
    Some of your neighbours have encouraged you to try classical Arabic? Your neighbours are Arabic speaking Muslims?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Sep '19 06:41
    @philokalia said
    I affirm the fact that there should be no women Priests or Bishops -- which is the only significant distinction that actually exists.
    Is it because they have vaginas?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree