1. S. Korea
    Moves
    25 Oct '19 09:55
    @fmf said
    You don't have to answer this question if you don't want to.
    Your question was a hypotehtical and superfluous.

Very short form:

The Bible has a clear position on church leadership. I suppose I could ahve converted by a female, but then looked for a church that closely follows Biblical teaching.

I could have also been converted to Christianity by a book by itself. Or, by Divegeester, and then become a Bible believing Chrisitan.

Anything can happen.
  2. S. Korea
    Moves
    25 Oct '19 09:58
    @fmf said
    You can also not address this question. It's your prerogative.
    You are either not being logical or not being clear in what you mean. I think I have actually addressed this and you are just very coherent and don't understand what I am saying or what you are asking.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Oct '19 11:02
    @philokalia said
    You are either not being logical or not being clear in what you mean. I think I have actually addressed this and you are just very coherent and don't understand what I am saying or what you are asking.
    Ok, whatever. Leave it at that then if that's the only thing you're willing to say in reply to the question.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Oct '19 11:03
    @philokalia said
    People who tend to be agreeable and warm more than rule vigilant and disagreeable will favor a therapeutic deism more than a rigid Christian (or any other religious) doctrine.

Therapeutic deism, of course, being the religious ideas which promote concepts like universal salvation or God simply living everyone regardless of whether or not they are consciously committing ...[text shortened]... t safeguarding the church doctrine and providing stern discipline for churchgoers isn't one of them.
    My last try: Does the "science" you cite suggest that women are naturally more inclined towards "some meaningless therapeutic deism" etc?
  5. S. Korea
    Moves
    25 Oct '19 11:11
    @fmf said
    My last try: Does the "science" you cite suggest that women are naturally more inclined towards "some meaningless therapeutic deism" etc?
    I'll try to keep everything short for your benefit because eveyr time I write at length you get lost:

No, the science I cited earlier listed personality traits that would clearly correlate more with therapeutic deism than rigorous, dogmatic Christian theology.
  6. S. Korea
    Moves
    25 Oct '19 11:12
    @fmf said
    Ok, whatever. Leave it at that then if that's the only thing you're willing to say in reply to the question.
    LOL, sure.

It's a totally ridiculous point you were trying to make. It's fine. Let's drop it.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Oct '19 11:471 edit
    @philokalia said
    It's a totally ridiculous point you were trying to make. It's fine. Let's drop it.
    It wasn't "ridiculous" at all. It goes to the very heart of what you believe "science" apparently tells us is "proper" [or improper] for women to be permitted to do on account of the differences between men and women.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Oct '19 11:51
    @philokalia said
    No, the science I cited earlier listed personality traits that would clearly correlate more with therapeutic deism than rigorous, dogmatic Christian theology.
    You say "No" but your answer seems to essentially be "Yes".
  9. S. Korea
    Moves
    25 Oct '19 12:10
    @fmf said
    You say "No" but your answer seems to essentially be "Yes".
    Right, there's relationships between things.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Oct '19 12:29
    @philokalia said
    Right, there's relationships between things.
    You have personally witnessed a relationship between "meaningless therapeutic deism" and women?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree