Is the Trinity Biblical?

Is the Trinity Biblical?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
17 Oct 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
please let us deal with one unreality at a time 😛
Sorry, i'll let you get on with your Biblical fairy tale debate.

rc

Moves
17 Oct 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
No, I have it downloaded on my computer; but I am not really that interested
in that subject, besides I have had to take my wife for cancer radiation
treatment every weekday and I've had a big debate going on with the JWs,
with no result l might add. I guess that is over now for they claim I have
a warped mind or some such problem that has effected my reasoning
ability.
not your reasoning ability, your ability to remain objective which will undoubtedly taint
your ability to be reasonable.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
17 Oct 11

No, I have it downloaded on my computer; but I am not really that interested
in that subject, besides I have had to take my wife for cancer radiation
treatment every weekday and I've had a big debate going on with the JWs,
with no result l might add. I guess that is over now for they claim I have
a warped mind or some such problem that has effected my reasoning
ability.
but I am not really that interested in that subject

That doesn't come as a surprise.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Oct 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
[b]but I am not really that interested in that subject

That doesn't come as a surprise.[/b]
It is best suited for the science forum because it is considered science
and creationism or intelligent design is considered religion.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
17 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
Excellent quote CP. And they (the disciples) never did that; they always baptised in the name of Jesus. This is the given name for this time "the only name by which we may be saved".

Edit: I'll go further: Jesus therefore, is the current name of the father and of the son and of the holy ghost.
They are one and the same, just as you are DG, Dive, geester etc. You can not consider one without considering the other. Also the Hebrews had many different names for God, that doesn't mean they were worshipping multitudes of gods. 🙂
I consider the Trinity to be somewhat gnostic knowledge. IMO

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Oct 11

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
They are one and the same, just as you are DG, Dive, geester etc. You can not consider one without considering the other. Also the Hebrews had many different names for God, that doesn't mean they were worshipping multitudes of gods. 🙂
I consider the Trinity to be somewhat gnostic knowledge. IMO
It is a revelation from Yahshua the Messiah.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
17 Oct 11

It is a revelation from Yahshua the Messiah.
Then you agree with Chesspraxis.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Oct 11

Originally posted by sumydid
Then you agree with Chesspraxis.
I agree with Yahshua.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
20 Oct 11

A picture is worth a thousand words:

&feature=related

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
20 Oct 11
2 edits

I agree with Yahshua.
If you agree with, and only with God... then the Trinity Doctrine would have to be extrapolated--very plainly--from the written Word.

Please cite one or more texts from the bible that unambiguously and directly support the Trinity Doctrine. If you succeed then I will be a very, very happy person. I am not pursuing this to argue; I want to learn how the Trinity Doctrine is directly supported. I have not seen it before but perhaps I missed it. However, I'm not prepared to add to God's Word and come up with the conclusion all my own; afterall, Paul said let anyone who does so be accursed.

Don't forget, my brother, that for something this serious to have to be revealed to us as some kind of revelation is not consistent with the other important teachings of the bible that make no bones about it--they are very clear. If some kind of revelation or special knowledge or intelligence is involved here then we are either talking (a) heresy, or (b) the lesser intelligent people are left out of the equation.

We are to be like faithful children, says Christ. I don't think it's even possible for a child to read the bible and come away with a Trinity Doctrine, if left on their own devices.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Oct 11
3 edits

If you agree with, and only with God... then the Trinity Doctrine would have to be extrapolated--very plainly--from the written Word.

Please cite one or more texts from the bible that unambiguously and directly support the Trinity Doctrine. If you succeed then I will be a very, very happy person. I am not pursuing this to argue; I want to learn how the hild to read the bible and come away with a Trinity Doctrine, if left on their own devices.
The closes text that comes close to what you ask for is Matthew 28:18-19.

And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given
to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the
nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the
Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded
you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

Here we have three persons combined under one name. This one name
refers to the name of God. There are other verses that establish that
the Father is God, and the Son is God, and that the Holy Spirit is God.
Other texts make it clear that they are persons and different persons.
The Father is not the Son or the Holy Spirit, etc.

P.S. Yet, the text is clear there is only ONE God.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
20 Oct 11

Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I h ...[text shortened]... that they are persons and different persons.
The Father is not the Son or the Holy Spirit, etc.
that's nothing at all even close to describing a trinity. those are three different individuals, not three different 'persons' of one individual.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Oct 11

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
that's nothing at all even close to describing a trinity. those are three different individuals, not three different 'persons' of one individual.
I already know you are too ignorant to understand anything spiritual
so there is no point in me trying to explain it to you. It is way over
your head.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Oct 11

Please cite one or more texts from the bible that unambiguously and directly support the Trinity Doctrine. If you succeed then I will be a very, very happy person. I am not pursuing this to argue; I want to learn how the ...[text shortened]... hild to read the bible and come away with a Trinity Doctrine, if left on their own devices.
This is probably the closest and even so its not on the button :

1John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

By the way I dont believe in the doctrine of the Trinity.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
20 Oct 11
1 edit

Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I h ...[text shortened]... r is not the Son or the Holy Spirit, etc.

P.S. Yet, the text is clear there is only ONE God.
I have to agree (generally) with VS on this one. I see it the other way. I see Jesus clearly naming 3 separate entities. From the very beginning of the bible; God and Holy Spirit were treated as separate entities. While God created the universe, the Holy Spirit hovered over the surface of the waters. That's the 2nd verse straight out of the gate.

I tell you... something in the back of my mind is warning me that the Trinity Doctrine was drummed up in the early days of the Church, in order to conveniently dodge what might be seen as inconsistencies in the bible.

Again, and your verse helps me understand it to an even greater degree. The bible just isn't crystal clear on the Trinity Doctrine.

Now I will say this, and I think it's pretty obvious. The Trinity Doctrine if true or if untrue, is not a necessary component in justification.

Therefore, I do not fear being unjustified if I fail to adhere to the doctrine, and I do not feel compelled to spend the necessary years getting to the bottom of it.

The primary teachings of the bible as relates to justification are simple enough for a child to understand. The rest is secondary and beyond.

It would be NICE, if I knew the absolute truth absolutely, but, since the bible isn't crystal clear on it, I am certain I will never change my conclusion. If God intends otherwise, then things will undoubtedly change. But His intervention is the only way I see it happening.

Grace and peace to you my beloved brother in Christ!!!!