"Is Hell Forever?"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 Jul 15

Originally posted by googlefudge
"Use your own words when talking to me, or don't speak at all." Okay, googlefudge, we'll do it your way.

Thankyou.

[quote]Let's presuppose that GB is dead wrong in believing that there is a supernatural deity comprised of three distinct persons who share identical characteristics and attributes: What have I put at risk? What have I l ...[text shortened]... convince me you will listen this time and I will tell you.

Otherwise you are no-longer worth it.
Originally posted by googlefudge
"Question: What if gf is dead wrong? Then what?

Same answer as before, convince me you will listen this time and I will tell you.

Otherwise you are no-longer worth it."

You have my undivided attention. To repeat: "What if gf is dead wrong?"

ENGLAND

Moves
29 Jul 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
My sole responsibility as a believer in Christ on this forum is to provide accurate information as opportunities present themselves.
RJHinds says exactly the same thing, so do you agree with everything he posts?

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
29 Jul 15
1 edit

Simply extending the courtesy of a prompt on topic reply to a person whose eternal destiny I care about.
You avoided my very simple question: Would you seriously consider my admonition if I quoted to you verses from the Quran or the Book of Mormon, even if I seriously and "caring" submit them to you?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 Jul 15
1 edit

Originally posted by CalJust
You avoided my very simple question: [b] Would you seriously consider my admonition if I quoted to you verses from the Quran or the Book of Mormon, even if I seriously and "caring" submit them to you?[/b]
No. Neither is an authoritative source of absolute truth.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 Jul 15

Originally posted by divegeester
RJHinds says exactly the same thing, so do you agree with everything he posts?
"... let's harness our emotions in order to promote civility with tolerance of opposing points of view. Please feel free to comment and ask relevant questions at will." (OP)

This thread's topic is the Lake of Fire not personal comparisons which are odious and reflect spiritual immaturity. Priority #1 for all believers in Christ is to grow in grace in order to acquire the Mind of Christ and to become preoccupied with Him not with other people. To the extent that contributors to this forum state accurate biblical information I not only agree with but also often learn from them.

ENGLAND

Moves
29 Jul 15

This thread's topic is the Lake of Fire not personal comparisons which are odious and reflect spiritual immaturity.
I'm questioning your claim that you only present information which is accurate. It may be accurate based on your own beliefs but you cannot state categorically that everything you right is correct, can you?

It is also interesting that you find this simple challenge deserves yet another little jab at me -- "odious and immature"

c

Moves
29 Jul 15

I'm questioning your claim that you only present information which is accurate. It may be accurate based on your own beliefs but you cannot state categorically that everything you right is correct, can you?

It is also interesting that you find this simple challenge deserves yet another little jab at me -- "odious and immature"
The dilemma here: GB thinks he is correct. Hinds thinks he is correct. Robbie thinks he is correct. Kelley Jay thinks he is correct. Sonship thinks he is correct. Rak thinks he is correct.

It is no wonder that atheists stumble upon these forums and laugh. How can our 'God' give us all His 'word' and have all of us blindly thinking that only we posses the 'truth'.

It really begs many questions.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 Jul 15

Originally posted by chaney3
The dilemma here: GB thinks he is correct. Hinds thinks he is correct. Robbie thinks he is correct. Kelley Jay thinks he is correct. Sonship thinks he is correct. Rak thinks he is correct.

It is no wonder that atheists stumble upon these forums and laugh. How can our 'God' give us all His 'word' and have all of us blindly thinking that only we posses the 'truth'.

It really begs many questions.
All contributors to this forum are "correct" to the extent that their words reflect absolute truths revealed in the Word of God.

c

Moves
29 Jul 15

All contributors to this forum are "correct" to the extent that their words reflect absolute truths revealed in the Word of God.
Not true GB. I have read numerous posts from all contributors. All of them have different 'interpretations' of the Bible. All of you cannot be correct. You say to get a pastor, and I say, that maybe the pastor is an idiot. All doctrines and beliefs cannot be true at the same time GB.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 Jul 15
1 edit

My "beliefs" are based on biblical truth I've been taught by pastors from the original languages in which it was written (with isagogics, categories and exegesis line upon line and precept upon precept). Each new day lingering questions are answered while new ones take center stage. Learning is a process not an event; unlearning is often required. Whenever I've posted erroneous information since July, 2007, it's been corrected as soon as I became aware of it. Please remain on topic rather than focusing on personal comparisons. Thanks.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 Jul 15

Not true GB. I have read numerous posts from all contributors. All of them have different 'interpretations' of the Bible. All of you cannot be correct. You say to get a pastor, and I say, that maybe the pastor is an idiot. All doctrines and beliefs cannot be true at the same time GB.
As always, I respect your right to disagree.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
29 Jul 15

"For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil." -- Hebrews 5:12-14

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
29 Jul 15
2 edits

No. Neither is an authoritative source of absolute truth.
Good answer.

Now put yourself in the shoes of any atheist (Googlefudge for example). They will (and have!) quote exactly those same words to you.

Will you allow them the same right as you assume for yourself, i.e. deciding what is and what is not an authoritative source of absolute truth ?

Simple yes or no will suffice.

Btw, to come back to your previous post, nobody is questioning your intentions or your integrity, merely your effectiveness and the results of your good intentions.

And, specifically, if after you told me that you do NOT accept the BoM or the Quran as authoritative, I CONTINUED, in spite of your protestations, to quote these as my source of authority and Truth?

How would you feel then?

Simple answer would be much appreciated. We may be making some progress here.

ENGLAND

Moves
29 Jul 15

My "beliefs" are based on biblical truth I've been taught by pastors from the original languages in which it was written (with isagogics, categories and exegesis line upon line and precept upon precept). Each new day lingering questions are answered while new ones take center stage. Learning is a process not an event; unlearning is often required. Whene ...[text shortened]... became aware of it. Please remain on topic rather than focusing on personal comparisons. Thanks.
OK if you say you are in a learning process; let me put it another way; can you name one spiritual matter about which you have been stating here at RHP that it was the truth, and which you discovered was incorrect?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 Jul 15

Good answer.

Now put yourself in the shoes of any atheist (Googlefudge for example). They will (and have!) quote exactly those same words to you.

Will you allow them the same right as you assume for yourself, i.e. deciding what is and what is not an authoritative source of absolute truth ?

Btw, to come back to ...[text shortened]... ould you feel then?

Simple answer would be much appreciated. We may be making some progress here.
"Good answer.

Will you allow them the same right as you assume for yourself, i.e. deciding what is and what is not an authoritative source of absolute truth ? [Of course, "yes". Nobody has any right whatsoever to coerce another human beings volitional choice.]

Btw, to come back to your previous post, nobody is questioning your intentions or your integrity, merely your effectiveness and the results of your good intentions.

And, specifically, if after you told me that you do NOT accept the BoM or the Quran as authoritative, I CONTINUED, in spite of your protestations, to quote these as my source of authority and Truth? [Of course. You're a free agent who realizes that decisions have consequences]

How would you feel then? [My emotional cluster is uninvolved with this or any other rational discussion.

Simple answer would be much appreciated. We may be making some progress here." [Cool. lol]