1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 07:551 edit
    @rbhill said
    Maybe??
    2 Chronicles 7:13-15 New International Version (NIV)

13 “When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, 14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin ...[text shortened]... their land. 15 Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place.
    As a Christian myself, the problem I have with other Christians quoting scriptures like this, is why does an invisible and ostensibly absent (from the perspective of unbelievers) God need to be so angry all the time?

Why does God need to demonstrate his disappointment with his children by what is perceived as physical abuse?

Why not do something wonderful in the presence of this generation?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 07:59
    @eladar said
    @Suzianne

You rambled on about your belief, you did not call him out except in your own mind.

There, I put you in your place. Or did I just vent my opinion?
    Why not address FMF’s post just above the one I am replying to?

Why do posters like you and whodey, run and dodge debate as soon as you feel your underpants slipping down?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 08:00
    @suzianne said
    I can only speak my mind and highlight my dissent.
    You should consider doing this more while the protagonist is still alive.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 08:29
    @suzianne said
    What he was claiming was rather obviously untrue. And he was twisting words and failing logic in his presentation. Any connection he was making was in his own mind. However, all my previous attempts to "school" him have fallen on deaf ears. I can only speak my mind and highlight my dissent. It's up to him to consider how his ignorance informs his own conscience, and make the requisite changes. I'm neither his mentor nor his teacher.
    So, no. You didn't call him out for the "untrue" thing he said about the pandemic from his Christian point of view, right? You chose to NOT express your dissent about the main nature-of-the-Christian-God thing he was suggesting? Just to be clear.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 08:35
    @suzianne said
    Your argument style needs work. You naysay everything said to you with a mere, "nevermind all that you just said, why didn't you punish him?" Punishing him was not my intent. You confront him if you want nothing more than punitive action.
    I wasn't asking you to "punish" him. This is a debate and discussion forum. By declining to stand up to whodey and instead simply quibbling his terminology, what have you contributed to this debate? Nobody asked you to "punish" anyone.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 08:38
    @suzianne said
    It's up to him to consider how his ignorance informs his own conscience, and make the requisite changes. I'm neither his mentor nor his teacher.
    Are you waiting until whodey dies before you confront him over his suggestion about the link between abortion and the pandemic? Is that it?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 08:54
    @suzianne said
    I'm neither his mentor nor his teacher.Your argument style needs work.
    What reason do you have for addressing around 75%-80% of your Spirituality Form posts to me?
  8. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    25 Mar '20 16:32
    OK it's been said God works in mysterious ways..So that's why we don't understand why he has this virus going on...
  9. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    25 Mar '20 17:11
    @ogb said
    OK it's been said God works in mysterious ways..So that's why we don't understand why he has this virus going on...
    this is the same logic i used on the judge when i told him i nailed his wife

funny
    didn't work for me
  10. Joined
    30 Mar '20
    Moves
    31 Mar '20 00:041 edit
    @ogb
    No, I believe God is suffering with us when we suffer. Maybe reflect on the animal's suffering- chickens and cows do care for their young and how many of them suffer in this world, yet their suffering goes unnoticed. I would choose a chicken over a Sociopath any day. Cutting meat and dairy foods out of your diet and being sexually abstinent helps you become more spiritually aware.
  11. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    31 Mar '20 00:24
    @yellowstar00 said
    @ogb
    No, I believe God is suffering with us when we suffer. Maybe reflect on the animal's suffering- chickens and cows do care for their young and how many of them suffer in this world, yet their suffering goes unnoticed. I would choose a chicken over a Sociopath any day. Cutting meat and dairy foods out of your diet and being sexually abstinent helps you become more spiritually aware.
    But what if the chicken is a sociopath?! You don't know.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Mar '20 01:52
    @yellowstar00 said
    @ogb
    Hi mister moggie.
  13. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    31 Mar '20 04:29
    if God is mad at us, and sent this C-19 to cause havoc, at least he could do is let us know what we did wrong
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Mar '20 04:53
    @ogb said
    if God is mad at us, and sent this C-19 to cause havoc, at least he could do is let us know what we did wrong
    If the "God" figure you are speculating about is the Christian one - as depicted here by the likes of sonship and KellyJay - then, rather than it being a case of "what we did wrong" [...we are apparently unbelievably "evil and wicked" after all], it is instead a case of 'whatever God does is good', which means the deaths are good, the virus is good, the fear and the stress and the grief are good, the consequences are all good, and the mood of the "God" is in is irrelevant. He is simply 'doing good'. Apparently.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Mar '20 07:25
    @ogb said
    He sent KellyJay to tell us that we were wrong, how evil we all are to be wrong, how evil he is to be wrong and how RIGHT his version of God would to burn every single one of us alive for eternity starting right now. That’s how wrong and bad and evil we all are and it is his version of god’s holy and good nature that makes him need to do this.

KellyJay then went on to tell us how much his version of god loved us.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree