1. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    19 Mar '20 06:141 edit
    @fmf said
    Local and central governments play a key role in limiting the number of people who die in situations like this.
    If you are 65 or older in California you are under House Arrest and are not allowed to go outside ! That is against my Constitutional rights to freedom ! Yes, I'll notify the NRA right away !
  2. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    19 Mar '20 07:22
    @ogb said
    If you are 65 or older in California you are under House Arrest and are not allowed to go outside ! That is against my Constitutional rights to freedom ! Yes, I'll notify the NRA right away !
    So, first of all, “House Arrest” is a legal term. It generally applies to persons who have been ordered by the courts to remain home or face higher levels of restraint. Most of the time such persons are monitored for compliance by a probation officer or an electronic device that cannot easily be removed—an ankle bracelet. This is not the case with the recommendation that the officials in any US state are making currently in light of the C-19 situation for persons age 65 or older.

Even if it were true, what do you think the enforcement of such a mandate would be? Send the senior citizen police to round up anyone with x-amount of grey hair or using walkers to get around? Where would they put them? Jail? In senior homes where a great number of cases have already originated? Do you think there are enough armed guardS that would scare these people? Please!!! I just left a small town in Germany where I watched the streets become increasingly empty except for the elder population who were just going about their every day lives. Most of them just didn’t seem to care and nobody was urging them home...because why?...they’re grandma and grandpa...one does not tell them what to do.

Put your guns away, Jed...nobody’s threatening you.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '20 08:51
    @eladar said
    You are a moron.
    This is not a good card for you to play every time you are caught with your intellectual underpants at your ankles.
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    19 Mar '20 12:11
    @ogb said
    OK so has God sent Corona Virus to reek havoc on us...?
    Maybe??
    2 Chronicles 7:13-15 New International Version (NIV)

13 “When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, 14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 15 Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '20 12:27
    @divegeester said
    This is not a good card for you to play every time you are caught with your intellectual underpants at your ankles.
    If you think this is the case yoir IQ can be no more than 65.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Mar '20 15:19
    @rbhill said
    Maybe??
    2 Chronicles 7:13-15 New International Version (NIV)

13 “When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, 14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin ...[text shortened]... their land. 15 Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place.
    Are you going to follow that advice?
  7. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    19 Mar '20 19:58
    @fmf said
    @eladar said
    There are those who believe Trump was appointed by Go
    If God ran against Trump for President, I'd vote for him...(God)..
  8. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    19 Mar '20 22:22
    @ogb said
    If God ran against Trump for President, I'd vote for him...(God)..
    YouTube
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '20 00:27
    @eladar said
    There are those who believe Trump was appointed by God.
    Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. (Romans 13:1)

Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient. (Titus 3:1)
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '20 02:43
    Here's a Christian viewpoint from a poster on this site [my paraphrasing]:

'Perhaps the reason corona is here devastating large Progressive cities is because of some 50 million murdered infants since Roe vs. Wade?'

How many of his fellow Christians subscribe to this religious 'analysis'?
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Mar '20 05:10
    @fmf said
    Here's a Christian viewpoint from a poster on this site [my paraphrasing]:

'Perhaps the reason corona is here devastating large Progressive cities is because of some 50 million murdered infants since Roe vs. Wade?'

How many of his fellow Christians subscribe to this religious 'analysis'?
    I called him out at the source for using the politically-fueled, yet incorrect, "murdered infants" fear tactic.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '20 05:161 edit
    @Suzianne

You rambled on about your belief, you did not call him out except in your own mind.

There, I put you in your place. Or did I just vent my opinion?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Mar '20 06:08
    @suzianne said
    I called him out at the source for using the politically-fueled, yet incorrect, "murdered infants" fear tactic.
    Quibbling his terminology aside, did you call him out for the broader thing he was claiming about the link between abortion and the pandemic?
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 06:53
    @fmf said
    Quibbling his terminology aside, did you call him out for the broader thing he was claiming about the link between abortion and the pandemic?
    What he was claiming was rather obviously untrue. And he was twisting words and failing logic in his presentation. Any connection he was making was in his own mind. However, all my previous attempts to "school" him have fallen on deaf ears. I can only speak my mind and highlight my dissent. It's up to him to consider how his ignorance informs his own conscience, and make the requisite changes. I'm neither his mentor nor his teacher.

Your argument style needs work. You naysay everything said to you with a mere, "nevermind all that you just said, why didn't you punish him?" Punishing him was not my intent. You confront him if you want nothing more than punitive action.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 06:55
    @eladar said
    @Suzianne

You rambled on about your belief, you did not call him out except in your own mind.

There, I put you in your place. Or did I just vent my opinion?
    Comparing what you say to what I said is not exactly a persuasive argument.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree