Provide the reference.
    Look it up.
    You are the thumper here.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 12:55
    @galveston75 said
    Rev 22:18 “I am bearing witness to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone makes an addition to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this scroll
    19 and if anyone takes anything away from the words of the scroll of this prophecy, God will take his portion away from the trees of life and out of the holy city things that are written about in this scroll."
    Ok thanks for replying.

Firstly what you have cited is the bible referencing itself as it’s own authority. Surely you have been here long enough to realise that that is not evidence by any standard?

Secondly, and notwithstanding my firstly, how do you know that text is not just referring to the book of revelation?
  3. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 12:57
    @caissad4 said
    Look it up.
    You are the thumper here.
    I don't have to look it up. I know the reference you referred to.

You are mistaken. Your assertion is flawed. Your logic fails. Your argument is fallacious.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 17:24
    @dj2becker said
    Which pastors exactly?
    Sonship and Second Son.,
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 17:24
    @secondson said
    I don't have to look it up. I know the reference you referred to.

You are mistaken. Your assertion is flawed. Your logic fails. Your argument is fallacious.
    For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.
    (Matthew 16:27-28 KJV)
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 17:271 edit
    @divegeester said
    Ok thanks for replying.

Firstly what you have cited is the bible referencing itself as it’s own authority. Surely you have been here long enough to realise that that is not evidence by any standard?

Secondly, and notwithstanding my firstly, how do you know that text is not just referring to the book of revelation?
    That reference refers to the book of Revelation only. In those days the bible was simply a collection of scrolls which made up the Septuagint and it contained several books not in the current KJV. Therefore whoever removed these books are in for a serious punishment.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 18:31
    @divegeester said
    Ok thanks for replying.

Not going to waist my time on you..... Sorry dude. You've used all that up.
  8. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 20:20
    @executioner-brand said
    They still remain fixed in a 2000 year old book.
    What does the age of the book have to do with anything?
  9. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    10 Jun '19 01:08
    @rajk999 said
    For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.
    (Matthew 16:27-28 KJV)
    Jesus was talking about His resurrection. Otherwise you're in the same boat with caissad and calling Jesus a liar.

Like divegeester your logic is flawed. If Jesus was talking about the event of His second coming, then why are all His disciples dead and gone?

Is Jesus a liar? You don't understand your Bible because, like divegeester and others everywhere like you and him, don't interpret what they read in light of the context in which the verses they cherrypick to support their own preconceived theological viewpoints appear.

Pretenders who never really read or study their bibles.
  10. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    10 Jun '19 01:10
    @deepthought said
    It's an irrational attempt to discredit the Bible and Christianity.
  11. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    10 Jun '19 01:14
    @rajk999 said
    That reference refers to the book of Revelation only. In those days the bible was simply a collection of scrolls which made up the Septuagint and it contained several books not in the current KJV. Therefore whoever removed these books are in for a serious punishment.
    You're in for some serious punishment if you add anything to the scriptures.

I bet you have no idea how or when or where or why the Septuagint came into existence.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jun '19 10:40
    @secondson said
    Jesus was talking about His resurrection. Otherwise you're in the same boat with caissad and calling Jesus a liar.

Like divegeester your logic is flawed. If Jesus was talking about the event of His second coming, then why are all His disciples dead and gone?

Is Jesus a liar? You don't understand your Bible because, like divegeester and others everywhere like you and h ...[text shortened]... econceived theological viewpoints appear.

Pretenders who never really read or study their bibles.
    I offered absolutely no explanation or interpretation.

The only thing that is flawed is your ability to read.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jun '19 10:491 edit
    @secondson said
    You're in for some serious punishment if you add anything to the scriptures.

I bet you have no idea how or when or where or why the Septuagint came into existence.
    You just added that Jesus was speaking about His resurrection in Matt 16 : 27-28.
    That is not in the bible. You are therefore in for some serious punishment.
    Not interested in your infantile bet about who knows more.
    Go do that with your church buddies.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jun '19 12:331 edit
    @deepthought said
    If I sat down now and wrote a biography and religious manifesto based on folktales about the supposed events and statements during the life of some sort of mystic or holy man who'd lived in, say, Uzbekistan in the late 1970s, who'd not written a single word and about whom nothing was written while he was alive, and I'd never met him, and probably never met anyone who'd met him, and there was no internet, no books about him, no TV clips, no newspapers, and the Soviet Union had no information about him, and the Ubeki regional government had no information about him, but I just went ahead and wrote about him anyway, and the final version of my book would not be nailed down until roughly the year 2320, having passed through the hands of countless unknown persons with a vested interest in the cult of personality my book was going to be based on and that they were constructing and that was being interwoven with political interests and power, wouldn't that 40 year difference in age between the age of the events in question and the age of my written version of those events, and then the 300+ age difference between the age of my written version of those events and the age of when the final version of the accounts of that life was finally decided by those who had cammandeered it and controlled it, wouldn't all that have something to do with anything [as you put it]? Sorry for the long sentence.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jun '19 12:44
    @galveston75 said
    Rev 22:18 “I am bearing witness to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone makes an addition to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this scroll
    19 and if anyone takes anything away from the words of the scroll of this prophecy, God will take his portion away from the trees of life and out of the holy city things that are written about in this scroll."
    You've got some rather large huevos posting this bit in this forum.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree