1. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jun '19 17:371 edit
    They still remain fixed in a 2000 year old book.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Jun '19 18:37
    @executioner-brand said
    Have you read anything from Newton and a few other Christians. The scriptures remain the same as written there is no need to change them. Yet its foolishness to suggest Christianity has not made major contributions to humanity from schools, hospitals, arts and so on.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Jun '19 20:56
    @executioner-brand said
    That is certainly not true. Jesus started off His preaching telling people to do good works and live righteously to get eternal life. Now pastors preach just proclaim that you believe, sit back and you are in. I would say that there is advancement.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jun '19 22:07
    @executioner-brand said
    Its younger than your DNA.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jun '19 22:08
    @kellyjay said
    Have you read anything from Newton and a few other Christians.
    I’ve read stuff by “a few other Christians”, very informative.
  6. S. Korea
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 01:09
    @executioner-brand said
    ... Are you suggesting that the Gospels need to advance, and that Christ revealed something less than perfect to the people?

This could only appeal to other anti-Christians.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 05:082 edits
    @Executioner-Brand

The Bible has been sorely tested by time.
    It has been demonstrated as timeless and enduring through the centuries.

Behind the Bible is the ever living God, its Author.

Should another 2,000 pass it will still stand.

"Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away." (Matt. 24:35)
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 09:33
    @sonship

Purely for distraction purposes; how do we know that the actual Bible is the complete, the exclusive, the unadulterated and the divinely inspired word of God?
  9. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 11:48
    @sonship said
    @Executioner-Brand

The Bible has been sorely tested by time.
    It has been demonstrated as timeless and enduring through the centuries.
    "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away." (Matt. 24:35)
    Didn't Jesus guy say that some of his disciples would be alive to see his return ?
    Oh wait, he DID !
    Has anybody seen any 2000 year old people wandering the Middle East or anywhere else on the planet ??
    Jesus guy wouldn't lie, so where are they ?
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 12:04
    @divegeester said
    @sonship

Purely for distraction purposes; how do we know that the actual Bible is the complete, the exclusive, the unadulterated and the divinely inspired word of God?
    Rev 22:18 “I am bearing witness to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone makes an addition to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this scroll
    19 and if anyone takes anything away from the words of the scroll of this prophecy, God will take his portion away from the trees of life and out of the holy city things that are written about in this scroll."
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 12:105 edits
    @caissad4

Didn't Jesus guy say that some of his disciples would be alive to see his return ?
    Oh wait, he DID !

Where ? I mean, the original 12 promised to be alive when He returns.

Seems to me that He gave them heads up that some of them would be killed in the interim. (See Matthew chapter 24).

You never actually READ the New Testament, do you ?
    It is no wonder that you remain suspicious what you're told because you never really go there to read for YOURSELF.

Matthew 16:28 says some standing there would be alive to see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom. It doesn't say some alive would be there to see His second coming.

His "coming in His kingdom" was the event of His transfiguration on the mountain immediately following this promise in Matthew 16:28 - Matthew 17:1.

Some people read "coming in His kingdom" but insert with their mind "second coming".

His coming in His kingdom is the glorious transfiguration that revealed the hidden divine nature concealed within Him. Briefly in the next chapter three disciples WITNESSED this aspect of the kingdom of God - the splendid, visible, transfiguration of divine glory in a man.

And after six days Jesus takes with Him Peter and James and John his brother, and brings them up into a high mountain. And He was transfigured before them, and His face shone as the sun, and His garments became white as the light.

- a little preview of the coming kingdom age.
  12. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 12:18
    @executioner-brand said
    You should ask FMF whether or not you've encountered obstacles to sources of information rendering you filled with illusory knowledge.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 12:222 edits
    @divegeester

Purely for distraction purposes; how do we know that the actual Bible is the complete,

What else do you need?
    That would be my first reaction.

Do you need a chapter telling you what is on the dark side of the moon, or what? Do you need a chapter telling you why you should fasten your car seat-belt when driving tonight?

Sure, I'm curious about stuff too. What else do we need?
    Sixty six books which close saying no one had better add to His words.

Do you need more? What are we doing with what we HAVE?

the exclusive, the unadulterated and the divinely inspired word of God?

Well, I think to get started walking with God, He will impress upon your heart the things which you need to give immediate heed to.

Behind the book is the living God. And as He reveals, you believe and obey that much. That is adequate to begin an relationship with the living God.

My confidence was gained that the whole revelation was reliable because as I obeyed the so much God put before me in small stages, I found Him to be faithful. I became persuaded that I am on the right track to believe the entire Bible.

It was a process with me, as I have mentioned before.
    Jesus took Genesis and the five books of Moses seriously.
    I trust that if it was good for Jesus, it is good.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 12:31
    @rajk999 said
    That is certainly not true. Jesus started off His preaching telling people to do good works and live righteously to get eternal life. Now pastors preach just proclaim that you believe, sit back and you are in. I would say that there is advancement.
    Which pastors exactly?
  15. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 12:43
    @caissad4 said
    Provide the reference.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree