1. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    10 Jun '19 13:38
    @rajk999 said
    I offered absolutely no explanation or interpretation.

The only thing that is flawed is your ability to read.
    Your ability to post a coherent and rational discourse is flawed.

Instead of addressing the points made you default to deflection and criticism.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jun '19 13:521 edit
    @secondson said
    Your ability to post a coherent and rational discourse is flawed.

Instead of addressing the points made you default to deflection and criticism.
    Your post that Jesus was referring to his resurrection is really a coherent and rational discourse... lol.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jun '19 14:53
    @galveston75 said
    Rev 22:18 “I am bearing witness to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone makes an addition to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this scroll
    19 and if anyone takes anything away from the words of the scroll of this prophecy, God will take his portion away from the trees of life and out of the holy city things that are written about in this scroll."
    Regarding the 144,000 in Revelation. You have removed the Jews, the 12 tribes listed by name, and crookedly inserted yourselves. That is both adding and subtracting. That's a double curse.
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 Jun '19 18:041 edit
    @rajk999 said
    Sonship and Second Son.,
    Didn’t know they were pastors. Could you provide the reference for your claim? I would like to read it for myself as I have an feeling that you are projecting.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jun '19 18:29
    @dj2becker said
    Didn’t know they were pastors. Could you provide the reference for your claim? I would like to read it for myself as I have an feeling that you are projecting.
    No.
  6. S. Korea
    Moves
    10 Jun '19 23:13
    @fmf said
    If I sat down now and wrote a biography and religious manifesto based on folktales about the supposed events and statements during the life of some sort of mystic or holy man who'd lived in, say, Uzbekistan in the late 1970s, who'd not written a single word and about whom nothing was written while he was alive, and I'd never met him, and probably never met anyone who'd met him, a ...[text shortened]... , wouldn't all that have something to do with anything [as you put it]? Sorry for the long sentence.
    But it wasn't three hundred years between when the final account was decided.

Just like at very early saints like St. Ignatius and you'll see Orthodoxy right there.

You are acting like all of these accounts actually had real standing.

They didn't.

That's why the significant early controversies primarily dealt with Arianism and not anything significantly absurd.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '19 04:05
    @philokalia said
    But it wasn't three hundred years between when the final account was decided.
    From when Paul and others did their stuff and the final decision was made about what was to be canonized by corporate Christianity, yes it was more or less 300 years. And no complete or intact manuscripts survive from when St. Ignatius was alive. It would seem you are going to use this relatively minor disagreement between us [about just one sub-strand of my post] to simply sidestep the main thrust and implication of what I wrote. That is your prerogative.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 04:22
    @galveston75 said
    Not going to waist my time on you..... Sorry dude. You've used all that up.
    It’s ok, you can just dodge my question without making up lame excuses like this one.
  9. S. Korea
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 06:57
    @fmf said
    From when Paul and others did their stuff and the final decision was made about what was to be canonized by corporate Christianity, yes it was more or less 300 years. And no complete or intact manuscripts survive from when St. Ignatius was alive. It would seem you are going to use this relatively minor disagreement between us [about just one sub-strand of my post] to simply sidestep the main thrust and implication of what I wrote. That is your prerogative.
    Every single source will tell you about how the Pauline Epistles and the Four Gospels we have today were being quoted from extensively from Avaricum to Abyssinia, and the charactierstics of the texts that were not accepted were that they were largely regional and widely recognized by centers of orthodoxy as erroneous.

But if you want to take your time to a deep dive on some heretical text and its large influence, I'll join you.

It'd be fascinating.

Let's get scholarly, m8.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 07:03
    @philokalia said
    Every single source will tell you about how the Pauline Epistles and the Four Gospels we have today were being quoted from extensively from Avaricum to Abyssinia, and the charactierstics of the texts that were not accepted were that they were largely regional and widely recognized by centers of orthodoxy as erroneous.
    It seems the point I was making in my post about 'a mystic in the late 1970s' went over your head.
  11. S. Korea
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 07:07
    @fmf said
    It seems the point I was making in my post about 'a mystic in the late 1970s' went over your head.
    Oh?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree