I might be realizing I'm a deist

I might be realizing I'm a deist

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
13 Mar 19

@darfius said
Deists are just atheists who feel uncomfortable looking as stupid as they do saying that everything came from nothing.
I came from nothing.

In fact, we were so poor we had to have my brother made in China.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Mar 19

@whodey

Your brother made in China ?

That's a real knee slapper whodey.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Mar 19

@Darfius

Deists are just atheists who feel uncomfortable looking as stupid as they do saying that everything came from nothing.

A new apologist?
You'll be tested.

What are you an apologist concerning? I don't want to assume anything.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Mar 19

I thought maybe they just lack a belief in atheism.

The Apologist

Moves
13 Mar 19

@sonship said
@Darfius

A new apologist?
You'll be tested.

I'm Christian. I used to debate here back in the day. Thought I'd check out the old stomping grounds.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
13 Mar 19

Thread 22332

w

Moves
13 Mar 19

@sonship said
@Darfius

A new apologist?
You'll be tested.

Not to brag, but I'm the best at being an apologist.

In fact, I'm really, really, really, really reeeeeeeeally sorry.

How's that?

The Apologist

Moves
13 Mar 19

@divegeester said
Thread 22332
Good times. How did you find that? Do I have to tediously click the old page numbers until I find older posts or is there a faster way?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
13 Mar 19

@darfius said
Nobody in this forum believes everything came from nothing. (Including the atheists). Don't be silly.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
13 Mar 19

@darfius said
Good times. How did you find that? Do I have to tediously click the old page numbers until I find older posts or is there a faster way?
The forum search engine has been dismantled by Russ due to something-or-other to do with ambient buffering of the Java client protocols being compromised by the advanced SCSI interface.

The Apologist

Moves
13 Mar 19

@divegeester said
The forum search engine has been dismantled by Russ due to something-or-other to do with ambient buffering of the Java client protocols being compromised by the advanced SCSI interface.
I don't understand this, but I appreciate the response.

The Apologist

Moves
13 Mar 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Nobody in this forum believes everything came from nothing. (Including the atheists). Don't be silly.
Ah, so you believe that there had to have been an eternal Creator to explain existence, too?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
13 Mar 19

@darfius said
Ah, so you believe that there had to have been an eternal Creator to explain existence, too?
No. I believe the universe has always existed, in one form or another.

No need for your sky God.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Mar 19

@divegeester said
That doesn't exactly answer his question, does it?

The Apologist

Moves
13 Mar 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
No. I believe the universe has always existed, in one form or another.

No need for your sky God.
You speak of 'the universe' as if it is a single entity rather than our label for the sum totality of objects which exist. Which of these objects do you propose has existed "in one form or another?" Because we as yet are not aware of an eternal object. Or even that such an object is possible.