1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jun '19 00:49
    @thinkofone said
    After you've been dodging the same point for umpteen posts now?
    This: Thread 179363
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 Jun '19 01:23
    @divegeester said
    This: Thread 179363
    Still haven't figured out the difference between someone dodging an on-topic question and someone not responding to an off-topic trolling question? No real surprise there.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jun '19 01:33
    @thinkofone said
    You still haven't been able to comprehend my point? After you've been dodging the same point for umpteen posts now? It's all about what Jesus says about who receives the Spirit of Truth in the passages cited from John 14. How can you still not understand that?
    You seem to think if I don't agree with you, I must not understand you. No, I reject what you are saying, and I've been giving you reasons why which you don't seem to comprehend, and if you do understand them, we simply disagree.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 Jun '19 02:263 edits
    @kellyjay said
    You seem to think if I don't agree with you, I must not understand you. No, I reject what you are saying, and I've been giving you reasons why which you don't seem to comprehend, and if you do understand them, we simply disagree.
    Since you need everything spelled out for you in painstaking detail and even then you don't understand the half of what people are saying, my previous post was in response to the first question in your previous post: "And your point? ". How is that not a clear indication that you don't understand what point I've been making?

That and the fact that after your lengthy "I don't deny..." list, you didn't mention the point I've been making when you said what it is that you do deny. How is that not a clear indication that you don't understand what point I've been making?

Your disingenuousness is as dishonest as it gets.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jun '19 02:56
    @thinkofone said
    Still haven't figured out the difference between someone dodging an on-topic question and someone not responding to an off-topic trolling question? No real surprise there.
    I enjoy reminding the forum of your intellectual dishonesty 🙂
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jun '19 03:03
    @thinkofone said
    Since you need everything spelled out for you in painstaking detail and even then you don't understand the half of what people are saying, my previous post was in response to the first question in your previous post: "And your point? ". How is that not a clear indication that you don't understand what point I've been making?

That and the fact that after your lengthy "I ...[text shortened]... don't understand what point I've been making?

Your disingenuousness is as dishonest as it gets.
    zzzz
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 Jun '19 03:10
    @divegeester said
    I enjoy reminding the forum of your intellectual dishonesty 🙂
    Clearly you still haven't figured out the difference.
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 Jun '19 03:15
    @kellyjay said
    zzzz
    Thought I'd give you yet another opportunity to dodge the point. Or are you again going to pretend that you don't know what the point is? Or are you again going to pretend that you do know what the point is, but disagree with it?

It's people like you that give Christians their reputation as dishonest self-righteous hypocrites.

That's right. I doesn't end with John 14:1. That's been my point all along.

Jesus goes on to say that keeping His commandments ( plural!) is required to receive the Spirit of Truth. As a point of emphasis, He says it three different ways. How many more different ways would He have needed to say it for you to understand it? Or is it simply that you don't believe Him?

John 14
    15“If you love Me, you will keep My commandments. 16“I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; 17that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.

21“He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him.”

23Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him. 24“He who does not love Me does not keep My words...
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jun '19 07:361 edit
    @thinkofone said
    Thought I'd give you yet another opportunity to dodge the point. Or are you again going to pretend that you don't know what the point is? Or are you again going to pretend that you do know what the point is, but disagree with it?

It's people like you that give Christians their reputation as dishonest self-righteous hypocrites.

That's right. I doesn't end wit ...[text shortened]... ome to him and make Our abode with him. 24“He who does not love Me does not keep My words...
    Have you ever read the book of Acts?

Acts 2

37 Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?” 38 And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 For the promise is for you and for your children and for all who are far off, everyone whom the Lord our God calls to himself.” 40 And with many other words he bore witness and continued to exhort them, saying, “Save yourselves from this crooked generation.” 41 So those who received his word were baptized, and there were added that day about three thousand souls.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 Jun '19 15:531 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Have you ever read the book of Acts?

Acts 2

37 Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?” 38 And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 For the pr ...[text shortened]... those who received his word were baptized, and there were added that day about three thousand souls.
    Given yet another opportunity to dodge the point, KJ does so again. At least he is as consistent in that regard as he is dishonest.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Jun '19 16:17
    @thinkofone said
    Clearly you still haven't figured out the difference.
    When you reference something Jesus has said, it is decidedly 'not' off topic to reference something else Jesus has said. (Namely that He was sent by God).

It is a ludicrous position to accuse people of ignoring things Jesus has said while simultaneously ignoring things Jesus has said yourself.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jun '19 16:57
    @thinkofone said

That's right. I doesn't end wit ...[text shortened]... ome to him and make Our abode with him. 24“He who does not love Me does not keep My words...
    Do YOU know what or who the Holy Spirit is? You are making claims about who is to receive the Holy Spirit. So why is it important, or is it in your opinion to receive the Holy Spirit?
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 Jun '19 16:59
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    When you reference something Jesus has said, it is decidedly 'not' off topic to reference something else Jesus has said. (Namely that He was sent by God).

It is a ludicrous position to accuse people of ignoring things Jesus has said while simultaneously ignoring things Jesus has said yourself.
    Add GoaD to DG as one who still hasn't figured out the difference between someone dodging an on-topic question and someone not responding to an off-topic trolling question? Trolls tend to stick together. Go figure.

Evidently neither of them understands that the topic of a thread is generally given in the title. In this case it's "How to receive Living Water according to Jesus".
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jun '19 17:02
    @thinkofone said
    Add GoaD to DG as one who still hasn't figured out the difference between someone dodging an on-topic question and someone not responding to an off-topic trolling question? Trolls tend to stick together. Go figure.

Evidently neither of them understands that the topic of a thread is generally given in the title. In this case it's "How to receive Living Water according to Jesus".
    What is the living water, and is Jesus still giving it out today?
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 Jun '19 17:041 edit
    @kellyjay said
    What is the living water, and is Jesus still giving it out today?
    Evidently KJ doesn't have the wherewithal to understand the OP. Add that to the myriad of other things KJ doesn't have the wherewithal to understand.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree