1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jun '19 17:15
    @thinkofone said
    Evidently KJ doesn't have the wherewithal to understand the OP. Add that to the myriad of other things KJ doesn't have the wherewithal to understand.
    These questions go to the Op directly, seeing your responses to others about staying on topic, please answer.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 Jun '19 17:172 edits
    @kellyjay said
    These questions go to the Op directly, seeing your responses to others about staying on topic, please answer.
    As I've already pointed out, the answer is given in the OP. What part of that didn't you understand? The OP? Or where I pointed that out?

Still get a chuckle out of how appropriate your avatar is.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Jun '19 17:211 edit
    @thinkofone said
    Add GoaD to DG as one who still hasn't figured out the difference between someone dodging an on-topic question and someone not responding to an off-topic trolling question? Trolls tend to stick together. Go figure.

Evidently neither of them understands that the topic of a thread is generally given in the title. In this case it's "How to receive Living Water according to Jesus".
    Why are you woefully selective in what words of Jesus you choose to believe?

It renders your entire argument that of a five-year-old.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 Jun '19 17:32
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Why are you woefully selective in what words of Jesus you choose to believe?

It renders your entire argument that of a five-year-old.
    Evidently GoaD still can't understand that the topic of a thread is generally given in the title. In this case it's "How to receive Living Water according to Jesus".

Add this thread to the mound of evidence that GoaD posts on this forum largely to troll.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Jun '19 17:381 edit
    @thinkofone said
    Evidently GoaD still can't understand that the topic of a thread is generally given in the title. In this case it's "How to receive Living Water according to Jesus".

Add this thread to the mound of evidence that GoaD posts on this forum largely to troll.
    This thread is just another example of you trolling Kelly making your snide comments about his intelligence and the like. Why he bothers with your blatant trolling is beyond me. He'd have every justification in dodging you, the way you dodge any scrutiny of your own inconsistent understanding of the Gospels.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 Jun '19 17:501 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    This thread is just another example of you trolling Kelly making your snide comments about his intelligence and the like. Why he bothers with your blatant trolling is beyond me. He'd have every justification in dodging you, the way you dodge any scrutiny of your own inconsistent understanding of the Gospels.

This latest post of Goad's is yet another example that he posts on this forum largely to "stir the pot" and use all manner of dishonesty to do so.

Anyone who has read through this thread would realize that the majority of my posts to KJ have been very much on-topic and that I exercised great patience until his blatant dishonesty and lack of reading comprehension skills made it impossible to engage in any type of meaningful discourse.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Jun '19 18:41
    @kellyjay said
    He's too busy apparently chuckling at the aptness of your avatar. (His own avatar, of course, would be the tin man, his words hollow and without genuine heart).
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 Jun '19 19:20
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    He's too busy apparently chuckling at the aptness of your avatar. (His own avatar, of course, would be the tin man, his words hollow and without genuine heart).
    This latest post of Goad's is yet ANOTHER example that he posts on this forum largely to "stir the pot" and use all manner of dishonesty to do so.

Evidently GoaD STILL can't understand that the topic of a thread is generally given in the title. In this case it's "How to receive Living Water according to Jesus".

Anyone who has read through this thread would realize that the majority of my posts to KJ have been very much on-topic and that I exercised great patience until his blatant dishonesty and lack of reading comprehension skills made it impossible to engage in any type of meaningful discourse.

GoaD started as a troll. He continues as a troll. See the following thread for an example of his early efforts. 

https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/spirituality/john-858.164426 

The following thread is another early example of GoaD's trolling. Note how his posts were in an effort to "stir the pot". 

https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/spirituality/salvation.165585 
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Jun '19 19:52
    @thinkofone said
    This latest post of Goad's is yet ANOTHER example that he posts on this forum largely to "stir the pot" and use all manner of dishonesty to do so.

Evidently GoaD STILL can't understand that the topic of a thread is generally given in the title. In this case it's "How to receive Living Water according to Jesus".

Add this thread to the mound of evidence that GoaD pos ...[text shortened]... in an effort to "stir the pot". 

https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/spirituality/salvation.165585 
    I wasn't talking to you.

Kindly stop the mindless repetition and spam, along with the trolling of another forum user purely with the intention of belittling their reading comprehension and intellect. (When in reality they present a far more honest contribution to the forum than you ever do).
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 Jun '19 21:005 edits
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I wasn't talking to you.

Kindly stop the mindless repetition and spam, along with the trolling of another forum user purely with the intention of belittling their reading comprehension and intellect. (When in reality they present a far more honest contribution to the forum than you ever do).
    Note that NONE of GoaD's posts on this thread thus far have addressed the topic of this thread. None. Nada. Add this thread to the mound of evidence that GoaD posts on this forum largely to troll. GoaD falsely and deceitfully accuses another of trolling in an effort to cover up the fact that that is exactly what he has been doing on this thread. In an effort to cover up the fact that that is exactly what he has pretty much been doing since he started posting on this forum.

This latest post of Goad's is yet ANOTHER example that he posts on this forum largely to "stir the pot" and use all manner of dishonesty to do so. He has been trolling on this forum pretty much since he started posting here.

11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jun '19 22:05
    @thinkofone said
    As I've already pointed out, the answer is given in the OP. What part of that didn't you understand? The OP? Or where I pointed that out?

Still get a chuckle out of how appropriate your avatar is.
    Is Jesus still giving the living water today?
    What or who is the Living water?
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Jun '19 00:11
    @kellyjay said
    Is Jesus still giving the living water today?
    What or who is the Living water?
    KJ disingenuously continues to refuse to address the following in a direct and meaningful way. This has been going on since the top of page 2.

That's right. I doesn't end with John 14:1. That's been my point all along.

Jesus goes on to say that keeping His commandments ( plural!) is required to receive the Spirit of Truth. As a point of emphasis, He says it three different ways. How many more different ways would He have needed to say it for you to understand it? Or is it simply that you don't believe Him?

John 14
    15“If you love Me, you will keep My commandments. 16“I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; 17that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.

21“He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him.”

23Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him. 24“He who does not love Me does not keep My words...
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jun '19 10:111 edit
    @thinkofone said
    KJ disingenuously continues to refuse to address the following in a direct and meaningful way. This has been going on since the top of page 2.

That's right. I doesn't end with John 14:1. That's been my point all along.

Jesus goes on to say that keeping His commandments ( plural!) is required to receive the Spirit of Truth. As a point of emphasis, He says it ...[text shortened]... me to him and make Our abode with him. 24“He who does not love Me does not keep My words...
    Again, not saying we are not to keep His commandments, but we receive the Holy Spirit when God gives, not when we earn Him. We cannot do the works of God without God, we are walking in the flesh until we start walking with God in the Spirit of God, during that time we cannot please God, those in the flesh cannot it is impossible.

I'm not the one here who is putting it all together backwards, that would be you. You cannot abide in a Holy God without God drawing and calling us in, His salvation is a gift and it isn't earned by our godless lives before God enters us.

Once we receive God it is our honor and duty to obey walking in the Spirit, being God's workmanship, doing the works He has prepared for us to do.

Your doctrine is being good enough to receive Him, we cannot, which is why Jesus died and rose from the dead and became our sin. So He can forgive us and redeem us, He is the God of our salvation.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Jun '19 10:451 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Again, not saying we are not to keep His commandments, but we receive the Holy Spirit when God gives, not when we earn Him. We cannot do the works of God without God, we are walking in the flesh until we start walking with God in the Spirit of God, during that time we cannot please God, those in the flesh cannot it is impossible.

I'm not the one here who is putting it all ...[text shortened]... rom the dead and became our sin. So He can forgive us and redeem us, He is the God of our salvation.
    Not one single sentence there is from the mouth of Jesus Christ. All of it is misinterpreted church nonsense and is the result of twisting the teachings of Paul and the Apostles.

Jesus was clear. It is only when you have followed the commandments it is then you are given the Holy Spirit. This would mean that the Holy Spirit is not given out willy-nilly to every Tom Dick and Harry who asks or who professes faith with their mouth. It is a change of heart that is required and genuine professions of faith and a genuine change of behavior and conduct. Meaningless professions of faith are worthless.

This point you made is absolutely true We cannot do the works of God without God,. You are therefore saying that someone who does good works have God in them, and someone who does no good works does not have God in them.

Therefore a professed Christian who does no good works does not have God.
    A profess atheist who does good works does in fact have God.
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Jun '19 12:331 edit
    @kellyjay said

I'm not the one here who is putting it all ...[text shortened]... rom the dead and became our sin. So He can forgive us and redeem us, He is the God of our salvation.
    And KJ has once again resorted to mindlessly regurgitating the dogma that he'd been taught as a way to avoid addressing the passages cited from John 14 in a direct and meaningful way. This has been going on since the top of page 2. KJ is an exceedingly dishonest person.

KJ not only doesn't have the spirit of truth. KJ hates the truth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree