1. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Jun '19 19:061 edit
    Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. (Matthew 5:6 KJV)

That is step 1. You have to hunger and thirst after righteousness. YOU. Not Jesus. Not God. YOU. This means that you want to do good works and live righteously. This is done by following the commandments of Christ.

Step 2. If you hunger and thirst for righteousness then Jesus will give you the living water which is the Holy Spirit

.. If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.) (John 7:37-39 KJV)

Here Jesus says
    - If you thirst [obviously for righteousness]
    - Drink of Christ [ie follow the teachings and doctrine of Christ]
    -those who truly believe in Christ will receive the Holy Spirit

Thats basically it. You will find all kinds of mumbo jumbo methods of receiving living water with a long drawn out analysis and explanation, but its all irrelevant unbiblical nonsense.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Jun '19 20:38
    @Rajk999

Are you suggesting that John 7:39 is not according to Jesus ?
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Jun '19 22:09
    @sonship said
    @Rajk999

Are you suggesting that John 7:39 is not according to Jesus ?
    How did you make that conclusion?
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jun '19 23:54
    @rajk999 said
    Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. (Matthew 5:6 KJV)

That is step 1. You have to hunger and thirst after righteousness. YOU. Not Jesus. Not God. YOU. This means that you want to do good works and live righteously. This is done by following the commandments of Christ.

Step 2. If you hunger and thirst for righ ...[text shortened]... ng water with a long drawn out analysis and explanation, but its all irrelevant unbiblical nonsense.
    If you just let scripture speak for itself you'd be better off than making mean something other than what the text clearly says.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jun '19 00:45
    @kellyjay said
    If you just let scripture speak for itself you'd be better off than making mean something other than what the text clearly says.
    Is that connected to the topic and opening post?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jun '19 07:07
    @kellyjay said
    Which all sounds very nice until you start believing , like you do, that there are literal multi-headed monsters roaming around being ridden by literal whores wearing clothes which are dripping with the literal blood of millions of dead Christians.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jun '19 09:24
    @divegeester said
    Which all sounds very nice until you start believing , like you do, that there are literal multi-headed monsters roaming around being ridden by literal whores wearing clothes which are dripping with the literal blood of millions of dead Christians.
    You keep bringing that up, and what is your claim about that compared to mine? I say it was part of a vision he saw, making it real in the sense he saw it, does that mean its real in the spiritual world who knows. Your take is what?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jun '19 09:29
    @rajk999 said
    Is that connected to the topic and opening post?
    Jesus told us how to receive the Spirit of God, for those that belong to Him, ask.

Luke 11:13
    If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

It isn't difficult, nor is the Spirit someone God wants us to be kept from.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jun '19 09:331 edit
    @kellyjay said
    You keep bringing that up, and what is your claim about that compared to mine? I say it was part of a vision he saw, making it real in the sense he saw it, does that mean its real in the spiritual world who knows. Your take is what?
    No, you said that the entire book of revelation was literal, as opposed to my claim that it is largely metaphorical.

If you want to now say that it is metaphorical and not literal then that will be fine. Is that what you are saying?

“Real” is just you copping out. A “real” vision, yes it was a “real” vision. But what he saw in the vision was not “real” multi-headed beasts because they DO NOT EXIST! They are metaphors for something else. Like all the other vision stuff is metaphorical.

Stop pretending you don’t get it, it’s just dishonest.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jun '19 09:33

Removed by poster

11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jun '19 09:36
    @sonship removed their quoted post
    I’m sure KellyJay appreciates your words of public encouragement and coaching.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jun '19 09:38
    @sonship removed their quoted post
    If you were wondering, you should have questioned me.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jun '19 09:40
    @divegeester said
    No, you said that the entire book of revelation was literal, as opposed to my claim that it is largely metaphorical.

If you want to now say that it is metaphorical and not literal then that will be fine. Is that what you are saying?

“Real” is just you copping out. A “real” vision, yes it was a “real” vision. But what he saw in the vision was not “real” multi-headed ...[text shortened]... l the other vision stuff is metaphorical.

Stop pretending you don’t get it, it’s just dishonest.
    I'm not the one hung up on the word metaphorical, the book was a message from God most of it a vision to John. Some of it are predictions of things going to happen as the end days, other parts who knows spiritual realities, who cares the point isn't trying to figure out what is a metaphor or not, the point is what is God telling us.

I've not changed my stance.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jun '19 10:31
    @KellyJay

Ever find yourself going over a lot of Forum comments in a kind of quick way, not taking time enough on each comment?
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jun '19 12:081 edit
    @sonship said
    @KellyJay

Ever find yourself going over a lot of Forum comments in a kind of quick way, not taking time enough on each comment?
    Yes! 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree