1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 09:17
    @thinkofone said
    What I am saying we cannot do that without God’s grace, through faith as He forgives us, gives us His Spirit and we begin our life with Him.

While that may be what you're saying, Jesus said that one must KEEP His commandments to receive that Spirit of Truth. The TRUTH is that Jesus said it not only once, but three different ways to emphasize the point. The bott ...[text shortened]... e will come to him and make Our abode with him. 24“He who does not love Me does not keep My words...
    Not once have you seen me say we are not to keep His commandments, you have to make things up to accuse me, who is your father? God gives His children His Spirit without which you don't belong to God. God's abode will be with His children as I have been telling me, it isn't me your are going up against but the very Word you are quoting.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 09:18
    @rajk999 said
    I tend to shy away from stupid questions.
    Ask something sensible.
    You tend to run away from questions that show you the errors of your doctrine, you run away a lot. You and your partner in this discussion who is the king of running away from questions!
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 11:043 edits
    @Rajk999

I don't think you agree with Jesus. The passage says
    - the Comforter is for those who follow the commandments.
    - Jesus is in those who follow his commandments

Not stuff you agree with.

In Galatians Paul asks the Christians who are being distracted by the legalistic Judaizers:

"This only I wish to learn from you, Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by the hearing of faith?" (Galatians 3:2)

The answer to the Apostle Paul's rhetorical question is "by the hearing of faith" .

The believers initially received the Holy Spirit, the Comforter, the Paraclete, the Helper - BY THE HEARING OF FAITH. They did not receive Him through doing the works of the law.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 11:191 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Not once have you seen me say we are not to keep His commandments, you have to make things up to accuse me, who is your father? God gives His children His Spirit without which you don't belong to God. God's abode will be with His children as I have been telling me, it isn't me your are going up against but the very Word you are quoting.
    Not once have you seen me say we are not to keep His commandments, you have to make things up to accuse me

Where exactly did I ever say you did?

If you can't provide evidence that I said that, then it is YOU who are making things up to accuse ME.

This is the way it so often goes with you. You falsely accuse people of doing the very thing that you are doing. What's that say about YOU?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 11:49
    C'mon atheist!

Just tell us you don't believe in God period.
    C'mon.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 11:59
    @sonship said
    C'mon atheist!

C'mon.
    Deist, not atheist.
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 12:001 edit
    @sonship said
    C'mon atheist!

C'mon.
    This is the way it goes with you and several others on this forum.

You resort to ad homs and/or other forms of intellectual dishonesty when unable to provide a cogent argument against the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth.

It's pathetic.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 13:24
    @ThinkOfOne

C'mon ThinkOfOne, While you still walk the earth confess that you are an atheist at heart.

All this "Hey, I use the Bible" stuff is just a mirage.
    (Ghost says you're a Deist).
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 13:271 edit
    ThinkOfOne,

Are you really just an atheist while you walk the earth ?
    C'mon now.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 13:41
    @sonship said
    @Rajk999

I don't think you agree with Jesus. The passage says
    - the Comforter is for those who follow the commandments.
    - Jesus is in those who follow his commandments

Not stuff you agree with.

In Galatians Paul asks the Christians who are being distracted by the legalistic Judaizers:

[quote] "This only I wish to learn from you, Did ...[text shortened]... elper - BY THE HEARING OF FAITH. They did not receive Him through doing the works of the law.
    This nonsense post demonstrates the problem many Christians have with understanding the bible. The expression 'the law', in the New testament refers to 'The Law of Moses, and not to the commandments of Christ. Nowhere does Paul ever refers to the commandments of Christ as legalistic like you false teachers do.

Paul is saying that nobody gets the Holy Spirit via following the Law of Moses. They get it by following Christ, the commandments of Christ. Same thing Jesus said. Paul refers to following Christ as the 'hearing of faith'. Faith without works is DEAD, so Paul could not possible be referring to a faith which has no good works. Faith with good works is the only faith that is real or living.

Therefore Christians get the Holy Spirit by following Christ ie the commandments of Christ which is good works and righteousness.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree