1. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 01:39
    @kellyjay said
    Repeating text everyone agrees with doesn't strengthen you point in any fashion.
    I don't think you agree with Jesus. The passage says
    - the Comforter is for those who follow the commandments.
    - Jesus is in those who follow his commandments

Not stuff you agree with.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 01:45
    @rajk999 said

Actually in John 14 Jesus says "keep" which is beyond "follow".
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 02:12
    @rajk999 said

Really, and how are the things I have been saying in conflict with any of those verses? Jesus came to save sinners, sinners turn their lives over to the Lord, the Comforter is given and from that point on they follow Jesus, He is our savior.

You think it works differently? You think we have to earn our right to follow Him?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 02:26
    @thinkofone said
    Actually in John 14 Jesus says "keep" which is beyond "follow".
    Of course.. that's correct
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 02:27
    @kellyjay said
    Really, and how are the things I have been saying in conflict with any of those verses? Jesus came to save sinners, sinners turn their lives over to the Lord, the Comforter is given and from that point on they follow Jesus, He is our savior.

You think it works differently? You think we have to earn our right to follow Him?
    Wrong. Jesus did not say that
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 09:37
    @rajk999 said
    Wrong. Jesus did not say that
    It is the Biblical narrative. You don't believe Jesus is in conflict with the rest of scripture do you?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 10:171 edit
    @kellyjay said
    It is the Biblical narrative. You don't believe Jesus is in conflict with the rest of scripture do you?
    Your reading and comprehension skills are dismal. The Bible says
    - Obey first, keep the commandments
    - Then get Gods favour, / Holy Spirit.
    You say something different.

The death and resurrection of Christ does not enable you to do it the other way around. Professions of faith mean nothing if the commandments are not followed. This basic doctrine is all over the bible. It has not changed. It is there from Genesis to Revelation. It was repeated by Christ over and over .... OBEY FIRST, THEN YOU WILL BE REWARDED WITH GODS FAVOUR.

Here it is from the Psalms

[i]Blessed is every one that feareth the LORD; that walketh in his ways. For thou shalt eat the labour of thine hands: happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee. Thy wife shall be as a fruitful vine by the sides of thine house: thy children like olive plants round about thy table. Behold, that thus shall the man be blessed that feareth the LORD. (Psalms 128:1-4 KJV)
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 12:32
    @rajk999 said

The death and resurrection of Christ does not enable you to do it the other way around. Professions of faith mean nothing if the commandments are not followed. This basic doctrine is all over the bible. ...[text shortened]... t thy table. Behold, that thus shall the man be blessed that feareth the LORD. (Psalms 128:1-4 KJV)
    No one is suggesting we don’t follow Christ, no one is saying we don’t follow His teachings either! What I am saying we cannot do that without God’s grace, through faith as He forgives us, gives us His Spirit and we begin our life with Him.

To suggest we can be good enough without God’s Spirit within means we don’t want or need God’s grace we would be self righteous before man and God. Something you could brag about, that is not going happen before God.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 15:34
    @kellyjay said
    No one is suggesting we don’t follow Christ, no one is saying we don’t follow His teachings either! What I am saying we cannot do that without God’s grace, through faith as He forgives us, gives us His Spirit and we begin our life with Him.

To suggest we can be good enough without God’s Spirit within means we don’t want or need God’s grace we would be self righteous before man and God. Something you could brag about, that is not going happen before God.
    What I am saying we cannot do that without God’s grace, through faith as He forgives us, gives us His Spirit and we begin our life with Him.

While that may be what you're saying, Jesus said that one must KEEP His commandments to receive that Spirit of Truth. The TRUTH is that Jesus said it not only once, but three different ways to emphasize the point. The bottom line is that you don't BELIEVE the words Jesus spoke.

John 14
    15 “If you love Me, you will keep My commandments. 16“I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; 17that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.

21“He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him.”

23Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him. 24“He who does not love Me does not keep My words...
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 15:371 edit
    @ThinkOfOne

Get with it ToO!
    C'mon!
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 16:42
    @kellyjay said

You continue with your church doctrine and good luck with that.
    I will stick with what Jesus says.
    Im good with that.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 16:52
    @rajk999 said
    You continue with your church doctrine and good luck with that.
    I will stick with what Jesus says.
    Im good with that.
    Quote me anything from my church doctrine and give your source! Otherwise like many things you pronounce can only be sourced back to your imagination!
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 18:42
    @kellyjay said
    Quote me anything from my church doctrine and give your source! Otherwise like many things you pronounce can only be sourced back to your imagination!
    Here you go:
    What I am saying we cannot do that without God’s grace, through faith as He forgives us, gives us His Spirit and we begin our life with Him.

--kellyjay
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 23:55
    @rajk999 said

The death and resurrection of Christ does not enable you to do it the other way around. Professions of faith mean nothing if the commandments are not followed. This basic doctrine is all over the bible. ...[text shortened]... t thy table. Behold, that thus shall the man be blessed that feareth the LORD. (Psalms 128:1-4 KJV)
    Have you read all of the NT, actually studied it?
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 02:36
    @kellyjay said
    Have you read all of the NT, actually studied it?
    I tend to shy away from stupid questions.
    Ask something sensible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree