Calling out ThinkOfOne

Calling out ThinkOfOne

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Nov 18
1 edit

You repeatedly claim that this question is off topic so I thought it was about time that we gave it its own thread.

So tell us, as someone who proclaims the validity of the “words of Jesus” “while he was on earth”...

When Jesus said he was sent by God, was he correct?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
22 Nov 18

@divegeester said
You repeatedly claim that this question is off topic so I thought it was about time that we gave it its own thread.

So tell us, as someone who proclaims the validity of the “words of Jesus” “while he was on earth”...

childish

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Nov 18

@karoly-aczel said
childish
This is a debate forum about people’s spirituality (or not) beliefs.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
22 Nov 18

@divegeester said
This is a debate forum about people’s spirituality (or not) beliefs.
It's childish of you not to respect ToO's right not to answer ... especially a question that has no bearing on anything other than more labelling- the exact opposite of what spirituality is about

c

Moves
22 Nov 18

@divegeester said

It's likely that ThinkOfOne is an atheist.
Why he quotes Jesus so much is baffling.

F

Moves
22 Nov 18

@karoly-aczel said
It's childish of you not to respect ToO's right not to answer ... especially a question that has no bearing on anything other than more labelling- the exact opposite of what spirituality is about
If you think labelling is wrong, why are you then labelling another poster's enquiry "childish"?

If one person self-identifies (labels themselves) as an "explicit atheist" and another self-identifies (labels themselves) as a "Young Earth Creationist", do you really believe these labels "have no bearing on anything"?

F

Moves
22 Nov 18

@chaney3 said
It's likely that ThinkOfOne is an atheist.
Why he quotes Jesus so much is baffling.
ThinkOfOne quotes Jesus because he thinks Jesus is a moral teacher who is perhaps unequalled.

c

Moves
22 Nov 18

@fmf said
ThinkOfOne quotes Jesus because he thinks Jesus is a moral teacher who is perhaps unequalled.
That seems reasonable.

If he's an atheist, do you think he should share that?

F

Moves
22 Nov 18

@chaney3 said
That seems reasonable.

If he's an atheist, do you think he should share that?
Of course, I do.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Nov 18
4 edits

@FMF

Right, a liar and a deceiver like no other in history, who is a great "moral teacher."

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Nov 18
2 edits

So ThinkOfOne, you think Jesus is a moral teacher who was too stupid to select faithful men to accurately take to the world His teaching?

I mean Matthew, Mark, John and even Luke as disciples couldn't get His ministry straight without consulting you first ?

I mean YOU really understood what Jesus taught.

F

Moves
23 Nov 18
1 edit

@sonship said
@FMF

Right, a liar and a deceiver like no other in history, who is a great "moral teacher."
I don't think ThinkOfOne believes that Jesus was "a liar and a deceiver like no other in history". I think he believes that what you think of as "Jesus" was in fact a historical figure hijacked by the people who created the religion that you subscribe to. You quote Paul on this forum more than you quote Jesus. To claim that ThinkOfOne believes that Jesus was "a liar and a deceiver like no other in history" is, of course, a straw man on your part. What's with all these logical fallacies, sonship?

F

Moves
23 Nov 18

@sonship said
So ThinkOfOne, you think Jesus is a moral teacher who was too stupid to select faithful men to accurately take to the world His teaching?

I mean Matthew, Mark, John and even Luke as disciples couldn't get His ministry straight without consulting you first ?

I mean YOU really understood what Jesus taught.
The Gospels were written decades after Jesus' death by people who didn't meet him and based on hearsay, myth and folktales. Paul, a figure you seem to revere, never met Jesus and apparently was working for the Romans.

F

Moves
23 Nov 18

@sonship said
Jesus was dead. What could he do about the way his legacy was concocted if he was dead?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
23 Nov 18

@fmf said
If you think labelling is wrong, why are you then labelling another poster's enquiry "childish"?

If one person self-identifies (labels themselves) as an "explicit atheist" and another self-identifies (labels themselves) as a "Young Earth Creationist", do you really believe these labels "have no bearing on anything"?
that's not a label, dive was being childish