Moves
    30 Nov '18 09:16

Removed by poster

3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Nov '18 19:47
    ToO (one suspects) does not believe Jesus was sent by God, and the fact that Jesus said 'he was' sent by God is highly problematic for him. Previously I surmised only 3 replies are possible:

1. Jesus lied. (Which would be self-destroying for ToO).
    2. Those words were falsely attributed to him. (Impossible to prove and would raise the question 'how can we, therefore, be certain any of his words were attributable to him? )
    3. Jesus faithfully believed he was sent by God but was mistaken. (A particularly weak argument and would cause ToO a whole host of problems).

There is perhaps a 4th understanding that ToO might be toying with:

4. When Jesus said he was sent by God he was speaking figuratively (not literally). Of course, even here ToO will struggle to defend such a position. (Especially as he is thoroughly lacking in a theology degree).
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Nov '18 20:32
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    ToO (one suspects) does not believe Jesus was sent by God, and the fact that Jesus said 'he was' sent by God is highly problematic for him. Previously I surmised only 3 replies are possible:

1. Jesus lied. (Which would be self-destroying for ToO).
    2. Those words were falsely attributed to him. (Impossible to prove and would raise the question 'how can we, theref ...[text shortened]... l struggle to defend such a position. (Especially as he is thoroughly lacking in a theology degree).
    nuts..
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Nov '18 20:34
    @divegeester said
    You repeatedly claim that this question is off topic so I thought it was about time that we gave it its own thread.

So tell us, as someone who proclaims the validity of the “words of Jesus” “while he was on earth”...

When Jesus said he was sent by God, was he correct?
    Friday-evening-what-a-feeling do the bump for thinkofone the disco guy in the make up
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Dec '18 19:41
    @divegeester said
    You repeatedly claim that this question is off topic so I thought it was about time that we gave it its own thread.

So tell us, as someone who proclaims the validity of the “words of Jesus” “while he was on earth”...

Monday callout for thinkofone.

Gave you the weekend off 😜
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Dec '18 06:33
    @divegeester said

Frequent bump for @Thinkofone

🙂
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Dec '18 16:06
    @FMF

I think he believes that what you think of as "Jesus" was in fact a historical figure hijacked by the people who created the religion that you subscribe to. You quote Paul on this forum more than you quote Jesus. To claim that ThinkOfOne believes that Jesus was "a liar and a deceiver like no other in history" is, of course, a straw man on your part. What's with all these logical fallacies, sonship?

The words of Jesus are recorded in the so-called Sermon on the Mount. Let's just take chapters 5,6. and 7.

Could you indicate which sayings are the ones invented by the hijackers? Then we can seperate them out from the ones you think are un-hijacked and authentic.

Matthew chapter 5 - 48 verses.
    Matthew chapter 6 - 34 verses.
    Matthew chapter 7 - 29 verses.

Please list the ones invented by the hijackers.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 14:29
    @divegeester said

Regular bump for our friend @thinkofone
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Jan '19 21:34
    @divegeester said

Timely bump for @thinkofone...
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Jan '19 18:12
    @divegeester said
    Sunday bump for @thinkofone
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Jan '19 20:24
    @divegeester said
    Sunday bump for @thinkofone
    He's such a simp.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Jan '19 21:59
    cornuts ...err
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jan '19 18:27
    @divegeester said

Regular bump for @thinkofone

😉
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '19 19:05
    @sonship said
    @FMF

[quote] I think he believes that what you think of as "Jesus" was in fact a historical figure hijacked by the people who created the religion that you subscribe to. You quote Paul on this forum more than you quote Jesus. To claim that ThinkOfOne believes that Jesus was "a liar and a deceiver like no other in history" is, of course, a straw man on your part. What's wi ...[text shortened]... rses.
    Matthew chapter 7 - 29 verses.

Please list the ones invented by the hijackers.
    I believe they were all written decades and decades after the death of Jesus by people who had never met him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree