1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 18:331 edit
    @sonship said
    Give us two of your strongest examples of this "rooting" to the Old Testament text to fabricate a prophetic link.
    All the supposedly "prophetic links" that the writers incorporated into the Jesus mythology as it was created in the decades and centuries after his death. Every single "link" that you you dwell on and fuss over as if they were caused by some supernatural phenomena. All of them.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 18:35
    @FMF

Good for you.

Yes, I know. I am very fortunate.

As I have often said, if your religious beliefs give you solace and purpose in life, good for you.

Thanks.

Now, your two strongest cases of NT authors creating artificial links to give the impression of prophetic fulfillment.

Do it for ThinkOfOne who is watching you. He likes your ideas.
    Don't let him down. You atheists have to stick together around here.

If "the most convincing evidence" you have is your own belief, that is your prerogative.

Surely you can come up with TWO examples - really quite obvious examples of this NT writers' linking.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 18:38
    @sonship said
    The explanations of the Bible as a whole make the most sense of what I have experienced.
    It was, of course, the intent of its authors that the Jesus story would "make sense".
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 18:40
    @sonship said
    Now, your two strongest cases of NT authors creating artificial links to give the impression of prophetic fulfillment.
    All the supposed "prophetic links". Without exception.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 18:42
    @sonship said
    Do it for ThinkOfOne who is watching you. He likes your ideas.
    Don't let him down. You atheists have to stick together around here.
    What are you on about, sonship?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 18:45
    @FMF

Which of the two sentences would apply to you right now.

1.) You cannot supply two of the strongest examples of linking.

2.) You could but would rather not.

Answer that and maybe we'll just leave it at that.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 18:471 edit
    @FMF

Right on time. The old "Me no speak English" red herring routine.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 18:48
    @sonship said
    @FMF

Which of the two sentences would apply to you right now.

1.) You cannot supply two of the strongest examples of linking.

2.) You could but would rather not.

Answer that and maybe we'll just leave it at that.
    Every single one of the "prophetic links" that were incorporated into the new religion's texts. All of them. Not one of them. Not two of them. Not five of them. All of them.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 18:49
    @sonship said
    @FMF

Right on time. The old "Me no speak English" red herring routine.
    "Me no speak English" routine?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 18:56
    @FMF

All the supposedly "prophetic links" that the writers incorporated into the Jesus mythology as it was created in the decades and centuries after his death.

There was not enough time in a few decades for this explanation to be realistic. All original eye witnesses would have to be long dead in order to make a complete myth that would cause thousands of Jews in Jerusalem to begin to meet in a revolutionary new way to what tradition had been for them for centuries.

How did so many thousands of Jews in Jerusalem change from gathering on Seventh day Sabbath to celebrating the first day of the week, the eight day "the Lord's day".

The significance of this day was the day Jesus rose from the dead. How did that happen with so many thousands of Jews only weeks after the crucifixion of Jesus ?
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 18:591 edit
    @kellyjay said
    So do you think scripture in the NT are false, and you condemn others by not
    following the parts you like best?
    Your post seems to have come out of left field.

My post to jaywill was to point out how he misunderstood FMF's post. How he got things 180-degrees wrong. How it's part of a long-running pattern of taking what what others write and making up a narrative that has little to nothing to do with what was actually said. How he does this with what other posters write and scripture as well. How it's been pointed out to him time and time again. How he seems to be a slave to it.

It had nothing to do with whether or not I "think scripture in the NT are false".
    It had nothing to do with "condemn[ing] others by not following the parts [I] like best".

If you have a point to make, plainly state it instead of asking a nonsensical loaded question.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 19:001 edit
    @FMF
    "Me no speak English" routine?

Yep.

I also have my timer out to see how long takes you to start hand waving about the torturer god ideology.

You brought up artificial linking. Got a couple of good examples for the novice skeptic ?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 19:05
    @sonship said
    @FMF

All the supposedly "prophetic links" that the writers incorporated into the Jesus mythology as it was created in the decades and centuries after his death.

There was not enough time in a few decades for this explanation to be realistic. All original eye witnesses would have to be long dead in order to make a complete myth that would cause thousand ...[text shortened]... ead. How did that happen with so many thousands of Jews only weeks after the crucifixion of Jesus ?
    I have no credible reason to believe that Jesus rose from the dead nor that any Jews who had admired him and who had commemorated his death - in its immediate aftermath - believed that he had risen from the dead. Several decades is plenty of time for people who had never met him to create a mythology, dream up stuff like the Doctrine of the Atonement, and "link" the stone dead Jesus to the Old Testament.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 19:06
    @sonship said
    You brought up artificial linking. Got a couple of good examples for the novice skeptic ?
    All the supposed "prophetic links" that were incorporated into the story. Without exception.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 19:08
    @thinkofone said
    Your post seems to have come out of left field.
    KellyJay may well have had in mind the OP and the thread topic.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree