How many here want freedom FROM religion?

How many here want freedom FROM religion?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 Aug 12
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
Not based on religion? You godda be kidding. Creation was mentioned a dozen times even in the first video. You need to get out more.

He also tied the idea that life first started with inanimate matter becoming life in the first video but that is, which we have been screaming to you all along, a completely different science having NOTHING to do with evolu ?

I just can't sleep, have to get up in a couple of hours to drive to my job 80 miles away.
Mentioning creation does not mean the fossil evidence is base on religion. The fossil evidence is the same regardless of religion. And the fossil evidence proves that there has been no evolution.

P.S. I am US Army retired and US Postal Worker retired. So I do not have to be at any job. I can take naps during the day.

Cape Town

Moves
14 Aug 12

Originally posted by Suzianne
1. by who? I thought you didn't believe in God. Or is this example just convenient?

2. by who? I thought you didn't believe in these, either.
I don't believe any such acts took place. I was pointing out that you do believe that they did.

3. Really? Disease is "evil"? You know what causes disease, right? How can you call this "evil"?

4. Really? Natural disasters are "evil"? You know what causes natural disasters, right? How can you also call this "evil"? Seriously.

As I originally thought, you are cleverly defining away the word 'evil' so as to make it fit your claim.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Aug 12
7 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
Mentioning creation does not mean the fossil evidence is base on religion. The fossil evidence is the same regardless of religion. And the fossil evidence proves that there has been no evolution.

P.S. I am US Army retired and US Postal Worker retired. So I do not have to be at any job. I can take naps during the day.
You must really think we are stupid or blind to see a video saying it is creation that started life on Earth, oh but it's not religious, it's science.

Give me a break, you really think we are that naive? So the last video said right in the opening, 'life didn't come by chance, it was made by God almighty' That is a quote.

Also, how can you believe that video when they clearly are going against the bible, by up front saying there are fossils 400 million years old?

Not only that, but the video is also a conspiracy video, saying 'evolutionists' hide away fossils that refute evolution. If that were true, someone would have indeed brought it out in a scientific journal and would have a reputation that would give him or her a nobel prize.

I think you better look at just who created that video. I don't think you know:

http://www.harunyahya.com/

You might notice the Muslim bead he keeps obsessively twirling in one of the TV interviews. He is one scary dude. Clearly mentally deranged.

Did you think your stupid diversion was in any way going to work?

BTW if you were a big shot at the Pentagon why did you end up retiring from the post office?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 Aug 12

Originally posted by twhitehead
I don't believe any such acts took place. I was pointing out that you do believe that they did.

[b]3. Really? Disease is "evil"? You know what causes disease, right? How can you call this "evil"?

4. Really? Natural disasters are "evil"? You know what causes natural disasters, right? How can you also call this "evil"? Seriously.

As I o ...[text shortened]... ught, you are cleverly defining away the word 'evil' so as to make it fit your claim.[/b]
No, I just told you that I don't. I do not believe God has done anything I would label as "horrendous". I thought I covered that.

As I originally thought, you are cleverly defining away the word 'evil' so as to make it fit your claim.
No, it fits my claim because I'm using the standard definition. I frankly don't know what definition you're using. Diseases and natural disasters are not any more evil than a doorknob. Evil needs intent. Without intent, can it really be evil? Something bad, maybe, that you don't want to happen to you, sure, but evil? Really?

Moves
14 Aug 12

No, I just told you that I don't. I do not believe God has done anything I would label as "horrendous". I thought I covered that.

[quote]As I originally thought, you are cleverly defining away the word 'evil' so as to make it fit your claim.[/q ...[text shortened]... Something bad, maybe, that you don't want to happen to you, sure, but evil? Really?
do you not consider the flood as evil?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 Aug 12

Originally posted by stellspalfie
do you not consider the flood as evil?
How could the flood be evil?

Do you know what God's reason for the flood was?

Hint: It's basically the same as His reason for destroying Sodom and Gomorrah, i.e. evil men.

So here, again, you twist things. God was not evil in bringing the flood, men were evil and that is why God brought the flood.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Aug 12

Hint: It's basically the same as His reason for destroying Sodom and Gomorrah, i.e. evil men.

So here, again, you twist things. God was not evil in bringing the flood, men were evil and that is why God brought the flood.
Your mythology is showing again. The flood was a fairy tale. Sure, there are floods, but not the biblical world wide job. THE flood didn't happen. If it did we would see debris piled up all over the world. We see debris piled up from the asteroid that hit in the Yucatan penninsula, 700 feet deep debris as far as Burmuda but no debris from a world wide flood.

Moves
14 Aug 12

if i set fire to a maximum security prison and killed all the inmates would you think i was good or evil?

if i then tract down all the prisoners families, their wives and children and i set fire to them would i be good or evil?

do you agree with capital punishment in general or is it a right only god has?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 Aug 12
2 edits

Originally posted by sonhouse
Your mythology is showing again. The flood was a fairy tale. Sure, there are floods, but not the biblical world wide job. THE flood didn't happen. If it did we would see debris piled up all over the world. We see debris piled up from the asteroid that hit in the Yucatan penninsula, 700 feet deep debris as far as Burmuda but no debris from a world wide flood.
Yes, there are. Do you know how fossils are formed? There have been fossils of fish found high in many of the mountains around the world. It has been a long time since this worldwide flood and plenty of time for these fossils to form. What were these fish doing in the high mountains if the seas had never covered them? The Grand Canyon shows many layers of sediment that have formed. Maybe you need to go see it for yourself.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/am/v3/n1/high-dry-sea-creatures

P.S. Why are you not at your job?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Aug 12

Yes, there are. Do you know how fossils are formed? There have been fossils of fish found high in many of the mountains around the world. It has been a long time since this worldwide flood and plenty of time for these fossils to form. What were these fish doing in the high mountains if the seas had never covered them? The Grand Canyon shows many layers ...[text shortened]... see it for yourself.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/am/v3/n1/high-dry-sea-creatures
Er, I have been to the GC and a lot of other places as well, I can see the sediment layers but they have been proven to have happened at wildly different time periods and I really don't need you to tell me again how nobody can date rocks and organics.

The GC came from the Colorado river and has taken something like 6 million years to cut that deep. If there was a world wide flood why aren't there a bunch more GC's in the area?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 Aug 12
1 edit

if i set fire to a maximum security prison and killed all the inmates would you think i was good or evil?

if i then tract down all the prisoners families, their wives and children and i set fire to them would i be good or evil?

do you agree with capital punishment in general or is it a right only god has?
You would be evil because you have no right to play God.
HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!

P.S. You are also too stupid to play God.

Moves
14 Aug 12

so it would only be evil because i was playing god, can i take from that you have no problem with the fact i set fire to people?

how do you know im too stupid to play god? for all you know i could be god........that would be awkward for you wouldnt it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 Aug 12

so it would only be evil because i was playing god, can i take from that you have no problem with the fact i set fire to people?

how do you know im too stupid to play god? for all you know i could be god........that would be awkward for you wouldnt it.
I am treating you like I would like to be treated if I were stupid enough to reject the gift of eternal life. You are just being stubborn and ornery.

Moves
14 Aug 12

I am treating you like I would like to be treated if I were stupid enough to reject the gift of eternal life. You are just being stubborn and ornery.
just to clarify - you have no problem with the concept of burning prisoners? but you dont want people to do it if they are acting like god?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Aug 12

People assume the right to play god all the time. They take the right to decide life and death, like a robber who is pissed you didn't have any money so he shoots you dead. That goes on all the time. They are playing god.