How many here want freedom FROM religion?

How many here want freedom FROM religion?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
13 Aug 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
So guys like Edward T. Babinski are going to hell, a fundamentalist evolution believer?

http://etb-darwin.blogspot.com/2012/03/christian-evolutionist-resources.html
“But when the king came in to see the guests, he saw a man there who did not have on a wedding garment. So he said to him, ‘Friend, how did you come in here without a wedding garment?’ And he was speechless. Then the king said to the servants, ‘Bind him hand and foot, take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

“For many are called, but few are chosen.”

(Matthew 22:11-13 NKJV)

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Aug 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
“But when the king came in to see the guests, he saw a man there who did not have on a wedding garment. So he said to him, ‘Friend, how did you come in here without a wedding garment?’ And he was speechless. Then the king said to the servants, ‘Bind him hand and foot, take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

“For many are called, but few are chosen.”

(Matthew 22:11-13 NKJV)
That is about as apropos to a response of my post as you typing in response about how great BMX bikers are.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 Aug 12

That is about as apropos to a response of my post as you typing in response about how great BMX bikers are.
Does that mean you do not get it? Let me put it this way. He does not have on the wedding garment and is not prepared for the wedding. He has been deceived by Satan that he can believe what the natural man believes. Do you get it now?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 Aug 12

Christian evolutionist is on the oxymoron list.

http://www.oxymoronlist.com/
I'm not an oxymoron.

There's a joke in here somewhere but I'm not going there.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Aug 12

Does that mean you do not get it? Let me put it this way. He does not have on the wedding garment and is not prepared for the wedding. He has been deceived by Satan that he can believe what the natural man believes. Do you get it now?
Maybe that's YOUR interpretation, but I see him as a real leader, willing to stick his neck out into territory not seen by fundamentalists before.

Since there is no actual Satan, he is just taking a step back and smelling the roses, something you would do well doing also. Escape your programming. Live in the actual world instead of contently referring to your god who will fix all the boo boo's.

Humans are the one's who will live or die on this planet by our own stupidity or creativity, could go either way.

One way or the other, there will be a tipping point in this drive for greater and greater population and greater and greater greed. There will be a reckoning for sure, but not one laid out by your god, but one laid out by our lack of intelligence if that is what happens, say 100, 200 years from now.

Or not, we could save it all and have cities on Mars and a planet around Alpha Centauri by then. Can go either way but for sure no god is going to step in and lend a hand. We live by the sword and/or die by the sword of technology.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 Aug 12

Originally posted by twhitehead
I was listing non-man made evils:
1. Horrendous acts committed by God.
2. Horrendous acts committed by 'angels' or other supernatural entities (Satan, demons etc).
3. Disease.
4. Natural disasters.
I did not say God caused 3. and 4. but I do say they are evil and I do say they are not man made.
Ok, let ME try to be more clear.

1. by who? I thought you didn't believe in God. Or is this example just convenient?

2. by who? I thought you didn't believe in these, either.

3. Really? Disease is "evil"? You know what causes disease, right? How can you call this "evil"?

4. Really? Natural disasters are "evil"? You know what causes natural disasters, right? How can you also call this "evil"? Seriously.

Not to mention that you are leading the witness by describing certain acts of God as being "horrendous". I wouldn't call any of them that. God has acted in the past to mete out His judgement upon Man, yes. If you had any idea what sin is, you wouldn't call these acts "horrendous" either. AGAIN, it is evil men who do evil things to call God's judgement upon themselves. However, your disbelief in God is causing you to not see the actions of these evil men as evil.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 Aug 12

Humans are the one's who will live or die on this planet by our own stupidity or creativity, could go either way.

One way or the other, there will be a tipping point in this drive for greater and greater population and greater and greater greed. There will be a reckoning for sure, but not one laid out by your god, but one laid out by our lack of intelli ...[text shortened]... s going to step in and lend a hand. We live by the sword and/or die by the sword of technology.
Quite right. We can accept Christ and live, or deny Christ and die. You're right in that it's all up to us.
One way or the other, there will be a tipping point in this drive for greater and greater population and greater and greater greed. There will be a reckoning for sure, but not one laid out by your god, but one laid out by our lack of intelligence if that is what happens, say 100, 200 years from now.
Unfortunately for you, God will beat you to the punch on this one. We don't have even 100 years left. The sands of the hourglass are running out, even as we speak.
Or not, we could save it all and have cities on Mars and a planet around Alpha Centauri by then. Can go either way but for sure no god is going to step in and lend a hand. We live by the sword and/or die by the sword of technology.
It took a little over 8.5 years after Kennedy's speech about going to the moon to actually get it done. At that rate, we could have had all these things you speak of already. We need to stop electing evil men of greed who cannot see beyond their own wallet. We have a chance this November to do this, but so far, it's even money that foolish people will still elect Romney. I still say we don't have 100 years to do these things though. We don't even have 50. The curtain is soon going to close on this sad tragedy. It's up to you to be ready for it when it does.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 Aug 12

Originally posted by Suzianne
Quite right. We can accept Christ and live, or deny Christ and die. You're right in that it's all up to us.
[quote]One way or the other, there will be a tipping point in this drive for greater and greater population and greater ...[text shortened]... on going to close on this sad tragedy. It's up to you to be ready for it when it does.
I don't understand what you think Obama has done for us. All the money he put out to help the green energy companies has ended in the companies going bankrupt and a loss of the taxpayers money with nothing to show for it. Do you know something that I have missed that makes him such a good President?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 Aug 12

Originally posted by Suzianne
I'm not an oxymoron.

There's a joke in here somewhere but I'm not going there.
Don't believe the deception. The following video series reveals that scientists even think evolution is wrong.

&feature=related

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 Aug 12

Scientists: The Theory of Evolution is wrong (part2)

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
14 Aug 12

You think so, huh?
Well, not for you. 😛

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 Aug 12

FOSSILS HAVE DISCREDITED EVOLUTION (part1)

&feature=fvwrel

FOSSILS HAVE DISCREDITED EVOLUTION (part2)

&feature=fvwrel

FOSSILS HAVE DISCREDITED EVOLUTION (part3)

&feature=relmfu

FOSSILS HAVE DISCREDITED EVOLUTION (part4)

&feature=relmfu

FOSSILS HAVE DISCREDITED EVOLUTION (part5)

&feature=relmfu

FOSSILS HAVE DISCREDITED EVOLUTION (part6)

&feature=relmfu

FOSSILS HAVE DISCREDITED EVOLUTION (part7)

&feature=relmfu

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Aug 12

FOSSILS HAVE DISCREDITED EVOLUTION (part1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snYXJBxTht4&feature=fvwrel

FOSSILS HAVE DISCREDITED EVOLUTION (part2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_C4HB1QEsk&feature=fvwrel

FOSSILS HAVE DISCREDITED EVOLUTION (part3)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nUfuNmmFVo&feature=relmfu

FOSSILS HAVE DISCREDITED EVOLUTION (p ...[text shortened]... HAVE DISCREDITED EVOLUTION (part7)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM8Uli45oh8&feature=relmfu
What a bunch of crap. Just slightly biased. Nothing changes? Just a bunch of unsubstantiated statements with no peer reviewed papers, talk, talk, talk.

Those so-called video's is just a guy talking his opinions and all the fancy video work doesn't help a bit. You might be impressed but of course you want to believe all the creationistic fairy tales.

Every single point this dude made is false. There is no science here, only an attempt, and a poor one at that, to discredit a science.

And that, not based on science, only on religion, and a fake man made one at that.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 Aug 12

What a bunch of crap. Just slightly biased. Nothing changes? Just a bunch of unsubstantiated statements with no peer reviewed papers, talk, talk, talk.

Those so-called video's is just a guy talking his opinions and all the fancy video work doesn't help a bit. You might be impressed but of course you want to believe all the creationistic fairy tales.

E ...[text shortened]... cience.

And that, not based on science, only on religion, and a fake man made one at that.
You did not really look at the videos. It is not based on religion for the information is the same information the scientist give for the fossil record. Even the erroneous million year ages are given. The only difference is that it is pointed out that all these fossils that are claimed to be millions of years old look exactly like the same creatures alive today. There is no evidence of any evolutionary change over these so-called millions of years.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Aug 12
2 edits

You did not really look at the videos. It is not based on religion for the information is the same information the scientist give for the fossil record. Even the erroneous million year ages are given. The only difference is that it is pointed out that all these fossils that are claimed to be millions of years old look exactly like the same creatures alive today. There is no evidence of any evolutionary change over these so-called millions of years.
Not based on religion? You godda be kidding. Creation was mentioned a dozen times even in the first video. You need to get out more.

He also tied the idea that life first started with inanimate matter becoming life in the first video but that is, which we have been screaming to you all along, a completely different science having NOTHING to do with evolution.

You might link the two together with all your might but wishful thinking is not science and neither is this so-called scientific piece of garbage.

And BTW, what the hell are you doing up so late? Shouldn't you be in bed with your meds?

I just can't sleep, have to get up in a couple of hours to drive to my job 80 miles away.