Hebrews 1:3

Hebrews 1:3

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Jan 20

@divegeester

Fantastically original !

F

Moves
06 Jan 20

@sonship said
@divegeester

Fantastically original !
Ten threads. Same pout.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Jan 20

@FMF

Take care of him FMF.

F

Moves
06 Jan 20

@sonship said
@FMF

Take care of him FMF.
When you're in this mode, it is probably you who needs someone to take care of you.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
06 Jan 20

@divegeester said
If you can read my post and reply to the explanation I've given it it's entirety rather than attempting to avoid it, it would be appreciated.
I did read your post in its entirety, and you're entirely wrong about the Godhead.

Now go read my reply to it and try to tell me where I'm wrong.

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
06 Jan 20

@sonship said
@divegeester

Fantastically original !
From you, its either copied diatribes or childish trolling.

Give it a rest.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Jan 20
4 edits

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

From you, its either copied diatribes or childish trolling.

Give it a rest.

Game is over. My point is made.

Now where were we?
Hebrews 1 shows the Son is Jehovah God by quoting among other things Psalm 102 that He is the eternal Creator.

No diatribes needed.
And NOBODY has a refutation of the fact. Including you wiseguy.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Jan 20

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Now, if I sent my representative to a meeting, he wouldn't 'become me.' He would only ever be my representative, a separate person in his own right. No?

Certain things are true of you and I which may not be true with the uncreated, infinite and eternal life - God.

I would think that that should be elementary.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Jan 20
2 edits

@sonship

Game is over. My point is made.

Now where were we?
Hebrews 1 shows the Son is Jehovah God by quoting among other things Psalm 102 that He is the eternal Creator.

Excuse me (or don't) - That point that Psalm 102 proved Jehovah was Jesus the Son of God was made in the thread on Jesus IS Jehovah not here.

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
06 Jan 20

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Now where were we?

No diatribes needed.
And NOBODY has a refutation of the fact. Including you wiseguy.
Hebrews 1 primarily exhorts Jesus’ standing as firstborn over all creation and how much more important he is than the angels, to the extent that he exactly represents God. (Hardly a ringing declaration that He is the same being as the father). It links to Colossians 1:15, NIV:

"The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation."

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Jan 20

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Hebrews 1 primarily exhorts Jesus’ standing as firstborn over all creation and how much more important he is than the angels, to the extent that he exactly represents God. (Hardly a ringing declaration that He is the same being as the father). It links to Colossians 1:15, NIV:

The issue here, getting serious now, is whether Paul meant that the FIRST created thing was Christ.

If you believe that that is what Paul MEANT then quite much elsewhere in the Bible has to be considered as a lie.

If you believe that Paul meant something different from the chronologically FIRST thing God created, then that agrees with many other passages.

If God created Christ in Colossians first of all else He created then John 1:1 lies - "the Word [was not] God". It was WITH God - A SOME POINT, But the Word was not God. He was not the same God with whom He was with.

YOU have to decide which you are going to believe.

It seems to me that you have three positions to decide upon:

1.) You believe that there never was, never is, never will be God.

2.) If there is God, Christ is the first THING He made. So no allegiance is necessary to Christ.

3.) Seeminigly, least desireable of all - the Christ is God and your Lord.

You Ghost, are a funny kind of Atheist. If the danger of the Lordship of Christ comes close, you'd rather throw your hat in with Arians, Moslems, Jehovah's Witnesses, or the Jews who rejected that Christ was "God with us" - Emmanuel.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 Jan 20

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
06 Jan 20

@sonship said

It seems to me that you have three positions to decide upon:

1.) You believe that there never was, never is, never will be God.

2.) If there is God, Christ is the first THING He made. So no allegiance is necessary to Christ.

3.) Seeminigly, least desireable of all - the Christ is God and your Lord.

You Ghost, are a funny kind of Atheis ...[text shortened]... ehovah's Witnesses, or the Jews who rejected that Christ was "God with us" - Emmanuel.
Actually, I pick an amalgamation of 1 and 2.

As an atheist, I obviously believe there never has been a God, but as an academic am still able to objectively decipher the meaning of religious texts, such as the bible. In doing this with Hebrews 1, I conclude that Jesus was indeed the first thing made by God (the firstborn over all creation) but this does not equate as 'no allegiance is necessary to Christ.' After all, Jesus tells us in John 14:6 that 'No one can come to the Father except through me.'

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 Jan 20

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke
My point is made.
This would make a change.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Jan 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said

Firstborn is a right in a lineage, not just an order of birth. Coupled with all the other things written about Christ, He is not a created being. Everything not God was made/created by God, and there was nothing made without Christ.