1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Jan '20 16:17
    @kellyjay said
    Another thing about this, the exact representation of His being would mean it is precisely through and through. The universe cannot contain God, or God's glory, so this statement is quite a statement of truth in who Jesus is. God sent Jesus to our world as a man; this was new for our benefit entirely and out of God's love for us. Jesus, in terms we could understand human ones, revealed God in a way no prophets could with words or deeds.
    What is “the name” of the Father, and of the son and of the Holy Spirit?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Jan '20 16:245 edits
    @KellyJay

Jesus didn't forsake Himself on the cross,

That is true. Neither should we go beyond the Scripture to say that the Father died on the cross. But all three of the Trinity were involved.

For where any One of the three are at work the other two are involved.

Jesus also didn't say I cannot come to us as the Holy Spirit until He as the Son leaves.

For fellowships sake how do you feel about John 16:7.
    Jesus said it is expedient the He go away that the Spirit would come.

"But I tell you the truth, It is expedient for you that I go away; for if I do not go away; the Comforter will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you." (16:7)

What is your feeling about that verse?

Jesus didn't send Himself as the Father, than talk to Himself saying this is my Son while appearing as the Holy Spirit in the shape of a dove. A lot of hoops have to be jumped through attempting to claim there isn't three distinct persons in God in scriptures.

I do not argue about these statements. No one said the bible is always easy to understand.

As long as you believe that the Word was with God and the Word was God (John 1:1) the world is liable to ask "What on earth are you talking about Christian ??"

Yes there is certainly distinction. But that is SAID should always be left to what is SAID - the child is called Mighty God. The Son given is called Eternal Father.

Now I cannot find a verse saying the Father died on the cross. So I will not say the Father died on the cross.

But for that absence I am NOT willing to erase from my bible that the Son given is called eternal Father.

Do you understand? What is SAID has preeminence. I think James White of Alpha and Omega Ministries puts it sola scriptura and toto scriptura.

So if we be pressed "Man, if the Son is the Father then the Father died on the cross crying out to Himself My God why have you forsaken Me."

I humbly admit that I can find not passage saying definitely that the Father went to Calvary to be crucified. But for that sake I am NOT willing to take scissors and splice out of the page of Isaiah 9:6 that the Son given is called Eternal Father.

I am willing to bear the ridicule or shame, if there be shame, for saying "AMEN" to whatever the word of God says.

In the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit speaks to God who is wholly and completely in harmony. God being one is God in harmony, He isn't conflicted or divided anywhere at any time in any way. Except when Jesus became sin for us.

One eternal being God, three distinct persons in loving harmony.

Thankyou. Tell me more. And don't forget to tell me something about the SWEETNESS ... the utter SWEETNESS of Jesus !
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Jan '20 17:272 edits
    @sonship said
    @KellyJay

Jesus didn't forsake Himself on the cross,

That is true. Neither should we go beyond the Scripture to say that the Father died on the cross. But all three of the Trinity were involved.

For where any One of the three are at work the other two are involved.

[quote]
    Jesus also didn't say I cannot come to us as the Holy Spirit until He a ...[text shortened]... more. And don't forget to tell me something about the SWEETNESS ... the utter SWEETNESS of Jesus !
    I understand the Trinity is difficult, we are talking about God, and God, unlike the things of this universe, is not part of it, but above it all, so all of our examples are always going to be taking something known to us, to talk about someone who is beyond us, every example will fail on many levels. For me the most important thing about God is that He is personable.

Our walk with God, and the gospel teaches us that it is all on God we must put our faith in Him. God is not trying to make bad people good, He is making people dead in sins alive unto Him, with man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible, the righteous shall live by faith!

I'm 63 now, I became a Christian at 25 and I tell you, you are absolutely correct, God is the best part of Christianity, nothing and no one is better! The thing about becoming a Christian, it is like wearing shoes that will correct your posture, it is painful at first, but closer you get to walking correctly the better you feel. For me the most important things about God is that He is personal, He speaks to us, He sets up laws, He reveals Himself to us through revelation. When in the book of 2 Corinthians tells us to test ourselves to see if Christ is in us or our faith is in vain, or that we need the Spirit of God or we don't belong to God, or that if we deny the Son we don't have the Father. It is a personal thing between us and God if it isn't than we are missing out, literally on the greatest thing that there is, God is good, right, just, love, all that He is, He is the ultimate of these things, nothing He has made is better than Him so He sharing Himself with us is giving us the best there is.

There is not a check list of do this and not that to become, there are no scales to see if our good works out weigh our bad, it is Jesus Christ our propitiation, our redeemer, or we die in our sins, He is the only Way, a way not made because we were such great thing to have, no, because He loves us, a much surer foundation than our own worth before God.

2 Corinthians 13:5
    Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you fail to meet the test!

Romans 8:9
    You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.

1 John 2:23
    No one who denies the Son has the Father. Whoever confesses the Son has the Father also.
  4. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    03 Jan '20 18:15
    @divegeester said
    Not according to sonship who has claimed that “Jesus and Jehovah are the same”.
    They are.
  5. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    03 Jan '20 18:21
    @divegeester said
    And what is “the name” of the Father, and of the son and of the Holy Spirit?
    The Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit are one and the same person, and yet are three distinct personalities.

"Let us create man in our own image, after our likeness,.."

God wasn't talking to the angels because none of them were created in the image of God.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Jan '20 20:381 edit
    @secondson said
    The Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit are one and the same person, and yet are three distinct personalities.

God wasn't talking to the angels because none of them were created in the image of God.
    I would say one in the same Being. Saying person and personality, is like using the same word to say two different things which is confusing. One Being, and three personalities, or One Being and three persons is the same thing, while saying person and three different people would be a contradiction.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    03 Jan '20 21:31
    @kellyjay said
    I would say one in the same Being. Saying person and personality, is like using the same word to say two different things which is confusing. One Being, and three personalities, or One Being and three persons is the same thing, while saying person and three different people would be a contradiction.
    Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised, and his greatness is unsearchable.

(Ps. 145:3)

The bearer of a finite mind, why are you even attempting to explain the unknowable?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Jan '20 21:35
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised, and his greatness is unsearchable.

(Ps. 145:3)

The bearer of a finite mind, why are you even attempting to explain the unknowable?
    What is unknowable are those things God has not revealed to us, while He has shown us quite a bit about Himself, through revelation, and in the person of Jesus Christ.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Jan '20 23:45
    @KellyJay

That was wonderfully edifying and encouraging to me.
    But I will have to continue latter.

Thankyou. Christ is the Living Lord and personable Savior.
    Amen.

He is too good to not be true.
  10. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    04 Jan '20 00:33
    @kellyjay said
    I would say one and the same being.

I'm not confused, but words can be confusing, especially when trying to describe the infinite.

3 are 1 and 1 are 3. Who can understand that? Just as I am body, soul and spirit, God is Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Jan '20 01:04
    @SecondSon

Just as I am body, soul and spirit, God is Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

This is a great admission.
    Have you found your human spirit yet?

I doctrinally agreed that I was spirit and soul and body (1 Thess. 5:23). But it was a whole new world when I was actually able to discern my human spirit.

Have you found your human spirit where the Spirit of Jesus is yet ?

We stumble upon our spirit here and there. But what a world of difference it makes to know that you can exercise your spirit to enjoy the Lord within.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jan '20 01:30
    @secondson said

13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jan '20 01:31
    @sonship said
    @SecondSon
    Have you found your human spirit yet?
    I doctrinally agreed that I was spirit and soul and body (1 Thess. 5:23). But it was a whole new world when I was actually able to discern my human spirit.
    Have you found your human spirit where the Spirit of Jesus is yet ? We stumble upon our spirit here and there. But what a world of difference it makes to know that you can exercise your spirit to enjoy the Lord within.
    What is this mumbo-jumbo?
  14. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    04 Jan '20 02:02
    @divegeester said
    God has many names.
  15. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    04 Jan '20 02:13
    @sonship said
    Have you found your human spirit where the Spirit of Jesus is yet ?
    Yes. The moment I was saved back in 1982.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree