Has the generation of 1914 passed away?

Has the generation of 1914 passed away?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L

Moves
24 May 12

Originally posted by galveston75
He has no answers as we can all see.
http://www.jehovahswitnesstruth.com/1914.htm

Look at the section that deals with "The Generation" and look at how your organization has approached this question over time. Shameful.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 May 12

Originally posted by LemonJello
http://www.jehovahswitnesstruth.com/1914.htm

Look at the section that deals with "The Generation" and look at how your organization has approached this question over time. Shameful.
Oh boy. This is getting really old but I'll ask one more time and this is to you. Who are these people this "generation" is speaking about in the Bible that Jesus was speaking of? Again was it to, the population as a whole or to a specific group? Who was he speaking to then, the public as a whole or to whom?
This is where the answer is at....

L

Moves
24 May 12

Oh boy. This is getting really old but I'll ask one more time and this is to you. Who are these people this "generation" is speaking about in the Bible that Jesus was speaking of? Again was it to, the population as a whole or to a specific group? Who was he speaking to then, the public as a whole or to whom?
This is where the answer is at....
I repeat: look at the way you guys have approached this exact subject of "the generation" over time. Shameful.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
24 May 12

Isn't "Awake" considered a standard of God's truth within the JW organisation?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 May 12
1 edit

Originally posted by LemonJello
I repeat: look at the way you guys have approached this exact subject of "the generation" over time. Shameful.
If your'e not going to respond to my questions and tell me your viewpint on this subject then I'm waisting my time as usual..

Avoiding the question? I can understand why as you have no answer it seems just as FMF didn't.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 May 12

Originally posted by divegeester
Isn't "Awake" considered a standard of God's truth within the JW organisation?
We try to state what we believe at any given time to be God's information to us. The Awake also covers other wordly issues such as the condition of the planet with many issues. We try to get the most accurate information we can from many sources. Sometimes those sources are not correct and we have from time to time have stated that info was wrong.
NO human is perfect and we all make mistakes including you.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 May 12

My last try.........Who is the "generation" Jesus spoke of????????????????

If you don't have an answer then why this attack and putting us down for making mistakes in our understanding of the scriptures from time to time? All I see from anyone here is a complete lack of understanding of these scriptures or else someone would be answering this simple question............ We know the answer, why doesn't anyone else? No clue? In the dark? Speak up if you do...............

F

Moves
24 May 12

We know the answer, why doesn't anyone else? No clue? In the dark? Speak up if you do...............
If you know the answer why don't you tell us?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 May 12

Originally posted by FMF
If you know the answer why don't you tell us?
So your'e asking me tells me you don't? Correct?

Moves
24 May 12

We have never prophesied one thing in our history. We have voiced our opinion by what we have understood from the Bible about the future. We have been wrong at times and have openly stated that.
If ones have not been able to accept that and realize that we are at least trying to figure it out where most other religions are just ignoring those parts of ...[text shortened]... igns that we are to watch out for, figure out and see with God's help and in God's own time.
Sometimes I wonder whether there will be people saying that we are in the special time period that Jesus said to be to be learning and aware of, 100,000 years from now. This is if nothing happens that ends the special time we are in, before then.

Of course, every person lives in a special time -- the time that is special in that he or she lives during it. And that time does end. (I speak of living this earthly live as it is now -- these things can be clumsy to talk about.)

F

Moves
24 May 12

So your'e asking me tells me you don't? Correct?
Why are you prevaricating?

F

Moves
24 May 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
we dont produce prophecies, the watchtower is not inspired...
And yet galveston75 clearly claimed that your publications were "God inspired" on a thread here about a month ago. If galveston75 suggested that the Watchtower is divinely "inspired", would you say that galveston75 has got it wrong?

Moves
24 May 12

My last try.........Who is the "generation" Jesus spoke of????????????????

If you don't have an answer then why this attack and putting us down for making mistakes in our understanding of the scriptures from time to time? All I see from anyone here is a complete lack of understanding of these scriptures or else someone would be answering this simple ...[text shortened]... the answer, why doesn't anyone else? No clue? In the dark? Speak up if you do...............
This squabble over the meaning of "generation" reminds me of a line from the movie The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, that goes "Everything will be all right in the end... if it's not all right, then it's not the end."

Is this too subtle?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
25 May 12

Originally posted by FMF
Why are you prevaricating?
I'm simply asking you a question so I will take that as a no.

If you go to your Bible, and I hope you do if you are seriously wanting to learn, and go to Matthew Mark and Luke you will see Jesus is speaking of a generation of people that will not pass away until these things happen.
He never said this applied to all humans but he was speaking to his chosen ones or the original group of the anointed at that time. These are the ones that Jesus hand picked to join him in heaven at a later time after their death to be judges that will be along side Jesus when this judging work takes place of all humans on earth after armegeddon.
And, these chosen ones that will be with Jesus have lived all thru the time period after Jesus died and many are still alive today.
Most are getting up in age but they are still here and this makes this scripture of them not passing away very valid.
The "great tribulation" that the Bible speaks of before Armegeddon starts has not happened yet. So that would show they are still on this earth or else that "great tribulation" would have started.
IF you are interested in the scriptures that show this, I'll take the time to post them. If you are not interested, don't waist my time. You decide.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
25 May 12

Originally posted by JS357
This squabble over the meaning of "generation" reminds me of a line from the movie The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, that goes "Everything will be all right in the end... if it's not all right, then it's not the end."

Is this too subtle?
So is it open to just anyones opinion or did Jesus have a specific meaning behind that statement? Was he just speaking to be speaking or is this an important issue?