Has the generation of 1914 passed away?

Has the generation of 1914 passed away?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
24 May 12

Originally posted by FMF
Well if you'd answer questions consistently it would enhance this discussion, that much is clear. It was Jesus' prophecy but the JW organisation added the specific "1914" to it; and then removed the specific "1914" from it in 1995?
"The 2,520 years began in October 607 B.C.E., when Jerusalem fell to the
Babylonians and the Davidic king was taken off his throne. The period ended in
October 1914. At that time, “the appointed times of the nations” ended, and Jesus
Christ was installed as God’s heavenly King.*—Psalm 2:1-6; Daniel 7:13, 14.

"Just as Jesus predicted, his “presence” as heavenly King has been marked by
dramatic world developments—war, famine, earthquakes, pestilences. (Matthew
24:3-8; Luke 21:11) Such developments bear powerful testimony to the fact that
1914 indeed marked the birth of God’s heavenly Kingdom and the beginning of “the
last days” of this present wicked system of things.—2 Timothy 3:1-5."

what is it about this that yet evades you? we did not add or invent the year 1914 it
has as its basis a Biblical prophecy based on chronology, as the texts explains.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 May 12

Originally posted by FMF
It wasn't about "a" generation, it was about the "the generation that saw the events of 1914".
Ok, AGAIN I ask, who is this generation? Until you know that, those statements will not make sense to you.
Who was Jesus speaking of?

F

Moves
24 May 12

Originally posted by galveston75
Ok, AGAIN I ask, who is this generation? Until you know that, those statements will not make sense to you.
Who was Jesus speaking of?
The prophesy was made in your organisation's magazine based on your organisation's interpretation of scripture that did not mention "the generation that saw the events of 1914" - perhaps you should explain it.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 May 12

Originally posted by FMF
The prophesy was made in your organisation's magazine based on your organisation's interpretation of scripture that did not mention "the generation that saw the events of 1914" - perhaps you should explain it.
Geeeez man. Answer my question..............

F

Moves
24 May 12

Parts have [come true] but not all yet. ..
Which parts have come true? And when will the remainder come true?

F

Moves
24 May 12

Geeeez man. Answer my question..............
The prophesy was made in your organisation's magazine and the mention of "the generation that saw the events of 1914" was made by your organisation - perhaps you should answer the question.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 May 12

Originally posted by FMF
Which parts have come true? And when will the remainder come true?
Look up that link and see if you can figure it out. C ya later.....

Ro

Moves
24 May 12

Did you look up that link? If your not really trying to understand should I continue with this discussion?
Well, I have read the link which sets out clearly why 1914 is an important date. I can't see any explanation as to why the prophesy should be completed before everyone around in 1914 dies.

In which case, do you accept that the writers simply erred in suggesting this time limit.

Or is there another explanation for what seems a clear statement of belief that these events would come to a conclusion within this period?

F

Moves
24 May 12
3 edits

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
we did not add or invent the year 1914 it has as its basis a Biblical prophecy based on chronology, as the texts explains.
Well you quoted Daniel, Psalms, Matthew, Luke, Timothy and none of them included the date "1914". You said the JW organisation did not add the date "1914" but actually it went further and referenced "the generation that saw the events of 1914" passing away. There it is in Awake!

Ro

Moves
24 May 12
1 edit

Look up that link and see if you can figure it out. C ya later.....
I have read it again. Again I can't see any indication for when the last days will come to an end.

In which case, is it not simply the case that Awake made a mistake in putting this time limit on this? Which seems to be supported by the changes that were later made.

Other that this I an afraid I can't see how the link explains what the original quote from Awake appears to be saying.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
24 May 12

Originally posted by Rajk999
The same reason why a fisherman would not tell you that his fish is rotten.

Mark 13:22-23 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect. But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

Christ warned us about false prophets like them, so beware.
and the old testament predicts false prophets like christ and warns against them, so ithat's tit for tat.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
24 May 12

Originally posted by FMF
Well you quoted Daniel, Psalms, Matthew, Luke, Timothy and none of them included the date "1914". You said the JW organisation did not add the date "1914" but actually it went further and referenced "the generation that saw the events of 1914" passing away. There it is in Awake!
reminds me of christ's failed prophecy of (paraphrased) "this generation shall not pass away till all be fulfilled.."

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 May 12

Originally posted by Rank outsider
Well, I have read the link which sets out clearly why 1914 is an important date. I can't see any explanation as to why the prophesy should be completed before everyone around in 1914 dies.

In which case, do you accept that the writers simply erred in suggesting this time limit.

Or is there another explanation for what seems a clear statement of belief that these events would come to a conclusion within this period?
It's not referring to everyone. It doesn't say that. Who was Jesus talking to when he made that statement? Everyone? No he wasn't.

F

Moves
24 May 12

It's not referring to everyone. It doesn't say that. Who was Jesus talking to when he made that statement? Everyone? No he wasn't.
Does "the generation that saw the events of 1914" refer to ""the generation that saw the events of 1914"?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 May 12
1 edit

I've been asking questions to try to get a few here to think and maybe look up the info that's been posted but some don't want to take the time to do that for some reason so lets clear this up.
As has been more then clearly explained in many other post here at RHP by Robbie and myself is none of God's followers have ever had the thoughts expressed in the Bible by God correct. None of his followers before Jesus were ever 100% correct in their understandings as well as none of the apostles or diciples. The only man to ever walk on this planet to know all that God let him know and was 100% correct on it was Jesus.
So for the comments made by RAJK that we are not God's people because we have not always had the correct understanding of ALL the Bible is just stupid and he knows it.
He is not correct on many, many things but he seems to think that condemns us just as that should condemn him too. Right? Whatever.
Anyway the Bible cleary says that as time goes on thru our existance as humans that our understanding of the Bible would get clearer and clearer.
So as time has gone on it becomes clearer to us what these prophecies mean. So as time goes by and in God's own time table he shares with us these answers and we accept that.
Nothing on this planet that man is behind is ever 100% correct. Not science, governments, medicine, etc, etc.