Has the generation of 1914 passed away?

Has the generation of 1914 passed away?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
24 May 12

Originally posted by Rajk999
Google it. Its a funny story.
That was a joke. I did google it. Nice house though.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 May 12
2 edits

Originally posted by LemonJello
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eschatology_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses

If this is an accurate account, then all I can say is WOW! That is a dismal track record if there has ever been a dismal track record. Your group should consider getting out of the eschatological prediction business. You know, get a new shtick or something.
Again I keep asking and no one yet has shown in print that we have prophesied about anything? I'm still waiting.
And going back to the original post..who is this generation Jesus was speaking of? No answers there yet either. Why not? No clue?

Moves
24 May 12

Originally posted by galveston75
Again I keep asking and no one yet has shown in print that we have prophesied about anything? I'm still waiting.
And going back to the original post..who is this generation Jesus was speaking of? No answers there yet either. Why not? No clue?
This is a useful addendum to the thread. I take it to mean that we should not look at any statement coming from the Jehovah's Witnesses as a prophecy. Maybe anything we might mistake to be a prophesy of the organization, should be taken to be a wish or desire of the individual persons who wrote and published it. But this last comment is subject to revision.

It would be good if there was a disclaimer to that effect in the publications, like you see when a DVD movie starts up.

Cheers.

L

Moves
24 May 12
3 edits

You're obviously a bit confused. I never implied that the issue concerns your prophesying per se. The issue concerns your chronological eschatological predictions and expectations, based on (or extrapolated from or whatever have you) putative prophecies contained in some book. Problem is, your track record at this clearly blows. You say you guys are getting better over time. Well, the track record does not support that.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 May 12

Originally posted by JS357
This is a useful addendum to the thread. I take it to mean that we should not look at any statement coming from the Jehovah's Witnesses as a prophecy. Maybe anything we might mistake to be a prophesy of the organization, should be taken to be a wish or desire of the individual persons who wrote and published it. But this last comment is subject to revision.
...[text shortened]... claimer to that effect in the publications, like you see when a DVD movie starts up.

Cheers.
We have never prophesied one thing in our history. We have voiced our opinion by what we have understood from the Bible about the future. We have been wrong at times and have openly stated that.
If ones have not been able to accept that and realize that we are at least trying to figure it out where most other religions are just ignoring those parts of the bible that they don't understand and then give up and get mad, that is truly sad. We would prefer that they have the patience that is needed to give God the time that is required to have him fully reveal those issues to us.
The option is to just give up and join any other religion that has also given up on learning and being aware of this time period we are in just as Jesus said to do.
If Jesus had wanted us to have all the answers and dates, he would have stated them when on earth. He didn't for a reason but instead gave signs that we are to watch out for, figure out and see with God's help and in God's own time.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 May 12

You're obviously a bit confused. I never implied that the issue concerns your prophesying per se. The issue concerns your chronological eschatological predictions and expectations, based on (or extrapolated from or whatever have you) putative prophecies contained in some book. Problem is, your track record at this clearly blows. You say you guys are getting better over time. Well, the track record does not support that.
We've known almost from the beginning of our existance what the year 1914 meant. I would say we've done very good on figuring out what the bibles descriptions were on this date and what it means. Sorry no other religions can figure that out.
If you or anyone here has another explination of Daniels prophecy on this. I'm listening.

rc

Moves
24 May 12
2 edits

Indeed Gman, if anyone has a better understanding of these things, then let it be
heard, who or what is the generation referred to by Christ.

L

Moves
24 May 12

We have never prophesied one thing in our history. We have voiced our opinion by what we have understood from the Bible about the future. We have been wrong at times and have openly stated that.
If ones have not been able to accept that and realize that we are at least trying to figure it out where most other religions are just ignoring those parts of ...[text shortened]... igns that we are to watch out for, figure out and see with God's help and in God's own time.
So your track record blows in part because Jesus sees reason to confound your efforts on this? Darn that Jesus! Darn him for making the events in the prophecies so difficult for you guys to pinpoint on your calendars!

rc

Moves
24 May 12

So your track record blows in part because Jesus sees reason to confound your efforts on this? Darn that Jesus! Darn him for making the events in the prophecies so difficult for you guys to pinpoint on your calendars!
perhaps you can do better, then here is your chance to prove it.

L

Moves
24 May 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
perhaps you can do better, then here is your chance to prove it.
I already understand there are no good reasons to take any of the eschatological talk seriously in the first place. My advice to you is not to try to do better. My advice is to just get a whole new shtick!

rc

Moves
24 May 12

I already understand there are no good reasons to take any of the eschatological talk seriously in the first place. My advice to you is not to try to do better. My advice is to just get a whole new shtick!
thanks well do that and now here is your chance to elucidate these things for us, after
all, anyone that can hand out unsolicited advice they way you can , would surely be
able to offer some insights into the intricacies of these elements and their details, or is
opinion the only currency you recognise? You have after all be very free with your
opinions, so lets hear your opinion on just who or what the generation Christ was
referring to actually is.

L

Moves
24 May 12

thanks well do that and now here is your chance to elucidate these things for us, after
all, anyone that can hand out unsolicited advice they way you can , would surely be
able to offer some insights into the intricacies of these elements and their details, or is
opinion the only currency you recognise? You have after all be very free with yo ...[text shortened]... lets hear your opinion on just who or what the generation Christ was
referring to actually is.
Hmmm...I guess your reading comprehension leaves something to be desired.

rc

Moves
24 May 12
2 edits

Hmmm...I guess your reading comprehension leaves something to be desired.
no i am not asking whether you take them seriously, i am asking for your opinion on
what they actually mean, this is clearly distinct from whether you think they are valid
or not, perhaps I had not made that clear enough, although the details might have been
deduced from the actual question and not some irrelevancy like whether you take them
seriously or not.

L

Moves
24 May 12

no i am not asking whether you take them seriously, i am asking for your opinion on
what they actually mean, this is clearly distinct from whether you think they are valid
or not, perhaps I had not made that clear enough, although the details might have been
deduced from the actual question and not some irrelevancy like whether you take them
seriously or not.
I'm afraid I do not understand your question. What I do understand, and what is actually relevant to the current thread, is that your organization's track record at chronological eschatological prediction is rather laughable. Is this line of questioning, supposing you were to clarify further and we continue on it, going to be relevant to this?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 May 12

seriously or not.
He has no answers as we can all see.