Has the generation of 1914 passed away?

Has the generation of 1914 passed away?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
24 May 12

Originally posted by FMF
That the 'Creator' promised "a peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away".
Just give Obama 4 more years!! πŸ˜•

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 May 12

Originally posted by galveston75
.. So for the comments made by RAJK that we are not God's people because we have not always had the correct understanding of ALL the Bible is just stupid and he knows it. He is not correct on many, many things but he seems to think that condemns us just as that should condemn him too. Right? ...
The WT have made claims that they are GODS CHOSEN ORGANISATION. Yet the WT cannot procduce one single solitary correct prophecy or prediction.

So its not that the WT are not 100% correct. Its that the WT are 0% [ZERO] correct or 100% wrong in all their prophesying. You are part of a failed organisation.

God is laughing at WT .. Act 2:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

So God has granted many of his followers the ability to prophesy, however not the JWs .. πŸ˜€ .. that's interesting.

Me? I have never claimed to be Gods chosen organisation. I have never prophesied anything.

Moves
24 May 12

Originally posted by FMF
Does "the generation that saw the events of 1914" refer to ""the generation that saw the events of 1914"?
id give you a hundred thumbs up if i could for sticking at it despite the jw's reducing the thread to a hybrid mix of kafka's 'the trial' and a monty-python sketch.

rc

Moves
24 May 12
3 edits

Originally posted by stellspalfie
id give you a hundred thumbs up if i could for sticking at it despite the jw's reducing the thread to a hybrid mix of kafka's 'the trial' and a monty-python sketch.
stick to sucking thumbs, licking stamps and kissing FMFs butt and let those with real
Biblical knowledge exercise their expertise. πŸ˜›

Ro

Moves
24 May 12
1 edit

I've been asking questions to try to get a few here to think and maybe look up the info that's been posted but some don't want to take the time to do that for some reason so lets clear this up.
As has been more then clearly explained in many other post here at RHP by Robbie and myself is none of God's followers have ever had the thoughts expressed in et that man is behind is ever 100% correct. Not science, governments, medicine, etc, etc.
I only relatively recently joined in these type of discussions, so I don't have the background others have. However, as you know, I have been concerned at the vitriol that has been thrown at you and Robbie based on the flimsiest of evidence (if it can be called that).

So, if I understand you correctly, the original quote from Awake was an imperfect understanding of the Bible. The subsequent correction was an attempt to make it less imperfect. However, all understanding of the Bible is, to some extent, imperfect and becomes (hopefully) less so over time. Which I suppose is why the JWs are so keen to encourage Bible study.

As I said, I can't see anything in the analysis you provided that suggested that there was any precise time limit on when prophesy would be fulfilled. So it is not that the prophesy was flawed, but the interpretation of it was inaccurate.

Is that a fair reflection?

rc

Moves
24 May 12
1 edit

The WT have made claims that they are GODS CHOSEN ORGANISATION. Yet the WT cannot procduce one single solitary correct prophecy or prediction.

So its not that the WT are not 100% correct. Its that the WT are 0% [ZERO] correct or 100% wrong in all their prophesying. You are part of a failed organisation.

God is laughing at WT .. Act 2:18 And .

Me? I have never claimed to be Gods chosen organisation. I have never prophesied anything.
we dont produce prophecies, the watchtower is not inspired, Christ apostles also made
many mistakes, your point is? that is correct, the product of wilful ignorance, you
have not yet produced one bone fide post but have taken quotations out of context,
from articles that you have not read and produced not one shred of evidence to back
up any one of your claims, shall we revisit the thread where you were asked to
produce evidence of,

a doctored translation, manipulation and brainwashing and a whole host of other
unsubstantiated assertions, you have no credibility here.

rc

Moves
24 May 12

Originally posted by Rank outsider
I only relatively recently joined in these type of discussions, so I don't have the background others have. However, as you know, I have been concerned at the vitriol that has been thrown at you and Robbie based on the flimsiest of evidence (if it can be called that).

So, if I understand you correctly, the original quote from Awake was an imperfe ...[text shortened]... rophesy was flawed, but the interpretation of it was inaccurate.

Is that a fair reflection?
yes this is a fair reflection, many of our beliefs and doctrines have undergone revision
and amendments when something came to light which we previously understood but
has been proven upon further inspection to have been inaccurate.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 May 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999

God is laughing at WT .. [i]Act 2:18 And .

Lol. Nothing about us has failed as we are the only people making an effort and being blessed by our efforts from Jehovah.
No man or organization is perfect and you know that. We have never claimed to be perfect on any level and your'e a fool for thinking we have made that claim or for thinking that anyone that God uses on this planet is perfect.
Look at your stand on not being a part of anything but your own opinions which mean nothing with God. He is not looking for opinions but only ones who are patient and willing to learn and to be corrected when they are wrong. I don't see that in you on any level.

The point is we have never "prophecied" anything but only have suggested thru trial and error and learning what the Bible says about the time period we all live in. This is a subject that most religions totally ignor because they have no clue and this is a direct result becasue God has not let them learn just as you yourself have no clue..

No different the a hurricane. The weather service never has a 100% idea on where the storm will land and when but can only give general warnings. But the signs of it's coming are clear and that is what we are making clear to all that care about this time we live in. The Bible says that "only God knows the time".
If you don't care for the warnings and don't care to warn others, that is not my problem.........

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 May 12

Lol. Nothing about us has failed as we are the only people making an effort and being blessed by our efforts from Jehovah.
No man or organization is perfect and you know that. We have never claimed to be perfect on any level and your'e a fool for thinking we have made that claim or for thinking that anyone that God uses on this planet is perfect.
Lo ...[text shortened]... 't care for the warnings and don't care to warn others, that is not my problem.........
You are laughing ? Beth Sarim .. thats the greatest laugh of all.

For those who dont know, google it to see the most hilarious prediction of the JWs of all time πŸ˜€

Ro

Moves
24 May 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
yes this is a fair reflection, many of our beliefs and doctrines have undergone revision
Thanks Robbie

As far as I can see, this brings the thread to a close.

But I suspect this may not be the case.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 May 12

For those who dont know, google it to see the most hilarious prediction of the JWs of all time πŸ˜€
Yes, at you.....

Moves
24 May 12

stick to sucking thumbs, licking stamps and kissing FMFs butt and let those with real
Biblical knowledge exercise their expertise. πŸ˜›
id try and kiss your butt robbie but galvestons got his head stuck up there and wont come out. πŸ˜€

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
24 May 12

Never met herπŸ™‚

L

Moves
24 May 12

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eschatology_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses

If this is an accurate account, then all I can say is WOW! That is a dismal track record if there has ever been a dismal track record. Your group should consider getting out of the eschatological prediction business. You know, get a new shtick or something.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 May 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
Never met herπŸ™‚
Google it. Its a funny story.