Guidance on communication

Guidance on communication

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jan 22

@suzianne said
You can always read about David and realize that you can be a dick and still be favored by God.
Because David repented. And trusted God.

And he was a heck of a Psalm writer.

And he trusted God enough to go up against Goliath when no one else would.

But yeah, what he did to Uriah and Bathsheba was pretty bad.

But he wound up writing a Psalm about it (I think Psalm 51.)

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Jan 22

@suzianne said
That's a whole lot of assumption.

I know that you pile all this on your side of the scales, and I realize you need a thumb leaning on your side of the scales, but still, that's a whole lot of assumption.
Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.(1 Timothy 2:11-15 KJV)

I will translate :
Shut up
Go home and cook
Make some children
Maybe then you will be saved
If you behave yourself

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
[i]Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with so ...[text shortened]... t up
Go home and cook
Make some children
If you behave yourself[/b]
More loving thy neighbor?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
[i]Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with so ...[text shortened]... t up
Go home and cook
Make some children
If you behave yourself[/b]
This is why I rarely engage with you, you're not worth it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jan 22

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Jan 22
1 edit

@suzianne said
This is why I rarely engage with you, you're not worth it.
What part of shut up and go home and ask your husband do you not understand. Paul knew that there are many women like you who should not speak. You write stuff and its 90% nonsense. Mind you there are women worth listening to but you not in that league. So I would be thankful if you do not engage me.... period. Go engage with the little boy Christians around here.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jan 22
1 edit

@rajk999 said
What part of shut up and go home and ask your husband do you not understand. Paul knew that there are many women like you who should not speak. You write stuff and its 90% nonsense. Mind you there are women worth listening to but you not in that league. So I would be thankful if you do not engage me.... period. Go engage with the little boy Christians around here.
“Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

This is the first and great commandment.

And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.”

(Matthew 22:37-39)

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
10 Jan 22

@suzianne said
The sarcasm is strong in this one.
I try.

I just want you to know, suzianne, that even after all these years I have great respect and admiration, even though I may disagree with you about some things, for your sincerity and forthrightness.

You are genuine. I hope you feel the same about me.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Jan 22

@josephw said
I try.

I just want you to know, suzianne, that even after all these years I have great respect and admiration, even though I may disagree with you about some things, for your sincerity and forthrightness.

You are genuine. I hope you feel the same about me.
I suspect that depends what political party you belong to and how many positions of the hard left you agree with.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
10 Jan 22

@suzianne said
You can always read about David and realize that you can be a dick and still be favored by God.
Thank you for that. I am glad to know that you understand what I mean.

I've always felt that way about you, even when I've disagreed with some of the things you infer.

Life can be complicated can't it?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
10 Jan 22

@suzianne said
Well, only if everyone gets that point.

And thus why, at least in this forum, one often has to resort to the obvious.

There's very little effort put into looking past that.
lol The thing I've always admired about you is the plain fact that you are so much more astute than I.

Why is everything so complicated?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
10 Jan 22

@suzianne said
Really, we got it the first time.
Again, I can always count on you to see through my guise.

It's truly refreshing.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
10 Jan 22

@suzianne said
Until finally, in Revelation, we see a clear delineation between those who bear the Mark of God and those who bear the Mark of the Beast.

Before that, it's generally left as an exercise for the student.
I know.

Moves
10 Jan 22

@josephw said
What was it in your town yesterday, the annual “blowing-smoke-up-the-bum” day?

Moves
10 Jan 22

@josephw said
Again, I can always count on you to see through my guise.

It's truly refreshing.
Smokey!