Good sci-fi is about the present

Good sci-fi is about the present

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Feb 22

@avalanchethecat said
Doesn't seem like it, but you tell yourself whatever you need to.
Yes, I used that “Comedy gold” line for the very first time ever only hours after objecting to its frequent use and it was not sarcasm on my part 🙄

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
11 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Yes, I used that “Comedy gold” line for the very first time ever only hours after objecting to its frequent use and it was not sarcasm on my part 🙄
Yeah it doesn't seem at all like you were being sarcastic. Maybe you just haven't really got the hang of it yet.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Feb 22

@avalanchethecat said
Yeah it doesn't seem at all like you were being sarcastic. Maybe you just haven't really got the hang of it yet.
Whatever you say, sailor

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Feb 22

@fmf said
Religion is "between the ears" too, KellyJay.
Some can be I agree, but I've walked where they killed Jesus, stood where Pilot sentenced Him to death. History, in this case, has the races represented walking around some knowing what kid they were related to, either Issac or Ishmael. We have documents from Jesus' time dated decades after the fact, making the original documents have to be written close to the actual events. We have many different myths, but we need only to be concerned about the truth. Did these things happen?

F

Moves
11 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
Some can be I agree, but I've walked where they killed Jesus, stood where Pilot sentenced Him to death. History, in this case, has the races represented walking around some knowing what kid they were related to, either Issac or Ishmael. We have documents from Jesus' time dated decades after the fact, making the original documents have to be written close to the actual events ...[text shortened]... ave many different myths, but we need only to be concerned about the truth. Did these things happen?
The supernatural aspect is "between your ears" and not "hard facts".

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Feb 22

@fmf said
The supernatural aspect is "between your ears" and not "hard facts".
The difference between supernatural and natural is what, what it is that you have been exposed to and come to expect? If people were raised from the dead all of the time, that would be a natural event; it is only because it isn't done as a rule do we know when Jesus rose from the dead, something beyond the norm took place. There is no reasonable scientific or otherwise limiting explanation that a miracle cannot occur. The events covered in the writings of those who witnessed them say these things did occur. You have no problem thinking that life could come from non-life, which is raising to life something dead and never alive; you pick and choose those things that are miracles you want to believe and don't.

F

Moves
11 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
The difference between supernatural and natural is what?
The former, we can only speculate about and reach our subjective opinions regarding the "reality" that's the subject of our conjecture; the latter, we can both explore and perhaps agree upon - or debate - the objective facts about the reality in which we both live.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Feb 22

@fmf said
The former, we can only speculate about and reach our subjective opinions regarding the "reality" that's the subject of our conjecture; the latter, we can both explore and perhaps agree upon - or debate - the objective facts about the reality in which we both live.
It is nice to know you think there are objective facts; what are your top three concerning origins?

F

Moves
11 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
It is nice to know you think there are objective facts
Of course, there are "objective facts". What are you getting at?

F

Moves
11 Feb 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
It is nice to know you think there are objective facts; what are your top three concerning origins?
what are your top three concerning origins?

The origins of life? "Objective facts"? None that I am aware of, let alone three. Neither of us know what the origin of life was.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Feb 22

@fmf said
what are your top three concerning origins?

The origins of life? "Objective facts"? None that I am aware of, let alone three. Neither of us know what the origin of life was.
Name a few objective facts.

F

Moves
11 Feb 22

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Feb 22

@fmf said
Such is the reality of moral compasses as I see them.

Your "subjective accretion" is your "subjective accretion" and my "subjective accretion" is my "subjective accretion".

Feel free to use your "subjective accretion" to evaluate and judge my "subjective accretion".

And I will use my "subjective accretion" to make what I will of your "subjective accretion".

If the ...[text shortened]... gardless of what books you have read in order to figure out how you think you should live your life.
The Bible is just a book 📚 the God it speaks about is the prime mover.

F

Moves
11 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
The Bible is just a book 📚 the God it speaks about is the prime mover.
And your personal opinion about "the prime mover" influences your moral compass. No problem.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Feb 22

@fmf said
And your personal opinion about "the prime mover" influences your moral compass. No problem.
If that was all that was taking place it would be no different figuring out what is good from evil, than ordering a favorite ice cream.