Good sci-fi is about the present

Good sci-fi is about the present

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
11 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
There isn't a mechanism we can point to that shows us how it would start, just stories of what may have happened.
And your reaction to this is to seek and receive solace from ancient Hebrew mythology and its cult of Jesus' personality/identity offshoot.

F

Moves
11 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
The mechanism driving those is what, outside of design, you only have pipe dreams.
I tried to meet you halfway on the "design" thing, but, as is so often the way you ~ you just did not address it. Once again:

I am open to the possibility that a creator entity is responsible for my consciousness and my "nature" which enables my "nurture" to construct a moral compass so that my conscience can operate. Maybe there is a creator entity that wired me with morality ~ "wrote" it in my "heart", perhaps. That would mean my "nature and nurture" analysis still makes sense.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Feb 22

@fmf said
I tried to meet you halfway on the "design" thing, but, as is so often the way you ~ you just did not address it. Once again:

I am open to the possibility that a creator entity is responsible for my consciousness and my "nature" which enables my "nurture" to construct a moral compass so that my conscience can operate. Maybe there is a creator entity that wired me with morality ...[text shortened]... rote" it in my "heart", perhaps. That would mean my "nature and nurture" analysis still makes sense.
<<Maybe there is a creator entity that wired me with morality ~ "wrote" it in my "heart", perhaps.>>

What is your evidence of this?

Can anyone see evidence of this based on your behavior in this forum?

F

Moves
11 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
What is your evidence of this?
It's just a piece of speculation about supernatural causality on my part.

F

Moves
11 Feb 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
Can anyone see evidence of this based on your behavior in this forum?
I always conduct myself in compliance with the dictates of my moral compass. I stand by anything and everything I have ever said ~ and I am happy for it to represent my character and mindmap ~ stretching back 10 or 15 years. Every single post.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Feb 22

@fmf said
I always conduct myself in compliance with the dictates of my moral compass. I stand by anything and everything I have ever said ~ and I am happy for it to represent my character and mindmap ~ stretching back 10 or 15 years. Every single post.
Well then your “moral compass” has been broken for years, or you got your “moral compass” from the bargain bin.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Feb 22

@fmf said
It's just a piece of speculation about supernatural causality on my part.
Speculation indeed.

Comedy gold.

F

Moves
11 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Well then your “moral compass” has been broken for years, or you got your “moral compass” from the bargain bin.
You're entitled to call it how you see it.

F

Moves
11 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Speculation indeed.
Speculation to match KellyJay's speculation, and what's interesting is the overlap.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Feb 22
1 edit

@fmf said
Speculation to match KellyJay's speculation, and what's interesting is the overlap.
Yes, that’s got me on the edge of my seat.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Feb 22

@fmf said
You're entitled to call it how you see it.
Thanks for your unnecessary permission.

F

Moves
11 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Yes, that’s got me on the edge of my seat.
If you dismiss the possibility that a creator entity created human consciousness, so be it.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
11 Feb 22
2 edits

@pb1022 said
Speculation indeed.

Comedy gold.
10 Feb
@ghost-of-a-duke said
Comedy gold.
@pb1022 said said
That phrase, along with “Oh, the irony,” are really overused in this forum and have become cliches. You should try to think of something new, Ghosty.

🤔

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Feb 22

@avalanchethecat said
10 Feb
@ghost-of-a-duke said
Comedy gold.
@pb1022 said said
That phrase, along with “Oh, the irony,” are really overused in this forum and have become cliches. You should try to think of something new, Ghosty.

🤔
Yes, it’s called sarcasm.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
11 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Yes, it’s called sarcasm.
Doesn't seem like it, but you tell yourself whatever you need to.