Forum etiquette #2

Forum etiquette #2

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cape Town

Moves
12 Apr 17

Originally posted by sonship
Backpeddling now when you make an issue of someone's "worst behavior" is slimy to say the least.

"Worst" implies rating genius.
Not back pedaling at all. You simply didn't bother to read my original post and instead read josephw's take on it and totally missed the context of the word 'worst'.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Apr 17
2 edits

Originally posted by sonship
The charge of plagiarism is bogus.
No it is not. Here is the definition from Wikipedia:

"Plagiarism is the "wrongful appropriation" and "stealing and publication" of another author's "language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions" and the representation of them as one's own original work."

This is exactly what you, on occiasion, do.

You have admitted that you take other ministers work, reword it and post it here. The ideas you present when do this belong to someone else. My contention is that you are not the minister you make out you are through the posts you make in this forum. It is dishonest and you should stop it. (Stop presenting certain stuff as your own, not stop posting it).

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Apr 17

Originally posted by divegeester
Sonship is not "accepting and agreeing" with someone, he is presenting someone's ideas as his own.

See the difference?
Ok, I get it. No quarter.

In that case, you are just 100% wrong.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
You have completely sidestepped the content and meaning of my response to you. What I said was, in effect, an observation on the way you make use of this message board. But you choose to ignore it.
Because it's untrue, simple as that.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Apr 17

Originally posted by josephw
You're just saying that because no one is paying any attention to you.

Joking.

From now on I'm going to write the word "joking" when I'm joking.
If you expect your jokes to be recognized as such, don't write 'joking' when what you're saying is absolutely true.

F

Moves
13 Apr 17

Originally posted by Suzianne
Because it's untrue, simple as that.
So you are claiming it is "untrue" to say that sonship uses this debating board to "preach" using long long long copy pasted quotes from texts, endless monologues based closely on the writings of some ideologues he admires, and sometimes makes seven or eight or more posts in a row containing doctrine and dogma, and that he does this day after day while showing little or no interest in beliefs that are different from his?

You are claiming all that is "untrue" about sonship?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
13 Apr 17
1 edit

Ok, I get it. No quarter.

In that case, you are just 100% wrong.
Sonship has admitted that he takes the ministry of others and rewords it, he then presents it in here without citation or acknowledgement. In my opinion this is plagiarising the original author. I don't expect you to openly agree with me even if you do in principle, as you never ever disagree with sonship openly about anything ever under any circumstance, even if you disagree with him privately. He's your buddy and you will stand by him no matter what, right.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
So you are claiming it is "untrue" to say that sonship uses this debating board to "preach" using long long long copy pasted quotes from texts, endless monologues based closely on the writings of some ideologues he admires, and sometimes makes seven or eight or more posts in a row containing doctrine and dogma, and that he does this day after day while showing l ...[text shortened]... in beliefs that are different from his?

You are claiming all that is "untrue" about sonship?
It becomes tiring in the extreme to talk to you anymore, since you continually grab the wrong end of the stick. Learn a new trick or two.

rc

Moves
13 Apr 17
1 edit

It becomes tiring in the extreme to talk to you anymore, since you continually grab the wrong end of the stick. Learn a new trick or two.
I know and he alluded to me as tedious when I am more light and breezy for sure- classic FML gaffe.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
Sonship has admitted that he takes the ministry of others and rewords it, he then presents it in here without citation or acknowledgement. In my opinion this is plagiarising the original author. I don't expect you to openly agree with me even if you do in principle, as you never ever disagree with sonship openly about anything ever under any circumstance ...[text shortened]... ou disagree with him privately. He's your buddy and you will stand by him no matter what, right.
No, that's not right.

I've had my disagreements with him and we talked it out and I find that I have more in common with his ideas than I have disagreement. Running over the same old ground ad nauseum doesn't help anybody. The differences we do have are minor points of doctrine, certainly not enough to cause salvation to be lost, unlike the differences I have with others in this forum. Even you and I have more in agreement than disagreement. Where you and I butt heads most often is your treatment of other Christians in this forum.

And that's really all there is to that.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Apr 17

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I know and he alluded to me as tedious when I am more light and breezy for sure- classic FML gaffe.
Dude, you are so "light and breezy" as to be practically insubstantial, to be sure.

rc

Moves
13 Apr 17
1 edit

Dude, you are so "light and breezy" as to be practically insubstantial, to be sure.
why thank you mam. (said with a southern accent)

F

Moves
13 Apr 17

You always say cliched things like this when you have blurted out something that's economical with the truth.

F

Moves
13 Apr 17

The differences [sonship and I] do have are minor points of doctrine...
The supposed "perfect morality" of angry, vengeful, eternal torture of billions and billions of humans for not being Christians is a "minor point of doctrine"?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
You always say cliched things like this when you have blurted out something that's economical with the truth.
"economical"

That IS one way to put it. The one way that is downright stingy with the truth.

My point is that almost everything you say lends towards a user-car salesman desperate to make a sale of a rather tawdry vehicle. And I really can't be the only one who sees it. Telling you to "learn a new trick or two" is some rather good, undeserved, and probably unappreciated advice. Your predictability rather bores me to tears most days.