Forum etiquette #2

Forum etiquette #2

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
11 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I think that divegeester has taken it slightly too far with the word "plagiarizing" (in terms of how the word is conventionally used) and that he might have simply described sonship's posting style as too often being wholesale regurgitation of someone else's ideas - often almost to the point (or past it) of spamming.

I would add that this voluminous bulk reg ...[text shortened]... and discussion message board and probably more properly belongs on some other internet facility.
Agreed! A further indication of being hypersensitive to the idiosyncrasies of others while remaining essentially oblivious to his own. He certainly does seem a rather thirsty fellow for quaffing down entire Camels while straining out little gnats. If I lived in a figurative spiritual desert I would be thirsty too.

F

Moves
11 Apr 17

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Agreed! A further indication of being hypersensitive to the idiosyncrasies of others while remaining essentially oblivious to his own. He certainly does seem a rather thirsty fellow for quaffing down entire Camels while straining out little gnats. If I lived in a figurative spiritual desert I would be thirsty too.
This reads like some tedious little tract you have copy pasted out of a file containing your go-to hackneyed "banter". I feel like you have posted more or less these words 50 times before. I don't think we are "agreed" at all. I think divegeester has marked sonship's card correctly.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
11 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
I think divegeester has marked sonship's card correctly.
Well, I think you think you have everyone's card marked correctly.

I think you should change your player name to Slippery Eel. πŸ˜‰

F

Moves
11 Apr 17

Originally posted by josephw
Well, I think you think you have everyone's card marked correctly.

I think you should change your player name to Slippery Eel. πŸ˜‰
Why wouldn't I think I'd marked it "correctly" after 10 years of reading sonship's posts and interacting with him? You a free to mark "Slippery Eel" on my card if you want.

rc

Moves
11 Apr 17
3 edits

Originally posted by FMF
This reads like some tedious little tract you have copy pasted out of a file containing your go-to hackneyed "banter". I feel like you have posted more or less these words 50 times before. I don't think we are "agreed" at all. I think divegeester has marked sonship's card correctly.
Gee thats bitter. You seem rattled 😡

Being lectured by the most tedious poster in the history of the Internet on what is tedious - Classic forum gold - 😡

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Apr 17
3 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
I have also read a fair bit of Watchman Nee and many other Christian authors. There is no doubt that their thinking shaped my own thinking at various times and perhaps some of their ideas have remained with me. But I'm not posting their ministry in this forum as my own.

Most authors will provide acknowledgement of others ideas or ministry either in t ...[text shortened]... the text.

It's paying respect for the original work and demonstrating intellectual honesty.
Please go to all the posts which are under my name. Go back chronologically. Tell us when you get to a date in which you do not see me quote and provide reference link to some point I am making.

I do not say every post has this. And every post should not because frankly, there are many things I just convey out of my own diving into the Scriptures or I may have gleaned from other servants of God.

Did you notice that the letter of Jude almost repeats the letter of Second Peter ? Repeating the servants of God is not always necessarily an indication of someone wanting to make his own turf of originality.

Probably near a hundred of times I provided readers with a link to the place that confirmed some teaching i was making. You should know that I did this many, many times. I think i was on this forum a couple of years before you came along divegeester.

i vaguely remember being active here before you arrived on the Forum. I have always (not every post) sourced with quote and link where similar things could be read.

I did not give the date of the original message because it is just too cumbersome to look this up all the time. If you contact Living Stream Ministry and tell them "This sonship fellow does not give the DATE of the messages he quotes" I will plead that that charge is correct. I do not provide dates of messages given.

But there is no way I will plead guilty to trying to push MY original writing as that of Watchman Nee or Witness Lee. I challenge you to produce your evidence of this and submit it to Living Stream Ministry.

Now put up or shut up.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
If I read a Christian book which I've purchased and I subsequently paraphrase the ministry within it and post it in here without reference as though it was my own, have I done anything wrong?
I live these things. These visions and teachings is what I daily live by since January of 1974.

No, every post is not going to have a credit given any more than I give credit to my mother and father for every word and action I perform in life.

Let me tell you all the real fact before God, before the Devil and before the world. The reason that I provide links to www.ministrybooks.org so often (to people's annoyance sometimes) is because I want them to read more about what I am sharing.

The number of times in which I would not provide a credit indication is because the person to BLAME for any error in what I wrote is ME. Many times I wrote IMO, or "It is my opinion".

That is saying, "This is my opinion about it. Blame me if it doesn't sound good to you."

How many times guys, have I said basically -

"This here is in a book by Watchman Nee or Witness Lee"

quotation cut and pasted in.

From "The Life Study of -------" by Witness Lee

www.ministrybooks.org

How many times have you seen me do this over the last several years?
And I don't intend to stop doing it because these things need to be read by seekers of the truth.

rc

Moves
11 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by sonship
Please go to all the posts which are under my name. Go back chronologically. Tell us when you get to a date in which you do not see me quote and provide reference link to some point I am making.

I do not say every post has this. And every post should not because frankly, there are many things I just convey out of my own diving into the Scriptures or I may ...[text shortened]... your evidence of this and submit it to [b]Living Stream Ministry

Now put up or shut up.[/b]
Now put up or shut up - we live in hope of both.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Apr 17

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Now put up or shut up - we live in hope of both.
Say what? What do you mean Robbie ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Apr 17
1 edit

Preachy Poster - " Jesus is Lord. Jesus comes to live in you forgiving all your sins to build up the mystical Body of Christ. "

Skeptical Poster - " Oh Yea? You just copied that. Give credit to the originator!"

Preachy Poster

" Jesus is Lord. Jesus is building up the body of Christ. Jesus Christ is available and can come to live in us." - Witness Shmee, pg. 20, LSM book

Skeptical Poster - " I don't have to listen to that. You just copied it !! "

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
11 Apr 17

Say what? What do you mean Robbie ?
I believe Robbie was speaking indirectly to Dive, through you.

The reason for this? Robbie is a big girl's blouse.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Apr 17

" Lord, have mercy. "

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
11 Apr 17

" Lord, have mercy. "
As an atheist, i'm counting on it.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
God will have mercy on whosoever he will.
God loves cheerful givers.and hates greed and selfishness
God loves righteous people and hates sinners.

If you qualify then you are in good standing

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
A Prayer for to the halfway open hearted Atheist.

"Lord Jesus. You know I have no faith. But You seem to have had ALL the faith. I lay my hands on You Lord Jesus. I just identify with You. You have faith FOR me Jesus. I have none. Lord Jesus I take You as my believing One on my behalf. Be what I am not. Be all that I am not. Come with all You have to enrich me from all that I do not have towards God.

I thank You Lord Jesus. Even with Your faith, not my own, I thank You."

Or

God, I don't like You. You know that I don't like You. Towards You God I have zilch. I have nothing. But I come willing to be changed. If You can change me God, I come willing for you to give it a go."

Now if any Agnostic or Atheist argues that "I don't like that because you have to have faith to believe. And you have to believe to have faith. So that is a circular fallacy"

My reply to you is that you won that argument. That is right. You have to have a little faith to believe. And you have to have a little belief to have faith. That is right.

But some of you HAVE a little faith.
And some of you do have a little belief.

But you won that argument and the Bible agrees because -

" But without faith it is impossible to be well pleasing to Him, for he who comes forward to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." (Hebrews 11:6)

Why has God chosen the way of faith for men to contact Him? I am not sure. I think maybe because FAITH leaves nothing for man to boast about in himself.

Maybe God in His wisdom has chosen a manner of touching Him which leaves nothing for man to brag about in himself. Faith humbles all. If God is not FAITHFUL our faith means nothing at all.

God is FAITHFUL.