Faith is full of power

Faith is full of power

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
27 Dec 21

@sonship said
Brothers and sisters in Christ, You're not being hoodwinked.
You may be being hood washed.

Here is a song I wrote about the Washing of the Water in the Word.

The Washing of the Water in the Word from Ephesians five
Sing along!

https://soundcloud.com/jack-wilmore/[WORD TOO LONG]
I think the snake oil you peddle here in insidious and drip fed into scripture. It is far more damaging to genuine Christians than anything an atheist could muster.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Dec 21

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

"Stick and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me."

- Anonymous

Moves
27 Dec 21

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

"Stick and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me."

- Anonymous
Hang on, weren't you just calling me a numbskull? (Or some silly variation.)

Moves
28 Dec 21

there is Blood in the Water
there is Water turned to Wine
there are thorns around my innards
but there are Christians on the Vine

Moves
28 Dec 21

I think "Faith is full of power" would be a good topic and phenomenon to consider in a non-denominational and even non-religious sense.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Dec 21

@Kevin-Eleven

I mean that faith is full of power because God is FAITHFUL.

Moves
28 Dec 21
1 edit

@sonship said
@Kevin-Eleven

I mean that faith is full of power because God is FAITHFUL.
I think that in the course of a life faith could still be full of power -- sustaining, comforting, and motivating power -- even if it turns out that when we die that's it: game over, no continuation.

As for me: happy to be here, and happy to still be here. 😉

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Dec 21
2 edits

@Kevin-Eleven

My New Testament says something I would never think to ask of God - eternal life. That is something I don't think I could conceive of even asking for. I cannot even imagine eternal life.

God wanting me FOREVER ?? That is a unimaginable amount of love. Don't you think?

"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Dec 21

@sonship

I have received strenuous opposition to showing the Triune God wants to conform the saved to the image of Christ. Or I have been strongly opposed for showing the dispensing of God's communicable attributes into man.

But I can see God wanting forever Christ.
It is somehow Christ wrought into, worked into, imparted into man that man is blended with this beloved One that is His eternal purpose.

In that way I can see [b}"the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord." [/b]

So to be born again is to embark on this transformation.
What do you think Paul meant by "grow up into Him in all things" ?

"But holding to truth in love, we may grow up into Him in all things, who is the Head, Christ . . ." (Eph. 4:15)

Moves
28 Dec 21

@sonship said
@Kevin-Eleven

My New Testament says something I would never think to ask of God - eternal life. That is something I don't think I could conceive of even asking for. I cannot even imagine eternal life.

God wanting me FOREVER ?? That is a unimaginable amount of love. Don't you think?

"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23)
It's just words. People are easily swayed, misled, and controlled by words.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Dec 21
1 edit

@kevin-eleven said
It's just words. People are easily swayed, misled, and controlled by words.
Surely this is a huge generalisation and therefore a gross misrepresentation of the human race Kevin Eleven?

Moves
28 Dec 21

@sonship said
@sonship

I have received strenuous opposition to showing the Triune God wants to conform the saved to the image of Christ. Or I have been strongly opposed for showing the dispensing of God's communicable attributes into man.

But I can see God wanting forever Christ.
It is somehow Christ wrought into, worked into, imparted into man that man is blended with this be ...[text shortened]... ruth in love, we may grow up into Him in all things, who is the Head, Christ . . ." (Eph. 4:15) [/b]
Good lord, you are now replying to yourself.

Moves
28 Dec 21

@divegeester said
Surely this is a huge generalisation and therefore a gross misrepresentation of the human race Kevin Eleven?
One does tend to paint in broad strokes when one has the overview, as I do.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Dec 21

@kevin-eleven said
One does tend to paint in broad strokes when one has the overview, as I do.
In this case “Painting in broad strokes” is merely a metaphor, a synonym for “generalisation” isn’t it?

Moves
28 Dec 21

@divegeester said
In this case “Painting in broad strokes” is merely a metaphor, a synonym for “generalisation” isn’t it?
Yes, of course. Should I read into this an implied request to write less metaphorically, or are you about to take us down some semiotic rabbit hole?