Evolution

Evolution

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C

Moves
11 Jun 06

Ok guys I think that there's no point in disscussing this anymore.My reason being that we are both relying on faith.We creationists have faith in the fact that God does exist and that He did create the earth.You evolutionists on the other hand have faith in science and observations of your so called evolution.We can't prove eachother wrong at all,it's impossible!

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
11 Jun 06

Originally posted by CreepySlash
Ok guys I think that there's no point in disscussing this anymore.My reason being that we are both relying on faith.We creationists have faith in the fact that God does exist and that He did create the earth.You evolutionists on the other hand have faith in science and observations of your so called evolution.We can't prove eachother wrong at all,it's impossible!
What's "faith"?

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
11 Jun 06

Do you routinely disbelieve the evidence of your own senses, and defer it to some supernatural entity that you have no proof of?

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
11 Jun 06

Originally posted by scottishinnz
Do you routinely disbelieve the evidence of your own senses, and defer it to some supernatural entity that you have no proof of?
Well, it does take "faith" to believe that your perceptions mean anything, right? Thus there's no difference between seeing an apple and assuming that you can reach out, grab it and eat it, and believing that the Earth is only 6000 years old. Right? You just pick the faith you like the best.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Jun 06

Yes, but scientific faith is better. Scientific methods rely on observation and logic which we use in real life frequently. If youy question scientific methods you must impugn your own experience and reason.

Your faith is an arbitrary belief in a supernatural being.

C

Moves
13 Jun 06
2 edits

Why is scientific faith better?

I think the idea of having a God is better.The Bible is an eye-witness account of the only one who was there:God.Who was there to observe evolution?

Creepy,:-(

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
13 Jun 06

Why is scientific faith better?

I think the idea of having a God is better.The Bible is an eye-witness account of the only one who was there:God.Who was there to observe evolution?

Creepy,:-(
Now all you have to do is prove that God exists.

C

Moves
14 Jun 06

Originally posted by scottishinnz
Now all you have to do is prove that God exists.
I can't.It's as simple as that.It sounds reasonable to me that there is a God.

By the way,science can't prove anything.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
14 Jun 06

I can't.It's as simple as that.It sounds reasonable to me that there is a God.

Define prove.

C
Ego-Trip in Progress

Phoenix, AZ

Moves
14 Jun 06

Can you prove that science can't prove anything?

If so, can you provide proof of the proof of the proof?

Does this sound ridiculous yet?

Extrapolate.

-JC

C

Moves
14 Jun 06

Originally posted by Churlant
Can you prove that science can't prove anything?

If so, can you provide proof of the proof of the proof?

Does this sound ridiculous yet?

Extrapolate.

-JC
Proving is showing how something is right or wrong based on evidence.I have no evidence for God so I can't "prove" he exists.

Science can't "prove" anything because there are experiments made to create theorys like evolution.Other experiments show it's wrong,but then others show that it is wrong.That's why I say science can't prove anything.

By the way I'll be going on holiday for 20 days so we can carry on then.Until then:bye!

Moves
14 Jun 06

showing how something is right or wrong based on observational evidence is not a bad description of what science is (although not a complete one). I think I speak for quite a large number of people when I say that science can prove things. Please do continue this when you return as I would very much like to know how you come to belive that science can't prove anything.

C
Ego-Trip in Progress

Phoenix, AZ

Moves
14 Jun 06

As an addition to the topic:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13320805/from/RS.3/

-JC

a

Meddling with things

Moves
15 Jun 06

believing the folk tales of a bronze age people=FAITH

believing the results of systematic study by generations of academics does not equate to faith. It is a process of weighing evidence. If you can't see the difference then you should be barred from serving on a jury or from voting.

N

Moves
16 Jun 06

Is that like studying systematic theology?

Because it's a very interesting topic.

It is the study of all things created by God, and the

evidence of God in all things.