Evolution

Evolution

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N

Moves
16 Jun 06

No, Scott, all you have to do is

prove evolution exists. No wait, it doesn't.

There's your answer.

The Bible is proof of that. Read on McDuff. Read Genesis, and just imagine YOU

were there when all of it happened. It can be really cool!

Oh, science? Saw a video the other day. It was of a satellite that NASA sent out from earth

to study our galaxy and beyond. The video showed the satellite moving from earth passed

the planets, out of our galaxy and into another galaxy beyond. As the satellite looks back

toward our planet it shows a little speck then the galaxy just DISAPPEARS!!!!!!!!!

You tell me you've got proof that evolution created all of that space?????????

C'mon, we know that God created the HEAVENS and the earth.

Why is this so hard for you to believe?

Science can't explain everything.

Just read Genesis...VERY VERY SLOWLY.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
16 Jun 06

Originally posted by Nosrac

There's your answer.

Oh, science? Saw a video the other day. It was of a satellite that NASA sent out from earth

to study ...[text shortened]... u to believe?

Do you have anything worthwhile to say?

C

Moves
05 Jul 06

I'm back!!!

I believe science can't prove anything because of what I said.
I've come to believe this by studying Biology,Physics,etc.In all my studies numerous people have been proven wrong.Aristotle for example believed in the spontaneous generation which people believed to be true for over a thousand years until he was later "proven" wrong,however today there could be evidence that then shows that to be wrong.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
05 Jul 06

For the love of Vishnu, I'm away for a couple days and some idiot has started yet another thread on evolution.

Kid, I've been where you are now. I was brainwashed once too. Get an education and keep an open mind to the evidence. Always hold your beliefs up to honest inquiry, and you should come out okay in the end.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
05 Jul 06

Originally posted by scottishinnz
Do you have anything worthwhile to say?
You know we need an ignore feature around here. These uneducated rabid fundamentalist kids just pollute the forums with their rambling, semi-legible regurgitations.

Moves
05 Jul 06

the problem with that is there is nothing to stop them ignoring you

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
05 Jul 06

Originally posted by CreepySlash
I'm back!!!

I've come to believe this by studying Biology,Physics,etc.In all my studies numerous people have been proven wrong.Aristotle for example believed in the spontaneous generation which people believed to be true for over a thousand years until he was later "proven" wrong,however today there could be evidence that then shows that to be wrong.
Oh dear, oh dear.

Well, if you want to make assertions that evolution is wrong you're jjust going to go out and prove them. Should be a sinch for someone of your vast intellect though.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
05 Jul 06

I'm back!!!

Does Gravity exist?

w

Moves
06 Jul 06
2 edits

I'm back!!!

I am also a creationist as you are and once believed the theory of evloution to be nothing that one great big lie. However, you must understand that there are truths within its constructs. I will not say that I believe all the conclusions derived from the science that supports it, but it has merit. The same can be said for the Bible. There are truths within the Bible that are unmistakeable. The conclusions drawn from its truths, however, I agree with competley. As you have rightly concluded, science is not perfect. Science is nothing more that man made observation and reasoning. Therefore, there is value and merit in this pursuit even though this pursuit is imperfect due to man's imperfection. This imperfection causes occasional wrong conclusions based on good science and/or imperfect data from bad science. However, we have benefited greatly from science despite this as it has shown to be reliable more often than not. One of the problems creationists have with the theoury of evolution is that they asume the theory says that man evolved from nothing. This is incorrect. Abiogenesis is the theory that science uses to tackle this issue devoid of supernatural intervention. For me this theory is untenable and laughable. It is much akin to Aristotle thinking spontaneous generation is true. Scotty has in the past tackled this theory on a previous thread and I give him credit for his bravery and you are welcome to look for the thread abiogenesis yourself and decide for yourself. Questioning is key, however, in unvailing man's imperfect conclusions in regards to both science and the Bible. As Christ once said, seek the truth and you will find it.

S

Moves
06 Jul 06

Originally posted by Nosrac

There's your answer.

to study ...[text shortened]... u to believe?

You make baby Jesus cry with your retardedness. Just think of how appalled God must be with your display of humanity, you continue to waste the gifts he's supposedly given you. You should stop before he decides you are going to hell for stupidity.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
06 Jul 06

Originally posted by whodey
I am also a creationist as you are and once believed the theory of evloution to be nothing that one great big lie.
Looks like you're not a very good scientist.

w

Moves
06 Jul 06

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
Looks like you're not a very good scientist.
Looks like you are not a very good reader. You might try reading the rest of the post before casting judgement.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
06 Jul 06

Looks like you are not a very good reader. You might try reading the rest of the post before casting judgement.
What does the Bible have to do with Science?

Answer: Nothing

Moves
06 Jul 06

you make the judgement from 'I am a creationist'. nothing else is needed.

w

Moves
06 Jul 06
2 edits

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
What does the Bible have to do with Science?

Answer: Nothing
Ever heard of Biblical archeology It is a science based on the stories in the Bible? There are also other philisophical/spiritual truths that come to mind. My point was that there are truths within the Bible as there is in science. However, I accept all of the conclusions from the truths in the Bible that have yet to be shown to be flawed but I do not accept all scientific conclusions which have in the past shown to be flawed at times.