Echo Chambers

Echo Chambers

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jan 22

@indonesia-phil said
How about DNA evidence, scientifically analyzed over and over again and proven to be factual? I'll say it again shall I just in case you didn't get it the first time; DNA evidence. Here it is one more time, just to be sure; DNA evidence.
That could jyst as easily be attributed to a common design. After all, we all live on the same planet, are subject to the same atmosphere, largely eat the same foods, etc. Given that, why would you expect the design of living things to be radically different?

And how does the theory of evolution build something as complex as the cell and DNA? You think that happens by blind chance?

Moves
02 Jan 22

@josephw said
Yes, it's true, I love your attention.

And I love you too.
You’re fascinated by me and how I challenge your thinking.

IP

Moves
02 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
That could jyst as easily be attributed to a common design. After all, we all live on the same planet, are subject to the same atmosphere, largely eat the same foods, etc. Given that, why would you expect the design of living things to be radically different?

And how does the theory of evolution build something as complex as the cell and DNA? You think that happens by blind chance?
So around 4000,000,000 years ago, your god made single celled life, then he waited about 500,000,000 years before he made anything more complex, then he blew some oxygen into the earths' atmosphere so that things could get even more complex, then he made things happen really really quickly by making the 'Cambrian Explosion' which despite the name happened over many tens of millions of years, then he made all the bunny rabbits and the fishy wishies, and then....Adam and Eve, the first and only people, who had two sons, and then....?

Moves
02 Jan 22

@indonesia-phil said
So around 4000,000,000 years ago, your god made single celled life, then he waited about 500,000,000 years before he made anything more complex, then he blew some oxygen into the earths' atmosphere so that things could get even more complex, then he made things happen really really quickly by making the 'Cambrian Explosion' which despite the name happened over many ten ...[text shortened]... fishy wishies, and then....Adam and Eve, the first and only people, who had two sons, and then....?
🤔...nah...that can’t be it.🤭

IP

Moves
02 Jan 22

@great-big-stees said
🤔...nah...that can’t be it.🤭
But....But....It can't have all happened....Naturally?

Moves
02 Jan 22

@indonesia-phil said
But....But....It can't have all happened....Naturally?
Remember, there are people who believe in fairies.🤔

Moves
02 Jan 22

@great-big-stees said
Fifty-four percent of Icelanders either believe in fairies or say it's possible they exist. Roads have been diverted around boulders where the elves, or álfar in Icelandic, supposedly reside.

Wiki

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jan 22

@indonesia-phil said
So around 4000,000,000 years ago, your god made single celled life, then he waited about 500,000,000 years before he made anything more complex, then he blew some oxygen into the earths' atmosphere so that things could get even more complex, then he made things happen really really quickly by making the 'Cambrian Explosion' which despite the name happened over many ten ...[text shortened]... fishy wishies, and then....Adam and Eve, the first and only people, who had two sons, and then....?
An evolutionist using creationism to divert attention away from how weak the theory of evolution is? Gee, that’s never happened before lol

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jan 22

@great-big-stees said
And there are people who believe something came from nothing, non-life created life, mindlessness created consciousness and blind chance led to the complexity of life we see today.

Moves
02 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Fifty-four percent of Icelanders either believe in fairies or say it's possible they exist. Roads have been diverted around boulders where the elves, or álfar in Icelandic, supposedly reside.

Wiki
See. I told you.

Moves
02 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
And there are people who believe something came from nothing, non-life created life, mindlessness created consciousness and blind chance led to the complexity of life we see today.
Who are those people? I don't know any.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Who are those people? I don't know any.
I believe they’re called atheists.

Moves
02 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
I believe they’re called atheists.
You are merely demonstrating you don't know atheists at all and haven't been listening to what they actually believe.

Something came from nothing, - Not what I believe
Non-life created life - Not what I believe
Mindlessness created consciousness - Not what I believe
Blind chance led to the complexity of life we see today - Not what I believe.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You are merely demonstrating you don't know atheists at all and haven't been listening to what they actually believe.

Something came from nothing, - Not what I believe
Non-life created life - Not what I believe
Mindlessness created consciousness - Not what I believe
Blind chance led to the complexity of life we see today - Not what I believe.
Ok, I forgot you believe in an eternal universe (or series of them) that expands and contracts.

But what created life and consciousness?

And you may disagree, but I believe random mutations are the equivalent of blind chance.

Moves
02 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Ok, I forgot you believe in an eternal universe (or series of them) that expands and contracts.

But what created life and consciousness?

And you may disagree, but I believe random mutations are the equivalent of blind chance.
The problem with making generalized statements about atheists is that they believe in a wide array of things. You would be the first to object If I presumed all theists, including JWs, believed the same things and then proceeded to tell you what they were.

Random mutations are not the same as blind chance, as progression is made with only the good mutations. (It's more the case of trial and error with bad mutations going nowhere). You might have a point that it was only good luck, If every mutation was said to be beneficial. But that is not how evolution works.

Say, for example, I threw 1000 rolled-up pieces of paper into a bin and only managed to get 2 of them in. Would you similarly claim the 2 successful ones were blind luck while ignoring the 998 that missed? Think about it.