Echo Chambers

Echo Chambers

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Dec 21

@divegeester said
Don’t flatter yourself runt.

I have an honest answer to any questions put to me. However you have slipped down my poo list yet again and I have no interest in your vacuous pretentious posing.
Who cares about your “poo list?”

You’re so full of yourself it’s hilarious.

Are you leaving this site in 2022 as promised? I’ll gladly become a paid subscriber once you and your “poo list” have hit the bricks.

Moves
31 Dec 21

@pb1022 said
When you believe (as I do) that the Holy Bible is the inerrant, infallible and immutable Word of God, you realize that a human’s pea brain is not capable of discerning what is true or false and therefore your claim of “confirmation bias” sails right out the window.

Put in more understandable terms, your idea of “confirmation bias” assumes the truth can be known by the pea brain of humans, and that just ain’t the case.

Therefore, your OP is fatally flawed.
This is a highly illogical post.

You are also human and by your own definition are unable to discern what is true or false. On what basis then can you claim 'the Holy Bible is the inerrant, infallible and immutable Word of God'?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
31 Dec 21

@fmf said
I have no idea whether you are "wrong" and I am not interested in ascertaining whether you are or not. The OP is an invitation to reflect on what steps you take to avoid confirmation bias.
Then I guess I avoid confirmation bias by not having any.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
31 Dec 21

@divegeester said
Give me one good reason why I should tell you?
Now there's an honest answer to a straightforward question.

Hypocrisy in action.

Moves
31 Dec 21

@josephw said
Now there's an honest answer to a straightforward question.

Hypocrisy in action.
Again, I’m not interested in you. I’m less interested in you than I am in anyone else in this forum.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
31 Dec 21

@divegeester said
Again, I’m not interested in you. I’m less interested in you than I am in anyone else in this forum.
So what?

If you're trying to make me feel bad you'll have to hit me in the back of the head with a 2by4.

Moves
31 Dec 21

@josephw said
So what?

If you're trying to make me feel bad you'll have to hit me in the back of the head with a 2by4.
Omg here you are again obsessing over my attention! 😆

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Dec 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
This is a highly illogical post.

You are also human and by your own definition are unable to discern what is true or false. On what basis then can you claim 'the Holy Bible is the inerrant, infallible and immutable Word of God'?
I can certainly discern what appears to be true and what appears to be false. I should have been clearer in saying I was referring to absolute truths.

And I can make that claim about the Holy Bible due to its content but *most importantly* because that revelation is spiritually discerned.

“But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.”

(1 Corinthians 2:14)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Dec 21

@divegeester said
Please permit me to have that coveted spot.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
31 Dec 21
1 edit

@pb1022 said
Please permit me to have that coveted spot.
No, no! Me, me!

😀

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
31 Dec 21

@fmf said
I don't see what is "pseudo-intellectual" about the OP.
I rest my case.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
31 Dec 21

@fmf said
An example of a so-called 'echo chamber' would be a readers' comments section on a right-wing blog where non-right-wing comments were routinely deleted. Or, a WhatsApp chat group for supporters of a certain religious faction or sect where dissenters' memberships are revoked if they 'don't fit' in terms of the ideology espoused. Another thing, adjacent to the 'echo chamber' effect, would be where an atheist only reads books about atheism.
More confirmation bias.

Bravo.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
31 Dec 21

@bigdogg said
You just cut off your own legs.

By your own logic, you should not make any truth claims here. Your 'pea brain' doesn't permit it. 🙂
It's theology, it's not rocket science.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
31 Dec 21

@divegeester said
Your snide comment fits better in this thread doesn’t it; looks less like you’ve just rocked up into a brand new thread to post some scorn when you do it a few pages in.
Well, that is exceedingly better than conjuring up a scornful OP that poses as intellectual.

Moves
31 Dec 21

@suzianne said
Well, that is exceedingly better than conjuring up a scornful OP that poses as intellectual.
No, it's about the same.